Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is there any way to ban wintraders?

Hey guys, I searched the forums but I didn't find an answer to my question. I am a player who only does rbg, I've never found arenas enjoying. And I feel like my world (rbg) is dying because of wintraders. Is there any way that I can report a player for Wintrading? Most cases are quite obvious. ex: a guy goes from 1.8 to 2.6 in one night. Would a ticket result in a ban? Or would I just be wasting my time?

Thank you. =)

Deleted
    There have been ban waves before. When it is obvious, one day they will kick out everyone, happened before, will happen again

Deleted
    I do hope there will be a banwave so Blizzard can make their costumers happy but something tells me they will only get banned for 3 hours. Back in TBC, if you got caught, you would get permanent banned, wonder why they are so afraid of banning people now?

Sending a ticket wont do much. Here look at me, i got 1000 reports and got a 3h ban after three months. THREE months.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-14 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I do hope there will be a banwave so Blizzard can make their costumers happy but something tells me they will only get banned for 3 hours. Back in TBC, if you got caught, you would get permanent banned, wonder why they are so afraid of banning people now?

Sending a ticket wont do much. Here look at me, i got 1000 reports and got a 3h ban after three months. THREE months.
    money and activision. in vanilla you got free gametime when servers where down for a long period pf time.(even if you didn't try to log in). but a few weeks back eu servers where down for almost the whole day for most people in eu. yet they didn't bother with giving us a free day.

Deleted
    From my own experience Blizzard does not care about RBG alot. I qued against multiple wintrade teams who just left the bg and reported them countless times. I even saw livestreams on twitch of people wintrading to rank1 (Bailamos might ring a bell for some of you) and it's just annoying. I want to play some competetive RBGs against good teams and easy wins aren't fun for me imo. If i want to destroy people and have some easy wins i do random bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    money and activision. in vanilla you got free gametime when servers where down for a long period pf time.(even if you didn't try to log in). but a few weeks back eu servers where down for almost the whole day for most people in eu. yet they didn't bother with giving us a free day.
    Yeah they were pretty good back in those days. Break one rule and you got your butt kicked within one hour.

Make a ticket and GMs would show up and have fun with you.

Tons of free migrates.

Free game time for people that had their servers messed up.

The only negative thing i found back in the days were that Blizzard didnt care about fixing dead factions. Atleast not in my server but they did offer us free migrates from it but that didnt solve one single problem.

Its just a waste of time trying to get someone banned. I got an account where i tried to get myself banned but after months of doing stuffs i got a 3 hours ban. I made a ticket insulting it but they said that they reviewed the ban and said i had to live with it. So i gave up and froze the account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Yeah they were pretty good back in those days. Break one rule and you got your butt kicked within one hour.

Make a ticket and GMs would show up and have fun with you.

Tons of free migrates.

Free game time for people that had their servers messed up.

The only negative thing i found back in the days were that Blizzard didnt care about fixing dead factions. Atleast not in my server but they did offer us free migrates from it but that didnt solve one single problem.

Its just a waste of time trying to get someone banned. I got an account where i tried to get myself banned but after months of doing stuffs i got a 3 hours ban. I made a ticket insulting it but they said that they reviewed the ban and said i had to live with it. So i gave up and froze the account.
    Was that the ticket you send where you said something along the likes of botting for months and you got that copy/paste reply?

Making a ticket is going to take less time then it did to create this thread. Why not make one and move on? They do ban win traders it has happened every season since RBGs came out and before that when it was only arena win trading going on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Ok I got to ask and do not mean to derail this thread if it dose.

What rule dose win trading break?

And if you can be banned for Win trading why can you not be banned for being level 90 and camping low levels for hrs on end.
    blues have even came out and said this is part of the game. So isn't win trading part of the game as well.

It just don't make since to me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been banned for win trading, 3 hour temp ban.
    Didn't get anything removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Was that the ticket you send where you said something along the likes of botting for months and you got that copy/paste reply?
    Yep. It looks like a copy/paste but if you look closer you can see that they said that they reviewed the ban and found it fair.

what is win trading?
    if you join an rbg or arena and the other players leave? how is that win trading.
    isnt it just them leaving and you get points. i dont see how the people leaving gets anything in return

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    what is win trading?
    if you join an rbg or arena and the other players leave? how is that win trading.
    isnt it just them leaving and you get points. i dont see how the people leaving gets anything in return
    It's when you ensure you're queueing against these types of teams consistently. As in one side queues with the intent of instantly leaving and the other side queues with strictly the intent of getting free points/rating. As in no one actually queues for playing the bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's when you ensure you're queueing against these types of teams consistently. As in one side queues with the intent of instantly leaving and the other side queues with strictly the intent of getting free points/rating. As in no one actually queues for playing the bg.
    Syncing Q's to group together "Cause that is what there doing" Should not be a ban offence.

It dose not break the rules it is just timing a botton push. Now if in some where they are cheating by doing things so no other player can connect or w/e but the team they want I can see that being banable.

Hell players synced Q's all the time in guild wars so they could play with guildmates/friends in the single Q arena's.

It dose suck but a simple fix to this would be make it where the rewards for RBG is a lot less then what it is now.

As I said if you can be banned for syncing button push's to Q together then why can't you be banned for camping a way low level toon or low level zone for hrs on end.

"To be clear I don't do any of this nore do a even play wow anymore at this time"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Wasting your time. Blizzard will do something but like always it won't be until the streets have run red with blood. They're about as proactive with this sort of thing as a turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Syncing Q's to group together "Cause that is what there doing" Should not be a ban offence.

It dose not break the rules it is just timing a botton push. Now if in some where they are cheating by doing things so no other player can connect or w/e but the team they want I can see that being banable.

Hell players synced Q's all the time in guild wars so they could play with guildmates/friends in the single Q arena's.

It dose suck but a simple fix to this would be make it where the rewards for RBG is a lot less then what it is now.

As I said if you can be banned for syncing button push's to Q together then why can't you be banned for camping a way low level toon or low level zone for hrs on end.

"To be clear I don't do any of this nore do a even play wow anymore at this time"

Win trading is nothing like being killed by somebody else on a pvp server. If you choose to play on a pvp server or on another one and are flagged then be ready to fight if you cannot defend yourself, it is time to figure it out. Win trading allows ppl to exploit their way to higher CP caps then more gear, higher rated gear at 2200 and possibly titles and achievements. None of those things should be happening you should have to fight other ppl to climb your way to the top if you are able.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Win trading is nothing like being killed by somebody else on a pvp server. If you choose to play on a pvp server or on another one and are flagged then be ready to fight if you cannot defend yourself, it is time to figure it out. Win trading allows ppl to exploit their way to higher CP caps then more gear, higher rated gear at 2200 and possibly titles and achievements. None of those things should be happening you should have to fight other ppl to climb your way to the top if you are able.
    I agree that people should have to climb to get to the top.

But if all this is is 2 groups syncing Q's then that is not exploiting "in my book and in tons of other mmo's or even console games"

Is it right no but its not breaking rules ether.

Kinda why I feel blizzard makes up rules as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I agree that people should have to climb to get to the top.

But if all this is is 2 groups syncing Q's then that is not exploiting "in my book and in tons of other mmo's or even console games"

Is it right no but its not breaking rules ether.

Kinda why I feel blizzard makes up rules as they go along.
    You sure it's not against the rules, how is it different to buying gold? Unless that is I've misunderstood the concept and people do this for free.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-01-16 at 11:30 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    You sure it's not against the rules, how is it different to buying gold? Unless that is I've misread the situation and people do this for free.
    It is in WoW and has been since arena came out in BC. What they may or may not do in other games doesn't matter, Blizzard doesn't want it to happen and when it does they do something about it, even if it takes a while.

Deleted
    There are teams reset and banned/suspended weekly for both RBGs and Arena's, there's been multiple issues with poeple claiming money back in certain sites directly linked to this issue, i know this because a certain Twitch streamer was boosting a few teams all of which had there rating reset in the reset of the week.