Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm okay with it, but I don't really support the idea as I found it fun and enjoyable to explore which items to upgrade.

The way I see it, without the upgrade -- unless you play alts -- Valor Points become just about as relevant as Justice Points. Could be a signal of moving completely away from the VP/JP system and making normal/heroic raiding more relevant through gear since LFR has nullified such raiding to see the content, which is fine.

Still though, I enjoyed the option to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. They said they are going to evaluate the system, not temporarily remove it. IF it comes back, it will be completely different from the system we have now.
    Personally I would like items to Have XP and be able to level up, maybe they could connect it to doing the dailies everyone does, and to raids and dungeon bosses. It seems like a more fluid way then having to spend Valor and Justice on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Who wants to spend 3 and a half months capping valor after you are fully geared? No one, that's who.
    True that. It would give lots more time to play a different game, maybe GW2.

It's weird to remove an NPC that was just introduced last patch, only to bring it back in a later patch... I'm not a fan of the upgrade system personally but if their going to continue it then leave the upgrade system and NPC in game. Removing a system you advertised for MoP every other patch is just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

i think its a way better system than nerfing boss by 5/10/xx % every month. Its somethings that keeps the player doing something to progress, and not just waiting till boss Hp/dmg come down to easy mode. I like this system very much, its rewarding for effort, and not rewarding for doing nothing.
    And even if u have cleared everything, have bis gear in every slot, and near bis on your offspec ( i only achieved this state in tier 2, 5, 6, 7 and in 13), u still have a reason and a possibility to progress your gear. Its something to do for those that are now at full hc farm state, and it helps those who are at 7-12 hc and struggle for gear for the last bosses this tier (like 99% of raiding community).

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I hate it. It dooms all PvE and PvP players to needing to valor cap every week in order to get the most out of their gear.
    but it doesn't. upgrade is 750 a piece meaning you only get one upgrade a week, and you don't need to cap to get it. WHat it does, is give raiders who tend to have a lot of valors sitting around doing nothing, the ability to turn it into a useful upgrade.

It worked a lot better for pvpers who have fully upgraded gear at this point. For raiders it just meant holding onto to valor until you get a bis weapon or trinket. So I really didn't care about it that much.

gear upgrade is just a weird concept... Made by blizzard because people have to many conquest points during seasons...
    SO THEIR SOLUTION IS THAT?...
    How about nerfing Conquest points gained?, make people get less conquest points instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blizzard has stated themselves that the feature is going away in 5.2. It could return in 5.3 but we don't know that yet.
    I believe they will keep doing this, content patch remove it then lore patch bring it back as way to nerf the previous patch raid.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like it. Gives me something to work towards. It gets a bit boring waiting for that one piece to drop or getting nothing for a long time. At least this way I am doing something.
    I'm also ok with them removing it for new content and bringing it back a little later. My advice whatever method they end up doing with it, keep it simple.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    So all my upgrades done so far have been pointless and will be taken away from me?
    Goes against the MMO concept, expecting a valor refund or gold even

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    So all my upgrades done so far have been pointless and will be taken away from me?
    Goes against the MMO concept, expecting a valor refund or gold even
    All currently upgraded gear will remain upgraded.

Hate this feature. In a min/max guild, being forced to cap each week? Either let raiders become fully capped from doing heroic content, or stop implementing blatant time sinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it's a good system. Especially when it comes to gearing->LFR460->LFR470.
    It's absolutely horrible to just get no drops. And in my case (I don't do dailies) I can't buy valor items. Rather upgrade my gear to gain stupid ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

no. but only because they are choosing a method of removal that will not be equal across the board. by simply removing the vendor and placing upgrades on hold they will be creating a gap between those who got the gear upgraded before the "nerf" and can keep that gear, and those who did not get their gear upgraded in time and never will. This is not the same division as when excellent players get gear first and continue to do so based on their skill. That is completely acceptable.

To make this "semi-nerf" fair they should remove the feature retrograde across all gear.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    but it doesn't. upgrade is 750 a piece meaning you only get one upgrade a week, and you don't need to cap to get it. WHat it does, is give raiders who tend to have a lot of valors sitting around doing nothing, the ability to turn it into a useful upgrade.

Or you could reach the cap and get 2 upgrades in a week with the 250 extra valor from 3 weeks of being valor capped.

We learned the giving 25 mans a small incentive debate.... making even the smallest bonus available will make players feel like they are forced to do it.

Deleted
    It wasn't needed and it was a strange thing to implement in the first place.

I really hope this wasn't the thing Ghostcrawler was talking about when he said he had "a new interesting way to keep top PvP players playing throughout the season", because if it is it just highlights his ignorance of how active the playerbase is in arena throughout the season.

Deleted
    Personally I think the upgrade feature is awesome. And that those wanting to remove it have something horribly wrong in their tight little brain. You don't need to use the upgrade feature if you don't want to, the content is designed around non-upgraded gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It was a horrible system to begin with. Aaaaaaand painful if you upgraded an item and an upgrade would drop a day later...... or worse and the item that drops would be an upgrade if it was upgraded as well but right now it's slightly shittiër....
    That's why you don't just brainlessly upgrade everything straight away. You need to think ahead. And THAT is what causes all this whining and hatred.

And again: You don't NEED to use it if you don't like it. It's like pet battles or archaeology. I don't like the pet shit so I don't do it. Guess some people just can't stand the idea that not everything in the game is mandatory and readily chewed up for them to prevent them from stressing their puny little minds. Instead they go all "OMG I need to use this because it's in the game!" and get stuck around every new feature without a single thought of their own.

It's also a good JP/VP dump for those who either don't have anything to buy but need to get rid of some points before they reach the cap, or for those who haven't been lucky with new gear and want to extend the lifespans of their old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    We learned the giving 25 mans a small incentive debate.... making even the smallest bonus available will make players feel like they are forced to do it.
    ^
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-01-15 at 01:42 PM.

I voted yes. However, were this upgrade path introduced a bit differently, in a less ham-fisted way as it was in 5.1, it could be very effective. Abstract example of how it could've been:

5.1: add +4 to JP gear, no upgrades to VP
    5.2: add another +4 to JP gear (putting it at 471 as it can be now), add +4 to all 5.0/5.1 epics
    5.3: add +4 to JP (475), another +4 to 5.0/5.1 epics, +4 to 5.2 epics

By add, I don't mean add the ilvl, I mean add the upgrade path. So for 5.1, you have 0/1 for upgrade of JP gear. In 5.2, it becomes 0/2, or if you were already 1/1, it's now 1/2. So on and so on.

Very abstract idea that I just threw together in 5 minutes, so take it for what it's worth (next to nothing :P).

I dont think Blizzard fully looked into what would actually happen with the item upgrade system. I know in my guild, a lot of us are completely geared in HT14 with several items fully upgraded AND on track to be close to fully upgraded heroic gear AND have the valor cap for 5.2. That alone will make the next tier easier to clear and the possibility of upgrading each piece of gear as you get it which will just snowball the ilvl's even further.