Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    And what favours HE ammo? >.< Really at a loss.

I ask this because after I upgraded the gun on my T-46 just now, the option to use HE shells popped (automatically set to use 12) and I wondered if I should use them and when?

I guess I would use them for less armoured opponents like light tanks and arties.. Is that right, or?

EDIT:

Also asked it in General and some dude said I should use HE when shooting against heavily armoured tanks (ones I have no chance of piercing) and when someone's capping our base. I think I see the rationale behind the first point, but I just can't seem to get the base capping one.
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-01-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    And what favours HE ammo? >.< Really at a loss.

I ask this because after I upgraded the gun on my T-46 just now, the option to use HE shells popped (automatically set to use 12) and I wondered if I should use them and when?

I guess I would use them for less armoured opponents like light tanks and arties.. Is that right, or?

EDIT:

Also asked it in General and some dude said I should use HE when shooting against heavily armoured tanks (ones I have no chance of piercing) and when someone's capping our base. I think I see the rationale behind the first point, but I just can't seem to get the base capping one.
    SU-152 stock gun comes to mind as one suited for using HE, for example.
    as for your example, you dont need HE ammo because it is too weak for T-46.

A little tip about HE and base capping: 1st - HE always deals damage. 2nd IF HE does NOT penetrate armor, its damage is cut in half, after that the amount of armor penetrated is minused from the other half+-25% of base damage.
    so , as HE always deals damage, it is used to ensure denying base cap.

Deleted
    I see. Thanks!

Is there any measure you use to figure out what suits HE? Is it caliber?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks folks.

One more!

When should you favor HE Shells over Penetrating ones or vice-versa? Not really sure about that >.<.
    You use HE when you aren't sure if you can pen the tank you're shooting at, or if you're using a derp gun (most derp guns don't even give the option of AP ammo.) Like if you have a shot on a tank, but it's the front armor and you know an AP shot will just bounce, blast them with HE. You might not do damage anyway, but it'll give you a much better chance of damaging modules and killing crew than AP will.

I also like to use HE when aiming to track someone since it increases the chance that I'll damage the tracks as well as nearby modules.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I see. Thanks!

mostly, average damage and penetration.
    f.e. E100 has average damage of 950 with HE
    also HE's are very, very useful against french medium and heavy tanks due to paper armor they have

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Thanks!

Usually the difference in damage (usually called "alpha") and penetration. Like, HE rounds for low tier tanks are almost never useful because you're sacrificing a lot of pen to gain only a little damage (like 50/35 versus 60/15 or something), but sometimes it can be worth it on higher tier tanks.

By time you're tier 4-5, you should probably include some HE shells along with your standard AP on everything except arty and derp guns.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

mind that HE guns are very unaccurate so you have to shot close targets because if you miss weak spot (or you did not penetrate) HE shells deals like half damage - armor value (don't quote me on that )

this is how my account looks, im trying to grind tiger 2 but i can only force myself to play like 1 or 2 battles per day now when there is nothing to unlock ;/
    less grind and i would play WoT all day
    click for large
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-15 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Damn, that's one big ass grind :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I'm really not a fan of it, but my brother insists it makes having tier 10's worth it.

I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah. I'm really not a fan of it, but my brother insists it makes having tier 10's worth it.

I'm not so sure...
    trust me, I have IS-4 and IS-7, aswell as E50M and E100. and it is so fething worth it.
    but infact , any tier has worthy to play tanks.

t9 e75 cost 3,480,000c and e100 6,100,000c ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not so sure...
    when game was released grind was somehow justified because they only had 3 limited trees and one t10 branch for nation
    but now? 5 nations (6th underway) multiple t10 branches still same grind
    i most likely wont unlock any t9 tank
    unless they realse new german medium line soon as im willing to buy premium to get lepoard 1

Deleted
    HE shells are -really- meant to be used against tanks with little to no armour, usually SPGs or TDs. They're also handy when normal shells just keep bouncing, as they rely on explosive damage rather than penetrating enemy armour, even when it's at an angle! HE shells -can- do more damage but they need to penentrate to do it, which they usually don't. But if you were to hit an open top tank (Such as various low tier SPGs) with one it hits pretty hard.

As for grinding...well, they have to make their money from the F2P game somehow. If it's really that bad you can get yourself a premium account and a premium tank (Or a tank you get a lot of XP in with elite status)

What does this mean?

When a tank is in elite status, and you are not accelerating crew training, you can convert the excess XP gained into Free XP at the cost of gold!
    Premium account increases the CE and XP earned by a fair margin.
    And a premium tank has much lower repair costs and is automatically elite. Meaning in a premium tank you can gain both Credits and XP like a baws!

I got three free premium tanks, one from New Year's 2012, one from Xmas 2012 (Last month) and one from a give away. All three are excellent at earning me credits and XP to convert even at low levels. More so when the crew is maxed out and I'm against people playing in T1-3 tanks with crews usually around 50-60% skill as opposed to 100% with perks! The Xmas Tank for example can reload stupidly fast for me, whereas other users take a while to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    HE shells are -really- meant to be used against tanks with little to no armour, usually SPGs or TDs. They're also handy when normal shells just keep bouncing, as they rely on explosive damage rather than penetrating enemy armour, even when it's at an angle! HE shells -can- do more damage but they need to penentrate to do it, which they usually don't. But if you were to hit an open top tank (Such as various low tier SPGs) with one it hits pretty hard.

As for grinding...well, they have to make their money from the F2P game somehow. If it's really that bad you can get yourself a premium account and a premium tank (Or a tank you get a lot of XP in with elite status)

What does this mean?

When a tank is in elite status, and you are not accelerating crew training, you can convert the excess XP gained into Free XP at the cost of gold!
    Premium account increases the CE and XP earned by a fair margin.
    And a premium tank has much lower repair costs and is automatically elite. Meaning in a premium tank you can gain both Credits and XP like a baws!

I got three free premium tanks, one from New Year's 2012, one from Xmas 2012 (Last month) and one from a give away. All three are excellent at earning me credits and XP to convert even at low levels. More so when the crew is maxed out and I'm against people playing in T1-3 tanks with crews usually around 50-60% skill as opposed to 100% with perks! The Xmas Tank for example can reload stupidly fast for me, whereas other users take a while to do so.
    I still love my elite PzII. I'm pretty sure it's the best t1-t2 and it's still very strong in t3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    As for grinding...well, they have to make their money from the F2P game somehow. If it's really that bad you can get yourself a premium account and a premium tank
    I totally understand that but still it takes too much time to play past t7/8 without premium basically forcing you to buy it
    i would prefere buy box model tbh
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-15 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Just had some guy calling me an aimbot in a match :P.

http://youtu.be/3jK4BKOd5mc

Deleted
    Ha, didn't even know you could use aimbots in WoT...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even need one? Just blasting at a tank is a great way to get yourself killed. Gotta aim for the weak points and that takes precision

geez im so fucking tired of this grind im going to sell half of my garage so i can afford tiger 2 ~~

Anyone try out the new chink tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    geez im so fucking tired of this grind im going to sell half of my garage so i can afford tiger 2 ~~
    I've thought about doing this to buy my Panther II. I know if I do this I'll end up regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Anyone try out the new chink tanks?

I've thought about doing this to buy my Panther II. I know if I do this I'll end up regretting it.
    yeah but panther 1 is decent tank compared to pice of shit tiger(h) and tiger 2 is an amazing machine

i have tried chinese on 8.2 test server they seemed like more agile and less accurate soviet tanks no idea what was changed between 8.2 and 8.3

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:39 AM ----------

awesome
    10 games and i already lost 40k....
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-17 at 11:44 PM.