Deleted
    im sensing, "DONT BREAK CC WITH AOE FFS" aimed at me now. Reminds me of icc <3

could be a nice AoE buff, depends how much DS gets boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Can anyone help with my previous question?
    Heroic Jasper

Deleted
    It would be a minor AoE buff as i see it, seeing as the change says:

•The Retribution 4pc set bonus has changed. It now has a chance for Hammer of the Righteous or Crusader Strike to cause your next Divine Storm to cause extra damage to your target. The idea being that you might swap from TV to DS when you get the proc, so that the RNG is something you can actually do something with rather than it just being RNG for extra damage.

notice the "extra damage to your target". So it would only buff the dmg done to 1 mob not everything that DS hits. Hmmm, this really is a mess.

Take Protectors for example(Yes, it will not be current content, but the mechanic still applies) 3 mobs are alive, they are clumped up, but any dmg done to 2&3 is lost as they regain 100% Health when 1 does. This completely negates our 4p because of AoE diminishing returns or atleast counters it.
    The question is how much +damage would DS do in this situation where it would hit 3 targets but the dmg we care about is only 1 of them?

Has the first post been updated yet regarding the neck?

I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=87036 atm, I'm guessing the garalon hc neck is better?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Heroic Jasper
    ...really? I'm losing a lot of Haste. Hmm... ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Set bonuses sound too good to be true especially with all the double-triple dipness. We all know Blizz and their stance on those kinda things from the past
    And there you have it...

Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    Has the first post been updated yet regarding the neck?

I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=87036 atm, I'm guessing the garalon hc neck is better?
    Use garalon neck

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I'm actually using ( was using since now I have heroic ) N Impaling over H Jasper Fiddle.
    wrong

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Use garalon neck

wrong
    Not even sure why you answer these questions. When all they need to do is sim scale factors and figure out how they would reforge to find the answer. Especially since the answer isn't as cut and dry as right or wrong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, discussions on this new tier 15 4 piece change?

Curious as to how much dmg it will be increased by...

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...15-Set-Bonuses
    Short answer, it is definetely weaker then the current T14 bonus, more so with the nerf from TV to DS.

With the numbers they're talking about, it would need to have at LEAST a 60% proc rate and that's only bringing us basically up to par with others on set bonuses on single target. It's much worse in an AOE situation, so balancing that out, it would have to be at least 75% proc chance, which sounds ridiculous if you ask me.

Without sounds like too much of an idiot, where would I need to go to sim my stats? I'm getting close to that 9k haste point, and wanted to see exactly when I need to start gemming str. And I'm also trying to figure out which weapon to use, the fully upgraded LFR Shin'ka with the gem (not the extra slot yet) or fully upgraded Starshatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    Without sounds like too much of an idiot, where would I need to go to sim my stats? I'm getting close to that 9k haste point, and wanted to see exactly when I need to start gemming str. And I'm also trying to figure out which weapon to use, the fully upgraded LFR Shin'ka with the gem (not the extra slot yet) or fully upgraded Starshatter.
    Heroic Starshatter until you get the extra gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Heroic Starshatter until you get the extra gem.
    It's just normal for now, although from what I've heard, Elegon ain't too much different on Heroic, seeing as my group's able to 1 shot him now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    It's just normal for now, although from what I've heard, Elegon ain't too much different on Heroic, seeing as my group's able to 1 shot him now. Thanks.
    Ohh you said LFR Shin'ka. normal Starshatter then.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the numbers they're talking about, it would need to have at LEAST a 60% proc rate and that's only bringing us basically up to par with others on set bonuses on single target. It's much worse in an AOE situation, so balancing that out, it would have to be at least 75% proc chance, which sounds ridiculous if you ask me.
    I mean in terms of the "bonus damage", or whatever it is. I heard its some lightning bolt or something similar?

I mean in terms of the "bonus damage", or whatever it is. I heard its some lightning bolt or something similar?
    Yeah it's a lightning bolt that does nature damage and apparently it'll be close to a full Templar's Verdict of damage, but even so, the proc rate needs to be a ridiculous number for that to be the case. I highly doubt they're sticking with this iteration.

Deleted
    Yeah it's a lightning bolt that does nature damage and apparently it'll be close to a full Templar's Verdict of damage, but even so, the proc rate needs to be a ridiculous number for that to be the case. I highly doubt they're sticking with this iteration.
    So you'll be "forced" to use an AoE finisher even in single target situations. I thought they were done with this from the change WotLK -> Cataclysm.

Updates to T15 4set bonus today further prooves that blizzard has no real answer for where they want retribution paladins (or warriors if you read between the lines) to be in the world of dps. T15 4set suggests that they want to make Divine Storm (and whirlwind for warriors) a core ability again much like they were in WotLK, still think the current bonus is very clunky thought up though...

Crusader strike can proc a buff to divine storm making divine storm act like a TV + DS combined, so in AoE situations you would think that crusader strike is going to be better for dps. But then again Hammer of the Righteouss hits so many and with the exorcism T15 2set it might be worth using instead. Blizzard said they wanted retribution to be the single target turret (pretty much) like arcane mages are, but theese set bonuses is going to change so much for rets. From stat priorities -> single target rotation -> aoe rotation -> buff uptime management.

How can they possibly imagine that any "average" player is going to deal with all this? Afterall it's the masses they have to balance a lot around, not the top 2%.

I'm worried.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    So you'll be "forced" to use an AoE finisher even in single target situations. I thought they were done with this from the change WotLK -> Cataclysm.
    As the T15 4set reads now:
    Proc 4set bonus = a templars verdict + divine storm in one gcd. Not clear how (if) our mastery will interact with this, if they change the proc "lightning bolt" to a "holy bolt" so it takes bonuses from 2set T15 and Inquisition it's looking alot better, which I honestly think is a logical way to go.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!