Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Healing(ret) getting buffed!!!

Retribution now does 50% extra healing with Flash Heal. The Selfless Healer talent has been reduced to 20/40/60% bonus healing.

Let's be honest, this was unavoidable wasn't it? Comparing us to Boomkins/Ele/SP's we needed something to keep up with them and maybe this buff will help us do that(slowly but sure blizzard is seeing the light of the Paladins xD)

Our Flash heal will do now approx ~50K so I am really looking forward to this change.

What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    On my elemental Shaman, healing surge CRITS for like 38k. So, you doing 50k noncrit, seems a little much.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Retri has got no survivability abilities whatsoever so, not forgetting that retribution selfheals were THE POWER of retribution paladins, so it's more then normal we get this buff mate

50k flashes sounds great, they could crit 150k+ in arena's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    Retri has got no survivability abilities whatsoever
    okey let's see:

Divine shield: 8 sec imunity.

Divine protection: 40% magical damage reduction for 10 sec.

Hand of protection: 10 sec imunity to physical attacks.

Devotion aura: 6 sec imunity against silences and interupts and an 20% magical dmg reduction

yea I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you that retri paladins have no survivability abilities whatsoever

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a refreshing thing to see updated. Was not expecting any changes tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by label strew View Post
    okey let's see:

Devotion aura: 6 sec imunity against silences and interupts and an 20% magical dmg reduction

yea I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you that retri paladins have no survivability abilities whatsoever
    Divine Shield halves damage, can be shattered or Mass Dispel'd.

Divine Protection is on a minute cooldown and needs to have a glyph wasted to get the physical portion.

Hand of Protection is easily dispelled.

Devotion Aura is on a 3 minute cooldown and only protects a little against spells.

Yeah it's not like there's no survivability, but it's pitiful compared to the likes of Defense Stance + Second Wind in every imaginable way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Divine Shield halves damage, can be shattered or Mass Dispel'd.

Divine Protection is on a minute cooldown and needs to have a glyph wasted to get the physical portion.

Hand of Protection is easily dispelled.

Devotion Aura is on a 3 minute cooldown and only protects a little against spells.

Yeah it's not like there's no survivability, but it's pitiful compared to the likes of Defense Stance + Second Wind in every imaginable way.
    Yes Defensive CD's can be countered and quite frankly divine shield can only be countered by 2 out of 10 classes. So that isn't rly that big of an weakness.But that still doesn't change the fact that retri has no survivability CD's at all which was what I was getting at. and tbh you're defensive CD's are still better then those of some of other classes.

I'm not saying retri is OP(as they are not). but I hardly think they are underpowered aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by label strew View Post
    okey let's see:

Even funnier still they have more defensives than elemental. albeit not much, both specs (not classes, holy and resto are the top healers in pvp right now) are really squishy.

it's not a good idea to compare ret pala defensive cd's with warriors defensive stance + second wind, when every1, even blizz, agrees that warriors are too good right now.
    just a quick example. a warrior with 400k hp will heal for 12k each sec, wich means that you actually need 12k dps just to keep him at the same hp. and 35% hp of 400k is 140k. wich means that if he has no healer, and you got 13k dps it will take 140 seconds that's almost 3 minutes, to kill him when he has no healer on him... you can't compare that to any other class, because it's silly so right now i can't see a reason for warrior + healer to lose to any1 (in 2v2 ofc, wich never will be balanced anyway)
    i myself play dps monk, and find palas hard enough to kill with freedom, and getting out of roots, and protection, and DS etc. turn it around, my insta heal wich is on an 8 sec CD hits for about 40k, and my chi wave heals for about 15k x3 if i'm in range of my enemy. and is on a 12 sec CD if i remember correctly. I'm glad i will be given a way to break roots, like you have, but your healing will be way too good, if you are really going to heal for 50k with a flash heal with no CD...

wow, that got messy :P hope it makes some sense

Quote Originally Posted by dar0 View Post
    it's not a good idea to compare ret pala defensive cd's with warriors defensive stance + second wind, when every1, even blizz, agrees that warriors are too good right now.
    just a quick example. a warrior with 400k hp will heal for 12k each sec, wich means that you actually need 12k dps just to keep him at the same hp. and 35% hp of 400k is 140k. wich means that if he has no healer, and you got 13k dps it will take 140 seconds that's almost 3 minutes, to kill him when he has no healer on him... you can't compare that to any other class, because it's silly so right now i can't see a reason for warrior + healer to lose to any1 (in 2v2 ofc, wich never will be balanced anyway)
    i myself play dps monk, and find palas hard enough to kill with freedom, and getting out of roots, and protection, and DS etc. turn it around, my insta heal wich is on an 8 sec CD hits for about 40k, and my chi wave heals for about 15k x3 if i'm in range of my enemy. and is on a 12 sec CD if i remember correctly. I'm glad i will be given a way to break roots, like you have, but your healing will be way too good, if you are really going to heal for 50k with a flash heal with no CD...

wow, that got messy :P hope it makes some sense
    Every hybrid dps (except ele) has unique ways of dealing with another team's offensive pressure - either directly or indirectly - except Ret. Ret doesn't have any unique utility except the underwhelming Emancipate and Seal of Justice. They're not good enough. Seal of Justice is almost never used now, especially since they nerfed its capability with HOTR. Emancipate costs a decent amount of mana and a global to remove one movement-impairing effect. If you have multiple, you have to spam it on yourself until you can move properly again and in that time, you're not dealing any damage whatsoever (except Censure) or generating any Holy Power whatsoever.

Flash of Light can only be used 3 times before a Ret is completely OOM and that mana is really, REALLY needed for Emancipate in a lot of cases. Ret healing will not be "way too good" at all, period.

EDIT: For clarification, Ghostcrawler is probably referring to Sword of Light when he says 50%. So it's 50% instead of 30% extra healing from Flash of Light, which isn't much.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-01-15 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think our fol will go up to 50k. Last time i checked it was around 25k in a pvp setting. We already have 30% increased healing on fol. It'll go from 130% to 150% which is like 15% increase. Another 10-15% from pvp power it'll be 35k max.

This is a nerf to prot and holy selfless healer.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    TBH, Holy almost never used it so I don't think Blizzard really cares if Holy doesn't like it, but it is the biggest nerf to Prot wanting to help others when they don't really need any healing themselves.

Deleted
    I am very happy with this change. Blizz have done something right for a change. I wish that Blizz would make ret specialize in offensive abilities more rather than be a true hybrid, but I can live with this.

I'm looking forward to 5.2 more and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    ... but it is the biggest nerf to Prot wanting to help others when they don't really need any healing themselves.
    Like on Tsulong. However, isn't Sacred Shield generally the better talent for raids?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Like on Tsulong. However, isn't Sacred Shield generally the better talent for raids?
    I started this topic for PVP purposes, /care about computer instructed content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I read the nerf as only applying to Ret's usage of Selfless Healer. Please correct me if I am misunderstood.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Wait, so Retribution gets to heal harder with Priest spells?
    Flash Heal
    --vs--
    Flash of Light

I mean, if Ret Paladins are expected to use other class' spells to be able to actually heal, well I think we found where the problem might be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I read the nerf as only applying to Ret's usage of Selfless Healer. Please correct me if I am misunderstood.
    They are buffing the baseline amount healed for ret, and to compensate so that their off heals wouldnt be ridiculous, they lowered the Selfless healer talent to buff FoL by 20/40/60 percent, down from 33/66/100.