Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how will this Pc run?

Not looking at what's good or bad, or what i should have gotten. just looking for what this computer will run for FPS and on what settings on World of Warcraft, and Diablo 3. NO FLAMING PLEASE!!!

1 x Case NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case - Black
    1 x Processor AMD FX-8150 CPU (8x 3.60GHz/8MB L2 Cache) - FREE Upgrade to FX-8350 8-Core CPU
    1 x Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan
    1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
    Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)
    1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 -- AMD 970
    1 x Power Supply 850 Watt - AZZA Dynamo 850W
    1 x Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    1 x Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

7770 Crossfire is kind of silly, get 1 powerful card instead.
    Not sure what you are going to use the computer for but if you are mostly into gaming an Intel build would be better.
    850W is overkill, even with a power hungry FX-8350.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    7770 Crossfire is kind of silly, get 1 powerful card instead.
    Not sure what you are going to use the computer for but if you are mostly into gaming an Intel build would be better.
    850W is overkill, even with a power hungry FX-8350.

Wasn't looking for the get this over that kind of crap. just how it will run. i've made my mind up with the build, i just wanna know what kind of frames i'll get thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason people point that stuff out , is because you can get better frames (Which you seem to obviously care about) for less.

If you haven't bought the system already, don't. Unless you are literally being given it for free, or like... $200.

That said, probably about 40-50fps depending on settings.

EDIT: Actually probably a bit better, since its dual. But thats a lot of heat/power.

Quote Originally Posted by omg40000 View Post
    Wasn't looking for the get this over that kind of crap. just how it will run. i've made my mind up with the build, i just wanna know what kind of frames i'll get thanks
    Well I guess it is a bad thing to not wanting people wasting money, oh well.

There is no way anyone can say what kind of FPS you would get with that machine without knowing what settings and resolution you will be running at.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    constructive criticism is not flaming

and, yes, you will be much better of with a single card if you are going to stick with AMD, ask around, there are tons of issues with Crossfire compared to SLI

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The reason people point that stuff out , is because you can get better frames (Which you seem to obviously care about) for less.

If you haven't bought the system already, don't. Unless you are literally being given it for free, or like... $200.

That said, probably about 40-50fps depending on settings.

EDIT: Actually probably a bit better, since its dual. But thats a lot of heat/power.
    Yes the system had already been bought and will be shipped in 2 days on the 17th, hence why i put the this over that thing. the CPU will also have liquid colling, and the case has large fans all around it, so it shouldn't be too bad of a build honestly. Yes I know something like a 560 TI would run better, however I bought what was available at the time. and honestly, anything will be very good over what I have now... in heroics, i run around 15-25 fps on LOW settings.... lol.

Yes the system had already been bought and will be shipped in 2 days on the 17th, hence why i put the this over that thing. the CPU will also have liquid colling, and the case has large fans all around it, so it shouldn't be too bad of a build honestly. Yes I know something like a 560 TI would run better, however I bought what was available at the time. and honestly, anything will be very good over what I have now... in heroics, i run around 15-25 fps on LOW settings.... lol.
    Why do you order something you have no idea of how it will perform?
    As I said in my earlier post we need to know what settings you are going to use at what resolution to be able to estimate what kind of performance you are looking at.

10+ Year Old Account
    it will run much better than that, depending on the resolution of your monitor, you will be able to turn the graphics up to ultra, just dont go very high on the multisampling, keep shadows at medium or high, and put SSAO on low

10+ Year Old Account
    so it shouldn't be too bad of a build honestly. Yes I know something like a 560 TI would run better,
    It's not a bad build, it's just 'eh' at best for the price. You made a previous thread and were advised to look into a better system build. Just because something is 'better' isn't really a good excuse to waste money/settle for less performance.
    however I bought what was available at the time
    Well, IBuyPower does have a pretty slim selection of upgrades. >.>

my thread

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Why do you order something you have no idea of how it will perform?
    As I said in my earlier post we need to know what settings you are going to use at what resolution to be able to estimate what kind of performance you are looking at.
    sorry. I will be running 2 moniters at 1440x900 resolution each. 19 inch LCD's.

sorry. I will be running 2 moniters at 1440x900 resolution each. 19 inch LCD's.
    With such a low resolution I think you should be able to push full ultra except for shadows. Your CPU will be the limiting factor in raids though.
    Should be 60FPS steady in most other situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad build, it's just 'eh' at best for the price. You made a previous thread and were advised to look into a better system build. Just because something is 'better' isn't really a good excuse to waste money/settle for less performance.

Well, IBuyPower does have a pretty slim selection of upgrades. >.>
    Was that sarcasm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Was that sarcasm?
    Why do you think that?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It was sarcasm, because IBuyPower has a massive selection, including better options that... dual 7770's. So saying "I bought what was available at the time" simply means "I didn't know what I was buying at the time". Regardless, offtopic.

It was sarcasm, because IBuyPower has a massive selection, including better options that... dual 7770's. So saying "I bought what was available at the time" simply means "I didn't know what I was buying at the time". Regardless, offtopic.
    no, it means that I bought the best that my budget could afford. my budget was $1000 and if I had upgraded to say a 560 TI it would have been 1050ish. add shipping and it woulda been way too much.

Deleted
    Actually you didn't mention you already bought this system in the OP so of course people are going to ask about it since there are better choices out there. Usually people come asking for advice about performance etc. BEFORE they buy stuff but of course you're entitled to do whatever you want. When you come asking here you should always be ready for (constructive) criticism.

The PSU is questionable even though Superflower is behind it, not certified but hopefully it'll be fine. I realize you can't change the build now, just pointing out why it's important to ask before buying. GPU/CPU is gonna fine especially with your resolution, kinda weird to see two 1GB cards in CF though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the title and just thought "with electricity"

On a more serious note, there's a few things that suggest overclock to me but you haven't specified that. That'll obviously make a huge difference to FPS if you are...

So are you planning to overclock it at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, IBuyPower has an identical system with an i3-3220 (Which is as good as the FX-8350), and a 660ti video card, for the same price.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... an i3-3220 (Which is as good as the FX-8350)
    sure, in a single threaded application, but in that same scenario, an i3 is as good as an i7-3960x or E5-2687

otherwise, the fx-8350 is a much better chip than the i3