10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vivec lost powers when heart was destroyed. I think I was reading somewhere that he was snatched by daedra during the crysis.
    Yes and no. For one, he's CHIM, he doesn't need the Heart anyways.

Its sorta implied he used the Nerevarine's actions as an excuse to leave Morrowind and his responsibilities. And I honestly doubt Daedra can do anything with him. He made a fool of Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura, something not even Almalexia and Sotha Sil never come close to doing even at the height of their power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Yes and no. For one, he's CHIM, he doesn't need the Heart anyways.

Its sorta implied he used the Nerevarine's actions as an excuse to leave Morrowind and his responsibilities. And I honestly doubt Daedra can do anything with him. He made a fool of Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura, something not even Almalexia and Sotha Sil never come close to doing even at the height of their power.
    Yeah I read that too on the TES wiki.

"Eventually, the Nerevarine successfully severed the divine connection and released the heart. Vivec's divine power no longer exists. Vivec plans to use this to reorganize the Temple, and consolidate the different factions of the Temple."

So I'm pretty sure that he either left Morrowind or is still there or something.

So I started playing Skyrim again a little while back and I was curious, does anyone know of any particularly good creature/animal retexture packs or 2048~4096 texture packs worth recommending for them?

I've got most everything else looking as nice as I can, but any notable mods to pick up would be interesting:

The bear in this one looks ~ok~, but it's the kind of thing I'd like to have improved further:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I read that too on the TES wiki.

"Eventually, the Nerevarine successfully severed the divine connection and released the heart. Vivec's divine power no longer exists. Vivec plans to use this to reorganize the Temple, and consolidate the different factions of the Temple."

So I'm pretty sure that he either left Morrowind or is still there or something.
    It would be great if they re-godded him though in TES 6 or even some DLC. After all it wouldn't be too improbable or impossible, him missing hes powers or wanting to help hes people after the disaster and an age spent as a god (with all the knowledge he got from it) should make it at least possible. Plus he wasn't that all powerful to begin with, just on the same level or maybe a notch above the usual TES more famous characters like the playable prisoners. Talos, king of worms etc. and definitely weaker than the daedric princes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    So I started playing Skyrim again a little while back and I was curious, does anyone know of any particularly good creature/animal retexture packs or 2048~4096 texture packs worth recommending for them?
    Bellyache's Animal and Creature Pack comes to mind: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3621
    If you install with NMM you can customize just about everything, letting you choose between a number of textures. Bellyache also did a really good HD Dragon Texture/Mesh Replacer: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29631

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, he's still powerful. Just because you have cheat codes to the universe doesn't mean you want to use them all the time. Because they have achieved CHIM, Talos and Vivec are at a level where they can reshape reality as they see fit with the same effort as thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Bellyache's Animal and Creature Pack comes to mind: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3621
    If you install with NMM you can customize just about everything, letting you choose between a number of textures. Bellyache also did a really good HD Dragon Texture/Mesh Replacer: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29631
    Awesome, not sure why I couldn't find the Animal and Creature Pack first time around, it's exactly what I was looking for though, thanks.

Good mod that I'm guessing most PC players have already heard about: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...43&searchtext=

Also, I've been wondering, why is it so rare to actually see Daedric princes? I mean, we're doing their bidding all the friggin' time and even head over to their hood from time to time.

On a similar note, why don't the Aedra give us tasks? A quest like: Peryite's plague is almost ready to be spread, Kynareth would like you to wipe out his cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Yeah I always ask myself too why the Aedra never give us tasks like the Daedra do.

You know maybe Kynareth wants us to do something directly or the other divines like Akatosh or Mara (we do quests for Mara in Skyrim but not directly for her).

That would be amazing to have Daedra style quests with the Aedra too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Aedra don't really interfere in the lives of mortals. Akatosh can be seen as an exception, heck its possible that the dragonborn is an avatar of Akatosh. We all remember the end of the main quest in oblivion where he used the last Septim to drink Dagon under the table.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Is there any way to clean up a saved game or just import things like name, skills and completed quests? I think I messed it up with modding again (damn Skyre:P) unless I'm imagining it and drawing a weapon doesnt cause you to walk slowed cause Im pretty sure it did. I tried to uninstall all mods, and wait for 31 days already. Didn't really work.

Also, is there a console command to remove stuff from crafting lists? I don't know what mod gave me the craft Harkon's sword option and finally, is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.

Skyrim is amazing! Wish it kept my attention longer than a month though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there any way to clean up a saved game or just import things like name, skills and completed quests? I think I messed it up with modding again (damn Skyre:P) unless I'm imagining it and drawing a weapon doesnt cause you to walk slowed cause Im pretty sure it did. I tried to uninstall all mods, and wait for 31 days already. Didn't really work.
    This is a sad thing every mod user must deal with. Here is the cold, cruel fact:

Bethesda does not recommend removing mods from saved games. As I mentioned before, scripted mods tend to embed themselves heavily into savegames, and there is no way to "get rid" of references to mods even after you remove them. Will this always cause problems? Not every time, but I'd say half the time. Too many mods and you up the chance that a missing references will cause all kinds of issues. The best way, and the most worry-free way to deal with mods, is to start a new game everytime you install and remove mods. Ideally, you should use one and only one set of unchanging mods for each character save that you have.

Btw, slower movement while weapon is drawn is in the original game. There is a loading screen tooltip for that too.

Also, is there a console command to remove stuff from crafting lists? I don't know what mod gave me the craft Harkon's sword option and finally, is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.
    I decided to remove Immersive Armor and Weapons even though I love them, because my crafting lists is ridiculously cluttered and I just glaze over the list to craft vanilla items anyway. In other words, no I don't know of a way. :P

Have you tried disable/enable after you resurrect?

Deleted
    Is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.
    Skyre has a resurrect spell in restoration
    Can only res each person once per day though.

Riding from high up in the mountains down towards Whiterun with the LOTR song that plays on the scene of them heading to Rohan = perfection.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is a sad thing every mod user must deal with. Here is the cold, cruel fact:

Bethesda does not recommend removing mods from saved games. As I mentioned before, scripted mods tend to embed themselves heavily into savegames, and there is no way to "get rid" of references to mods even after you remove them. Will this always cause problems? Not every time, but I'd say half the time. Too many mods and you up the chance that a missing references will cause all kinds of issues. The best way, and the most worry-free way to deal with mods, is to start a new game everytime you install and remove mods. Ideally, you should use one and only one set of unchanging mods for each character save that you have.

Btw, slower movement while weapon is drawn is in the original game. There is a loading screen tooltip for that too.

I decided to remove Immersive Armor and Weapons even though I love them, because my crafting lists is ridiculously cluttered and I just glaze over the list to craft vanilla items anyway. In other words, no I don't know of a way. :P

Have you tried disable/enable after you resurrect?
    Even when updating? But to be honest, it's not even that. Skyre just causes these problems every once and a while. Maybe it's incompatible with another mod, even though I don't use anything else that changes move speeds other than realistic needs. Usually they are fixed when I take off the combat module, load the save, re-save it and then enable it again. I think I just have to use console on a new save then. Losing items isn't much of a problem but it's sort of my "RP" and "dead is dead" save (havent died:P) so it took a really really long time to do all those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Skyre has a resurrect spell in restoration
    Can only res each person once per day though.
    Doesn't work if I don't have the spell and have almost no skill in restoration:P Besides, the corpses are gone.. they were the stable keeper and hes son in Whiterun and the old lady who goes there and talks about good deeds of the day. They all got killed during a vampire attack by the dogs. Actually that's one of my biggest issues with Skyrim, named NPCs die too easily and aren't replaced. Horses, people, peasants etc. should just run away instead of going to rush into fights with dragons, vampires and bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?
    Why not? Capturing people/animal souls probably isn't but buying normal soul gems should be fine and also probably capturing daedra souls(they are immortal anyway so you just make them serve for a while till the item lasts). Besides, Azura is considered good and her artifact is a soul gem.

I believe that as long as you aren't using a black soulstone you're in character for your pally. The twisted part about your story is that 1. the target is humanoid (man or mer) and 2. he is a child. If you don't have a black soulstone then you can't absorb a humanoid soul and,by extension, a child's soul either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a problem as long as you aren't using black soul gems. You are going to have to kill creatures, and you might as well use them to spread the light, so to speak.

So it's really a matter on whether your paladin is a friend to all living things or just mankind.

MY paladin still has 5 enchanting.