Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kael'thas solo as shadow ? possible ?

Hi guys, i would like to know if you think its possible, for a shadow priest to solo Kael'thas, and if so wich weapon should i use?
    I only have 2 90 class atm, a spriest and a enh shamy, but i would like to try it on my priest, any tips ? ( i just solo BT thou so i taugh kael would be doable)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...delae/advanced

It shouldn't matter which weapon you use. As long as you have no other entity out when kal starts mind controlling.

Deleted
    It's easy to solo him as shadow priest if you get the staff and activate it to be immune to disorientation which helps a lot on the 4 mini bosses ( the caster and the engineer if you get hit by his dot bomb) as well as kael'thas since he casts disorientation too , so you won't be affected by it.

Also , you don't have to do all bosses to fight kael'thas . I do it with a hunter friend and we just kill the robot boss but that is awful for casters so try and kill the other caster boss maybe that will allow you to fight kael'thas too.

And like the guy above me said, don't use shadowfiend or mindbender. You can use it once he is in phase 3 tho' ( when he is on the ground after a few seconds to be safe).
    Last edited by mmocb3b54be47d; 2013-01-15 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, and wich of these mini bosses shoudl i focus first, in order :x

ho my i just find something cool thou :O

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6200970091
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-01-15 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Yes it should be pretty easy. I solo him every Week on my S-Priest that has very bad gear. I do equip the Staff and activate the buff. Should be doable without it aswell. I'm also using the Dark Binding Glyph for some extra healing.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Setsura/simple

a guildmate of mine startet to solo him at lvl 85 as shadow, so yeah sould be easy now

You should have little trouble, given how you can dot up the advisors and shield incoming damage. I do it on my lock weekly, and mostly sacrifice my pet (I need to anyway to avoid the mind control), and Thaladred and the rest get kited while dots do their work. It can get a bit hectic if you get a large chain of stuns with all 4 advisors up, but that's the hardest part.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    I would say: Thaladred > Sanguinar > Capernian = Telonicus. Also Fear Ward should be up.

10+ Year Old Account
    good ty yall im gonna try this out as soon as i can !! tkx a lot !
    fear ward up yes for sure and as a undead, i have the remove fear, should i try it with a pvp trinket ( to remove cc) ?

Deleted
    Depends on if you want to equip the Staff or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think i will

Deleted
    I would say you don't need the pvp-trinket then. With the use-effect of the staff you are immune to almost every CC effect in that encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Equip / use the Staff, it's easy.

Having never seen Eye and knowing nothing about it other than location I was able to solo everything pretty easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Equip / use the Staff, it's easy.

Having never seen Eye and knowing nothing about it other than location I was able to solo everything pretty easily.
    woa nice then, i guess i have nothing to fear xD

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It shouldn't matter which weapon you use. As long as you have no other entity out when kal starts mind controlling.
    Are you sure he still does that? I'm 100% positive I had army of the dead up for most of the fight once and still killed him without any trouble. Now I'm using it for p3, because getting CCd for 30+ sec without any DR is not fun so it's not any issue. As priest I'd probably get the disorient immunity buff because of P3, I find the conflagrate most annoying.

i also tend to swap between the staff and the mace to cast a renew on myself to get the 30 sec buff for %50 reduced shadow and fire damage taken. then again, i haven't done it since the end of cata.

I just solo'd Kael'thas on my shadow priest this past weekend (ilvl 491). I didn't use any of the weapons. For the council, my kill priority was Capernian -> Telonicus -> Thaladred -> Sanguinar. I did get disoriented/stunned multiple times, but it didn't matter. I dot'd Capernian and Telonicus, and dropped my shadowfiend on Capernian. She died while I was disoriented. Came out of disorient, refreshed dots on Telonicus, dumped some proc'd Mind Spikes/MBs, and started dotting Thaladred. Got chain-stunned for a bit and had to Desperate Prayer + Devouring Plague to get myself back up when I had a window but dropped the last two without much hassle once Telonicus was dead and his debuffs were gone. One thing I did do was shield myself first thing coming out of a CC so that if I did get juggled I would have some protection. The silence is annoying but nothing that will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    OR you can use the Staff and deal with almost NO CC, LOL.

Why would you not, artificial increase in difficulty?

Deleted
    Been soloing The eye on my priest ever since cata, and started doing it on my enhance shaman in mop too, happened to get the mount 2 months ago tho. You should give alysrazor a solo try too, im doing her weekly too. Easiest with dot classes

EDIT: There shouldnt be need for switching between staff and mace... havent done that ever since cata tbh and my spriest still had blue gear when i was doing the eye with him. Just make sure you dont summon ANY pets / guardians
    Last edited by mmoc53036163fa; 2013-01-15 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    Been soloing The eye on my priest ever since cata, and started doing it on my enhance shaman in mop too, happened to get the mount 2 months ago tho. You should give alysrazor a solo try too, im doing her weekly too. Easiest with dot classes

EDIT: There shouldnt be need for switching between staff and mace... havent done that ever since cata tbh and my spriest still had blue gear when i was doing the eye with him. Just make sure you dont summon ANY pets / guardians
    another thing to had to my agenda :P do you think with my current gear its possible ? ( for allyz ) 476 iL