Used RAF granted levels. No clue how to play.

Anyone mind giving me some insight? Have an 80 warlock with no gear and no knowledge of the class. I read through all the spells for Demo and Destro. I obviously know the very basic idea, but I don't know the most efficient way to play.

More interested in Demonology as Destruction is really easy to learn. A couple things I'm not sure about is whether to use Shadowbolt or Felflame and at what demonic fury is it best to use Metamorphosis. Also, when to use Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave (only with 2+ or always). Little things like that. Any tips would be great.

I haven't looked through Affliction yet, so basic leveling rotations would be great here too.

Right
    Wrathguard. Keep Corruption on the target (all targets), spam shadowbolt until maxed fury and use soul fire when the proc occurs. use Hand of Gul'Dan as soon as its ready. When you transform, apply doom, summon your imp army and use dark soul. Then basically spam the shadow bolt button.
    VERY basic rotation ^ haha

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:06 AM ----------

The other buttons are basically all situational, to be used when the need arises, Demonic Leap, hellfire for AoE, Carrion swarm for knockback etc
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing is to look into some sites that offer guides to classes. MMO champ I bet has some guides in the warlock forums.

Elitist Jerks is a good site for classes. Quite a bit of it is more advanced stuff so not sure if this would help you early on.

Icyveins has some good basic guides to it also guides on just about anything else in the game.

I can't post links yet but just google them.

Not sure if you mean new to locks or new to wow but my useful tip would be to learn keybinding. Nothing improves a toon better then learning keybindings to replacing clicking spells.

Don't forget Noxxic.com

I'm not new to WoW, just new to the class. Thanks for the tips though. The first thing I always do is set up keybinds (habit since I'm a somewhat serious PvPer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I get the feeling this has been moved here from another forum, if Ninjaturtle's post is anything to go on, in which case you didn't actually see the stickies at the top of the warlock board. I shall make it easy for you in that case, the Demonology guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide Brandspanking new, written by one of our most trusted Demonology main spec warlocks on the board.

I strongly encourage you to read through it and the previous thread linked in it for everything you need to know about Demonology in 5.0 and beyond. (rest of the forums is informative too if you want to know about other specs or warlock issues.)

Stop botting and lvl up your characters by yourself to train and see what your spells do.

I dont understand how you say you know the basic idea of how to play yet don't even know about noxxic. com or raidbots. com?

If you don't even know how to play the game. Why would you skip the important levels of learning your class?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how you say you know the basic idea of how to play yet don't even know about noxxic. com or raidbots. com?
    Anyone can understand a basic rotation of a class, but it's a completely different thing than actually knowning how to play your class effectively. I've played almost seven years and I learned Noxxic/icy-veins last summer.

But to the topic, just play your class, try to learn couple abilities every day and you'll end up knowning those spells.
    Time spent playing < Actually playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the general rule of thumb to banish and ignore people who RAF power level and rush to the forums to learn what they should have done during 80 levels of questing?
    #worst.idea.ever!

Deleted
    The best thing you can do now is to look up your rotation on something like noxxic.com. then go to the practice dummies your city and just practice the rotation till it goes smooth. Then go a zone just below your level and start killing things, just to get a feel for the real combat. Try out all your spells just to see what they do as well.

This is the reason I always want to level a char from scratch who's class I never played before. WoW classes have so many buttons to push, you really need the leveling time and experience to learn them all.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Don't forget Noxxic.com
    I facepalm every time i see this.
    Noxxic.com told me to use HotR over CS as a prot paladin... Even tho CS did almost double the damage of HotR...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    I really wouldn't recommend Noxxic, having checked both the demo and affliction rotation and cooldown page the information there is just plain wrong on several counts. Stick to the mmo sticky guides as they have been subjected to community input and refined over time, as a result it is very much more unlikely that a guide made in this way would have mistakes and misleading information to the extent that noxxic does.

Deleted
    Step 1)
    Log on the character, spec demonology, read all tooltips, now read them again. Now start leveling to 90.

Step 2)
    If you are curios about any spells while leveling, ask here.

Step 3)
    When you are level 90, go read the Demo sticky a handful of times until you've understood everything. Feel free to ask questions there regarding everything. Don't use Noxxic, Icy veins or whatever they are called. It is LFR material, and is not made for players who would like to get above the 30th percentile. Elitist Jerks isnt what it used to be, and is in general too specific to be useful for you.

Demonology is probably the hardest caster spec to learn, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest dps spec to learn to play overall.

I assume you know how dots work with temporary caster buffs, and what happens when a dot gets refreshed, because that is pretty important to know once you get to level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Stop botting and lvl up your characters by yourself to train and see what your spells do.
    I have to agree. I don't care what anyone says, leveling is pretty valuable to learning about your class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Isn't the general rule of thumb to banish and ignore people who RAF power level and rush to the forums to learn what they should have done during 80 levels of questing?
    #worst.idea.ever!
    I don't think we really need that kind of elitism. Honestly, I benefited from this, looking at going to demonology from levelling to 87 using Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I facepalm every time i see this.
    Noxxic.com told me to use HotR over CS as a prot paladin... Even tho CS did almost double the damage of HotR...
    1. Hammer of the Righteous only use to maintain Weakened Blows.
    2. Crusader Strike on cooldown. Generates Holy Power.

Maybe Noxxic isn't the issue and you just need some corrective lenses.