Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WOOOOTzor! Godus was funded through kickstarter! the same company that made Dungeon keeper 1/2, populous ( fable :S ), black and white.. alot of other epic games!

Now we just need War for the Underworld done and ill be looking forward to next year even more

War for the Underworld -> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-overworld
    Godus -> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...godus?ref=live

Elite Dangerous at Kickstarter - New fantastic PC only game!

Seems I screwed up my own thread when trying to update it with the latest update.

Oh well, here I go again

Elite is a old Amiga franchise and now roughly 20 years after the latest installment we have the possibility of getting a new game.

Elite - Dangerous!

This will be possible if the Kickstarter reaches it's goal of 1.25 million Pounds.

If you are wondering what Elite is take a look at this teaser:

If you feel like this is a game you want to be made like so many other people want, please pledge anything you can

Thank you!

Update #24

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...angerous/posts

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:52 PM ----------

Backers

£1,002,143

pledged of £1,250,000 goal

days to go

Doing gr8 but we need more help from everyone!

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:41 AM ----------

Info to all Mac-users.

"If we reach £1.4 million in funding through the Kickstarter project, we will release a Mac version of the game around 3 months after the initial Windows PC release."
    Last edited by XLon; 2012-12-27 at 01:59 PM.

New video discussing trading in the game.

Deleted
    I have high hopes for this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...46965925417366

Dungeon Keeper? yes please. Gief. Gief now

Deleted
    Elite: Dangerous hit the funding mark of £1,250,000 a few days ago, and is currently at £1,423,843 with 14 hours remaining.
    They got the 1,4m stretch goal too, meaning the game is also coming for Macintosh.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-01-04 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    For anyone interested in seeing another great sandbox MMO like old-school Star Wars Galaxies or Ultima Online, Pathfinder Online is sounding great! It's on Kickstarter now, and there's a dev blog out explaining in great detail all of the game systems. The way the beta stuff sounds on the main page makes it sound bad, but read the developer comments- it's really a beta in name only.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sy-sandbox-mmo

https://goblinworks.com/blog/index.html
    hoping this one takes off, not many days left
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    the pathfinder kickstarter has been fully funed
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted

Let's get Distance greenlit on steam! A kick-ass arcade racer/Sequel to Nitronic Rush

What is Distance?
    It's...well, this:

Why should I vote for it on steam green light?

If you're not a fan of racing, then you may not be interested. But the thing is, while I'm not a fan of racing, I -loved- Nitronic rush!

Nitronic what-now?

A fast paced arcade racer, like the one you see above and made by the same people who are bringing Distance. The difference? NR was a -free- game released as a student project. Distance will be a more complete game with multiplayer and improved graphics, although if you ask me I'd have gladly paid for Nitronic Rush. Even after I beat the story there are tonnes of hardcore and challenge levels to complete, THEN the community made maps.

What does the gameplay entail? Pretty much the same sort of stuff in the above video, not just racing on a plain track but you're doing flips, defying gravity, wall running, flying and so on. It's not uncommon in the later levels of NR to be constantly jumping wall to wall, I always lose track of where 'down' is in the process.

Sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure it's for me....

Go ahead and try Nitronic Rush, it's free and relatively small. http://nitronic-rush.com/download-game/ (Requires a torrent client, but the download is usually quick as more peers are found)

The game recommends a gamepad but a keyboard is fine as well! If you enjoy the game, then I'm sure Distance will be enjoyable for you. Just be sure to get the latest version, else you'll be missing chunks of content.

I enjoyed Nitronic Rush/This game looks great, where is it on steam greenlight?

Right here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=103111305

It needs to be in the top ten pretty soon though in order to be greenlit! Else many people will simply not be aware of what, in my opinion, seems to be a great quality game over the other games that get greenlit. Such as games that get a truckload of votes because it's based on someones youtube channel or it has a ton of hype around it. And to be quite blunt I'd rather see games like this getting by than what look like facebook or app games and "indie" games in 8-bit style with a cheap gimmick.

You seem to be advertising a bit strongly here...

Fair point, but honestly I think this is a great game (in terms of potential providing there are no game breaking bugs or issues and it's as surprisingly polished as Nitronic Rush) that just lacks any kind of decent marketing owing to the lack of a major youtube channel backing it up or even advertising outside Greenlight and its own website. And I don't see what's wrong with showing people a great game, it's no different than someone else making a thread on their favourite series of games that they believe are obscure and need more attention etc.

There are too few racing games with special mechanics... like Extreme G or F-Zero. 99% of the racing games I see are set in the modern world, trying to be as realistic as possible. I don't want a sim, I want a game!

And it looks pretty good already for pre-alpha footage.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-01-14 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    There are too few sci-fi racing games with special mechanics... like Extreme G or F-Zero. 99% of the racing games I see are set in the modern world, trying to be as realistic as possible. I don't want a sim, I want a game!

And it looks pretty good already for pre-alpha footage.
    Agreed! Games are games, if you ask me developers need to focus more on being unrealistic and taking advantage of the 'game' part of video game. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nitronic Rush was very fun and pretty damn polished for what it is, and is available for free. I just played through the other day, and a sequel would have a lot of potential. Got my vote.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking loved nitronic rush, it's an amazing arcade-style racing game! !

15+ Year Old Account
    That actually looks pretty wicked.

It's got my vote.

I am very interested in this! Tired of simulators, need one of those great arcade games! Played Trackmania to death, this Distance looks like a great fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I am very interested in this! Tired of simulators, need one of those great arcade games! Played Trackmania to death, this Distance looks like a great fun.
    As PC Gamer put it: "It looks like Trackmania and Tron had a baby. And that isn't a bad thing!"

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 08:10 PM ----------

What the heck? Why was my thread merged with this one? It wasn't even a kickstarter, heck it was already funded by it. What I was asking for was greenlight votes, not kickstarter funding for Distance. o-O

Deleted
    Well, Distance didn't get Greenlit (Not kickstarted as it's -already- been funded from before I made my thread :3 ) and instead the next ten greenlit games had some interesting picks and some...less interesting, but now it's in #6. So in the next round it should be good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you liked The Longest Journey and/or Dreamfall;
    Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ongest-journey
    Surrounded by idiots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    If you liked The Longest Journey and/or Dreamfall;
    Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ongest-journey
    damn yeah, Dreamfall was left so open ended. >_>

Deleted

Project Awakened! *UE4*

Hi folks... This is a game I'm looking forward to, ALOT :-)

Found it a week ago.. and decided to pledge it, lol... not something I'd normally do.. but this is just a game that's got to happen..

UE4 Graphics.. etc!

Any of you heard bout' it before?

PROJECT AWAKENED google it and see for yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hzero View Post
    Hi folks... This is a game I'm looking forward to, ALOT :-)

Found it a week ago.. and decided to pledge it, lol... not something I'd normally do.. but this is just a game that's got to happen..

UE4 Graphics.. etc!

Any of you heard bout' it before?

PROJECT AWAKENED google it and see for yourself
    Looks interesting, and a bit over-ambitious.