Poll: Same as thread topic - Would you use triple spec if it existed?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Triple spec - IF it existed, would you use it?

I'm looking for either a blue post or GC tweet I saw recently where they hinted at entertaining this idea but in no way, shape or form promised us triple spec. Annoys me I can't find that post...

Anyhow, given how the talent system now works, we can now tweak talent layouts on a specific spec to fine tune it for either pve or pvp. Thus, the old method of using dual spec for separate pve and pvp builds of the same "spec" don't apply anymore.

As for me, being a shaman main, I would welcome it. I've played elemental and resto mostly since BC, but I've always said I would play enhance if I didn't have to monkey with redoing keybinds and whatnot every time I wanted to swap it in for one of my other specs. Pure laziness, yes, or convenience if you will. Nothing stopping me from spending the gold to change a spec. That didnt' stop me from spending 10k gold on acquiring dual spec for every character I had available for it when it came out, so I'm not a total cheapskate...just mostly a cheapskate. :P I've always maintained that I play a class, not a spec, but given how you're shoehorned into 1 or 2 specs of your class, it is more about the spec you are, not the class.

One thing I would not like about a triple spec: Yet ANOTHER set of gear to deal with. I'm just barely getting my main (ele) set caught up; I just started playing MoP again 2 months after it was out. Moreso, my bag space...wait, I wouldn't have any, lol.

Personally, with the new talent system, duel spec should be removed. It trivializes all choice and we need more gold sinks
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

so what would they do for druids? quad spec?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Personally, with the new talent system, duel spec should be removed. It trivializes all choice and we need more gold sinks
    Because the 4 JC mounts, grand expedition yak, 2 engineering mounts, BMAH, and other stuff I'm forgetting clearly weren't enough in terms of gold sinks...???

For those who have all those mounts, kudos to you. Have a cookie.

I think any character should just be able to swap specs and talents on the fly. It would help give everyone more flexibility a la Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Because the 4 JC mounts, grand expedition yak, 2 engineering mounts, BMAH, and other stuff I'm forgetting clearly weren't enough in terms of gold sinks...???

Yes, because the average person doesn't need a gold sink... What about people who don't care about mounts? Sorry but we don't need duel spec anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yes, because the average person doesn't need a gold sink... What about people who don't care about mounts? Sorry but we don't need duel spec anymore.
    i have to disagree, at this point people have become accustomed to playing more than one spec at the click of a mouse. If they were to take it away as you think they should (which i don't understand) there would be many many more angry people than those that would be happy. Also everyone loves mounts .
    do what you feel.

Definitely would like to see more adaptability. Would love to have a third spec for like PvP or something. The only problem I see is how crowded bags are and how much worse it would be like this. I mean if i'm running a healing spec, a dps spec, and then a pvp spec regardless of what it is, that's three sets of gear right there. And I already carry about that much. Something needs to be done about the gear thing imo.

If the reason they keep dual spec around is for a gold sink, that's not necessary. Motes being soulbound have already bogged down production and driven up costs on most servers I've seen.

Everybody would use it...

Assuming they did add this feature, I have to wonder at what point they wouldn't just make it so that the choices you make are just on a pull-by-pull basis. Maybe we need 5 healers for this pull, so the 2 monks, a pali, a priest, and a druid go to that specialization. After that we're down to 2 heals, so one monk and the druid stay while everybody else changes themselves around.

While it adds versatility, Doesn't it remove some of the identity of specs? Also, wouldn't everybody (in high-end raid guilds) be expected to have armor for every possible spec?

There are good and bad things about opening up these options. Personally, I would use it, but I am also not pushing for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post

These are not gold sinks. Since 90% of what you listed are mounts which are in no way mandatory to the public. It is like saying flightpaths are a goldsink, but most of the times we use them are because flying isn't available to that character yet. For example if flying was removed in pandaria then the flightpaths would be a goldsink. Removing dual spec will give the players a goldsink if you are required to respec. With dual spec if you are required to respec most of the times you are prepared and have it already as your second spec and just change over. As for the Black Market Auction House it is kinda only a gold sink to hardcore players which is not the majority of the playerbase.

Just give us a PVP spec tree and separate it. IMO

it would be silly to not use it if it's available really.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Everybody would use it...
    Not necessarily. Using my paladin as an example, I have no desire to play prot on him. I would be 100% content playing ret and holy.

Of course, I do not speak for the entire world, and perhaps I am providing an exception to a rule.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2013-01-14 at 09:43 PM. Reason: double quoted

Deleted
    I think it is only a needed option for those with 3(Monk,Paladin,Druid) different role (tank, healer, dps).
    Since giving it to only these 3 would cause massive QQ (even if they don't need it as much), I vote yes for all class.

I personally wouldn't mind to pay even 50K for it on my druid (But would never do it on 2 role chars). I need it to increase my life quality, and not to save gold.
    Last edited by mmocfb6ee87cab; 2013-01-14 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    These are not gold sinks. Since 90% of what you listed are mounts which are in no way mandatory to the public. It is like saying flightpaths are a goldsink, but most of the times we use them are because flying isn't available to that character yet. For example if flying was removed in pandaria then the flightpaths would be a goldsink. Removing dual spec will give the players a goldsink if you are required to respec. With dual spec if you are required to respec most of the times you are prepared and have it already as your second spec and just change over. As for the Black Market Auction House it is kinda only a gold sink to hardcore players which is not the majority of the playerbase.
    Since people are like "zomg we need gold sinks!1!1!!", they could've left the cost of dual spec at 1k like it originally was. I was miffed as anyone when they made it so dirt cheap, being I had already bought it on most all my characters. :P

i would definitely use it. as a DK, i raid as UH, PVP as frost, and i want to have a blood spec to solo old content with >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOOOOOOOOOMG I'd love this so much! I already switch my os between frost and blood all the time. It's so annoying! I'd love to heal tank and dps on my paladin but again switching specs around is so annoying! Triple spec would be the best thing ever!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Of course! i want 3 spec

Personally, I wouldn't mind it so much if they still cost you gold to change, so duel spec just meant u didn't need to go to cities. I would also prefer it if they made every class able to do at least 2 roles