Release date for 5.2?

Anyone have an idea of when to expect 5.2 launching on live servers?

probably another month or 2 since it only just got released into ptr not long ago.

Alright thanks, gotta make sure i have enough time to level my monk up to 90 for the next arena season

They probably will test every raid encounter except the very last one 4 times (10,25,h,nh). More often if it's heavily bugged. At least 6 weeks if I had to guess

Are any bosses even out for testing yet?

I would bet around march

It will release the an hour before I can get home from work to spend my valor on gear upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It will release the an hour before I can get home from work to spend my valor on gear upgrades.
    This, and then I'll let out a long Napoleon Dynamite-sigh.

Deleted
    5.2 will prob be out this time next month, maybe 4 weeks

it wont be march, blizz have said they want patches out faster, if it is march then that is 6 months between tiers, they said they wont do that anymore

also the ptr went live on 3rd of jan, mid feb would mean its been 6 weeks, thats what blizz have in mind for time frames

the days of 8-10 weeks of ptr is gone

so ye i am 100% sure wit will be out in 4 weeks time, dont forget guys that the next expansion is due march 2014, which means if 5.2 hits in march they have 7 months to get two tiers of raiding out after 5.2

so ye i predict around 13th of feb (eu)

Deleted
    March, probably in the earlier part of the month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daedralord View Post
    dont forget guys that the next expansion is due march 2014
    What are you on about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Moon View Post
    They probably will test every raid encounter except the very last one 4 times (10,25,h,nh). More often if it's heavily bugged. At least 6 weeks if I had to guess
    5 times they also have to test lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason these type of threads exist is to bump post counts, at this point I think that everyone is pretty much aware that when a PTR comes, the final patch is about 1-2 months away. Asking about it literally a few days after the PTR starts is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverhood View Post
    What are you on about ?
    its due march 2014, 16 months between expansions, like MoP was after cata, they have gone on record and said they want 3 expacs out by mid 2015, mop is one of them

the beta for the new epac is due around september

its due march 2014, 16 months between expansions, like MoP was after cata, they have gone on record and said they want 3 expacs out by mid 2015, mop is one of them

the beta for the new epac is due around september
    I'm surprised you can speak at all with so much bullshit flowing out of your mouth.

In response to your prior post, 6 months is 'exactly' what they have stated the timeline to be. Or rather, 2 months + 4 months (2 months for a non-raid patch (5.1), 4 months for a raid patch (5.2)). 5.1 was released in late November, so 4 months after that is late March. This is further supported by how almost every patch hits PTR roughly 2 months prior to hitting live servers. 5.2 went on the PTR in early January: 2 months after this is early March.

Using a date between the two (and choosing a Tuesday, the usual patch days in the US) would mean we can expect 5.2 on either the 12th March or 19th March.

This is all using widely known information stated by blues, and numerous precedents set by nearly every single PTR-to-live servers lifespan for patches. What sources are you using for your claims of the next expac being 'due march 2014, 16 months between expansions'? Or the claim that 'the beta for the new expac is due around september'? I have heard of no such information from reputable sources. Please, feel free to provide sources to these claims to refute my argument. I would love to see them.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-01-15 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm surprised you can speak at all with so much bullshit flowing out of your mouth.

In response to your prior post, 6 months is 'exactly' what they have stated the timeline to be. Or rather, 2 months + 4 months (2 months for a non-raid patch (5.1), 4 months for a raid patch (5.2)). 5.1 was released in late November, so 4 months after that is late March. This is further supported by how almost every patch hits PTR roughly 2 months prior to hitting live servers. 5.2 went on the PTR in early January: 2 months after this is early March.

Using a date between the two (and choosing a Tuesday, the usual patch days in the US) would mean we can expect 5.2 on either the 12th March or 19th March.

This is all using widely known information stated by blues, and numerous precedents set by nearly every single PTR-to-live servers lifespan for patches. What sources are you using for your claims of the next expac being 'due march 2014, 16 months between expansions'? Or the claim that 'the beta for the new expac is due around september'? I have heard of no such information from reputable sources. Please, feel free to provide sources to these claims to refute my argument. I would love to see them.

what sources do i have for the 16 months, i meant 18 months actually, didnt ad it correctly, well my source is blizz themselves, they said it at blizz con and they also said it at an annual share holders meeting

as for bull shit coming out of my mouth, go away u little troll

what sources do i have for the 16 months, i meant 18 months actually, didnt ad it correctly, well my source is blizz themselves, they said it at blizz con and they also said it at an annual share holders meeting
    No they didn't. All they said was that they wanted expansions to be quicker (true), but they never gave any specific timing for the next 3 expansions, nor of any specific patches. The only thing they've given us (and have stuck to so far) is the timing of 2 months for a non-raid patch, then 4 months for a raid patch.

This would mean 5.2 is released in March, then 5.3 in May, 5.4 in September, then who knows when for the next expansion (assuming 5.4 is the Siege of Orgrimmar, the final raid).

To refute your claims further:

WotLK was announced 1 year, 3 months prior to its release
    Cataclysm was announced 1 year, 4 months prior to its release
    MoP was announced 11 months prior to its release

Source: WoWpedia

This would mean, if your March 2014 estimate is accurate, we should've either had an announcement already or expecting one very shortly. Since the hype machine hasn't even started yet (consider that for each of these announcements there had already been a ton of hype generated for many months prior, f.ex. the copyrighting of the names of the expansions), it's pretty safe to say you are entirely wrong.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-01-15 at 03:05 PM.