Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Your existence is insignificant. You are a here for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of time. You are highly insignificant in the world, and the world is insignificant in the galaxy, and the galaxy is insignificant in the universe. The Earth is tiny and is only here for a fraction of time, a blink of an eye in the larger scheme of things. You will be completely forgotten and so will any memory of you. Nothing you ever say, do, or think will ever matter in any way, shape, or form, and neither will it last in any way.

You are completely and totally insignificant.

in·sig·nif·i·cant
    /ˌinsigˈnifikənt/
    Adjective
    Too small or unimportant to be worth consideration.
    (of a person) Without power or influence.
    Synonyms
    trifling - trivial - negligible - unimportant - petty

A graphical representation of your insignificance:
    -http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars (Chrome Only)
    -http://scaleofuniverse.com

Yes. I know. And?
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-15 at 09:15 AM.

cool story bro.

No really, that's all I can think to say to you. You aren't blowing any minds. I'm glad you thought it was worth it to post about it. At least I know you have some sore of free will or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    I've seldom seen such an incredibly unnecessary post. 100% atheist propaganda, too.
    It's called nihilism. Just because it questions the importance of "creation" or shows its lack of value, that doesn't make it an atheist propaganda. Your reaction shows that you're aware of this fact yourself, but you hate it.

Why is it mostly stupid people that disagree with the fact that OP presented? Unnecessary and pointless, but true nonetheless. It's almost as you are afraid of it, but the question is: why ? Does it damage your self-esteem ?

I think it's funny to read some of the reactions around here such as "you're emo, go cut yourself", "you need a hug". Perhaps your tiny little mind is too small to have the proper reaction towards the idea of nihilism, or you are unable to self-reflect. It's not disappointment or desolation. It's helping you get over hard times, and can be used as a tool to make any egomaniac get angry at his own delusions. I think that nihilism is pretty funny.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    actually we're not insignificant. each one of us can change the universe.
    The universe is insignificant itself. What we can change is insignificant, and it will still be insignificant after we change it. Imagine the universe suddenly disappearing. What then? So what? Can you answer these questions?
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-15 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    The universe is insignificant itself. What we can change is insignificant, and it will still be insignificant after we change it. Imagine the universe suddenly disappearing. What then? So what? Can you answer these questions?
    You can't answer that question. The answer to that question is nothing would exist, so there would be no answer that exists. You are totally free to embrace nihilism, but telling people they are stupid because they "don't have the peoper reaction" is childish.

People can agree or disagree with it by using their own views that don't involve insults and snide comments, as any used just weaken the worth of your words for those who won't try and shout down your point of view with personal attacks. If that is what you use then that is who you end up arguing with.

Significance is a personal view, just like time or other concepts that we've created. Just as how you can't have a ying without a yang, you can't have something that doesn't perceive significance also perceiving insignificance.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-01-15 at 09:42 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    The key is finding someone you are significant to.
    No, the key is making life significant yourself. Not that it wouldn't be significant enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    100% atheist propaganda, too.
    Sorry, but WTH?

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed the universe and even earth can move on without "you", however that doesn't make us totally insignificant as there are people that love us and people we love. On that scale, we are far from insignificant. It's just how you look at things and I prefer to look at things that matter to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unnecessary and pointless, but true nonetheless.
    Did you know that there was a fish back in the late Devonian era called a dunkleosteus; it was larger than a killer whale and had scythe-shaped teeth made out of solid bone embedded in its armor-plated skull.

That fact was both unnecessary and pointless, but true nonetheless. Should I start a thread about it?

I think it's funny to read some of the reactions around here such as "you're emo, go cut yourself", "you need a hug". Perhaps your tiny little mind is too small to have the proper reaction towards the idea of nihilism, or you are unable to self-reflect. It's not disappointment or desolation. It's helping you get over hard times, and can be used as a tool to make any egomaniac get angry at his own delusions. I think that nihilism is pretty funny.
    You could ultimately attempt to rationalize anything by saying "in the end it doesn't really matter."

Nihilism is the definition of self defeating... you can only "embrace it" so to speak by ultimately deciding that the concept of Nihilism doesn't matter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    It's called nihilism. Just because it questions the importance of "creation" or shows its lack of value, that doesn't make it an atheist propaganda. Your reaction shows that you're aware of this fact yourself, but you hate it.

Why is it mostly stupid people that disagree with the fact that OP presented? Unnecessary and pointless, but true nonetheless. It's almost as you are afraid of it, but the question is: why ? Does it damage your self-esteem ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:26 AM ----------

I, as I'd dare to say many other of us posters too, have gone through existentialist angst already and are quite content with the thought of mankind's insignificance when related to the universe. We don't really need that modernist "God-Justificator", if you will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Did you know that there was a fish back in the late Devonian era called a dunkleosteus; it was larger than a killer whale and had scythe-shaped teeth made out of solid bone embedded in its armor-plated skull.

That fact was both unnecessary and pointless, but true nonetheless. Should I start a thread about it?

You could ultimately attempt to rationalize anything by saying "in the end it doesn't really matter."

Nihilism is the definition of self defeating... you can only "embrace it" so to speak by ultimately deciding that the concept of Nihilism doesn't matter.

No, it isn't. Maybe it is for you, since you are projecting. You are unable to see the world from multiple points of view, only from yours. Some people would rather live a life based on reality. Why please forgive me for questioning things that don't make any sense.

No. Why are you asking me this? Ask the OP.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    You can't answer that question. The answer to that question is nothing would exist, so there would be no answer that exists. You are totally free to embrace nihilism, but telling people they are stupid because they "don't have the peoper reaction" is childish.

People can agree or disagree with it by using their own views that don't involve insults and snide comments, as any used just weaken the worth of your words for those who won't try and shout down your point of view with personal attacks. If that is what you use then that is who you end up arguing with.

Significance is a personal view, just like time or other concepts that we've created. Just as how you can't have a ying without a yang, you can't have something that doesn't perceive significance also perceiving insignificance.
    Because the way you should treat that type of annoying attitude is through further serious answers, right? Bringing attention to the fact that someone's replies are childish isn't childish. No, these type of people deserve to be told to get fucked, because that's where their minds limit. You cannot possibly treat these types of answers with seriousness because they're incompatible.

An answer like "looks like someone is an EMO", only proves that you gave no thought to the issue, and therefore you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out on your stupidity.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-15 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Because the way you should treat that type of annoying attitude is through further serious answers, right? Bringing attention to the fact that someone's replies are childish isn't childish. No, these type of people deserve to be told to get fucked, because that's where their minds limit. You cannot possibly treat these types of answers with seriousness because they're incompatible.

An answer like "looks like someone is an EMO", only proves that you gave no thought to the issue, and therefore you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out on your stupidity.
    You're the one here claiming everyone's "projecting" and in reality hating themselves. Just because people are ok with themselves doesn't mean they're denying the fact that we're not a big deal in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account

You can ignore them. If you respond to them then you are engaging them in the discussion, and when you start to insult them back you just end up looking like one of them.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-insignificant!

17 pages, why do you post an insignificant thread if you care so much about it?

We may be insignificant. But we are not alone.

Together we are something more significant than anyone can imagine.

Nothing really matters. Even if you could live forever or change the world. The universe remains the same. It's about finding a meaning to your own life. You have to decide what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    You are completely and totally insignificant.
    Just the kind of thing I needed to read to really give me that pick-me-up after all the other shit that's gone wrong today. I'll just go kill myself now if you'll all excuse me.

I'm going to rip into another dimension, create a machine that creates energy and matter, and become god of this universe for the rest of its existence. Then I'll erase your existence and then we'll see whos insignificant.

Good to know, OP.

I'm far too selfish to consider the impact I have on the people around me, much less the people/beings on this plain of existence. My life span is the only one that really matters to me. That being said, it must mean that everyone else in the universe is insignificant until I can use them. Then they return to being insignificant.

I'm about as significant as I can be to me.

Check and Mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    We may be insignificant. But we are not alone.

Together we are something more significant than anyone can imagine.
    Eh, it depends on your definition of alone. Try becoming a paraplegic and then see how many people will help you end your life. We're all a lot more alone than we'd like to admit and very few people in the world will sacrifice their own happiness or freedom for someone else. Just because people are around you doesn't mean you aren't actually alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Try becoming a paraplegic and then see how many people will help you end your life.
    I think I would help.