Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialsniper View Post
    The quickest way to stop this rioting and hooliganism would be to declare martial law in Belfast and send in the army with shoot rioters on sight orders and i doubt the rioters and hooligans wouldd be brave enough to go up against armed soldiers.
    Welcome to the continual failings of the British army. Fortunately we learned that violence did not solve Northern Ireland - working with the Republic and trying to create a society of relative equality did. It's been far more successful.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Why the hell does Northern ireland even allow Nationalists a seat of power?

They're just a bunch of Retired Terrorists whom have causes nothing but trouble for Northern Ireland.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Welcome to the continual failings of the British army. Fortunately we learned that violence did not solve Northern Ireland - working with the Republic and trying to create a society of relative equality did. It's been far more successful.
    I'd say it was the opposite, not ENOUGH Violence was the problem in northern Ireland, we didn't crack down on them as violent terrorists, we put the kid gloves on.

The republic be damned, the Northern irish should be PROUD of being a member of the United Kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Why the hell does Northern ireland even allow Nationalists a seat of power?

They're just a bunch of Retired Terrorists whom have causes nothing but trouble for Northern Ireland.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:00 AM ----------

I'd say it was the opposite, not ENOUGH Violence was the problem in northern Ireland, we didn't crack down on them as violent terrorists, we put the kid gloves on.

The republic be damned, the Northern irish should be PROUD of being a member of the United Kingdom.
    The politics is infinitely more complex. The hidden war was perpetrated by both sides to brutal ends - it was the governments of Ireland and the UK that ended that bullcrap. Building up violence only created more and more tension in the territory. When it is, and will be for the foreseeable future, around 55% Loyalist and 45% Unionist, why antagonise and justify their violence with violence.

Half the rioters need a spanking, not rubber bullets. The freedom of the first democracy in the UK is that nobody has to be proud. They are members by birth. That's way cooler than anything.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    The politics is infinitely more complex. The hidden war was perpetrated by both sides to brutal ends - it was the governments of Ireland and the UK that ended that bullcrap. Building up violence only created more and more tension in the territory. When it is, and will be for the foreseeable future, around 55% Loyalist and 45% Unionist, why antagonise and justify their violence with violence.

Half the rioters need a spanking, not rubber bullets. The freedom of the first democracy in the UK is that nobody has to be proud. They are members by birth. That's way cooler than anything.
    I am sorry, perhaps I am merely very bais considering I lost family members against the IRA when I think, in all honesty, they should be scoured from the face of the earth for being the worst group of human beings alive.

They had all the chances of Political talks, PEACEFUL Protests and SMART discussion, but they took up arms, bought with money from America, and Killed innocent people in ungodly and cowardly ways.