Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    Let me save you the time of the next few posts.

I'm going to tell you that I'm not joking
    You and your friend who copypasted wikipedia stats are going to make some sort of argument
    I'm going to explain to you both how they got their statistics through DoubleClick
    Since neither of you know what DoubleClick is or how it works I'm going to be forced to explain it to you
    They get their stats based on the computer not the user
    Meaning anyone could be using the family computer to go to reddit
    This means that their "Demographic" is an Estimate at very best.
    My source is based on the user not the computer

I just saved you a solid 30 minutes and also taught you something new, without making you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I guess I'm glad I went with actual statistics from reddit rather than an unrelated companie's "estimate".

You should really check your sources before posting. It will make your information more credible.
    You realize that Reddit's statistics don't majorly conflict with the statistics I posted, right? The only conflict is that the age demographic is estimated to be lower, but certainly not the 'introvert bloggers and children' you said. As for you saying that they refer to themselves as 'forever alone' that is a longstanding joke and is included as the label in the statistics. There is no option for single without it saying 'forever alone'. You tried to play the community of Reddit off as a bunch of people who have emotional issues and have never had nor will ever have a girlfriend. In the US, about 1/3 to 1/2 of people are single, depending on who you ask.

Don't call me out on using a poor source when you misrepresent your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Credit is virtual and isn't actual negative to your money until you pay it. Just because you make a charge to your card doesn't mean you have to pay it right away. Eventually you will lose money but a simple charge doesn't lose you money. However you illustrate the point perfectly. Wouldn't release documents that are normally charged for drive someone else into debt and poverty?

This is why it is still stealing to take virtual goods that are not yours. Just as it is stealing to take virtual credit. Eventually someone loses something with virtual goods.
    There is where you lose the argument.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-01-16 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You realize that Reddit's statistics don't majorly conflict with the statistics I posted, right? The only conflict is that the age demographic is estimated to be lower, but certainly not the 'introvert bloggers and children' you said. As for you saying that they refer to themselves as 'forever alone' that is a longstanding joke and is included as the label in the statistics. There is no option for single without it saying 'forever alone'. You tried to play the community of Reddit off as a bunch of people who have emotional issues and have never had nor will ever have a girlfriend. In the US, about 1/3 to 1/2 of people are single, depending on who you ask.

Don't call me out on using a poor source when you misrepresent your own.
    I'm just saying your statistics hold absolutely zero ground, where as mine do.

Which is a Fact.

The highest categories still fall into single people who call themselves "forever alones" and half of which aren't even old enough to enter a bar in the united states. I'm not sure what you are even trying to argue at this point, but if you want to copypaste some more wikipedia without even looking at the information you're trying to back up, feel free to do so.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2013-01-16 at 08:48 AM.

I'm just saying your statistics hold absolutely zero ground, where as mine do.

Which is a Fact.

The highest categories still fall into single people who call themselves "forever alones" and most of which aren't even old enough to enter a bar in the united states. I'm not sure what you are even trying to argue at this point.
    Was there an option for 'single' without the 'forever alone'? No? Then don't claim they call themselves that. It's a joke which you are taking to be an actual representation of them.

How did you turn less than half into most?

There is no clear age specified in 18-24. I used your strategy of assuming something without researching it properly.

It worked for me about as good as it worked for you. Ironic.

There is no clear age specified in 18-24. I used your logic of assuming something without researching it properly.

It worked for me about as good as it worked for you. Ironic.
    The only thing ironic about it is that somebody who says to do more research on things before posting didn't do any. I don't see why you would expect something that you perceived to be the same as what I did would work differently.

You are presenting unrelated copypastes from wikipedia that hold no ground, yet you jump all over me when I call them the very thing that they call themselves?

I'll ask you again. Please stop strengthening my initial statement.

"I don't see why you would expect something that you perceived to be the same as what I did would work differently. "
    I guess I didn't do the exact same thing you did. I made an assumption based on stats. You however just were caught trying to push someone else's information that you didn't even read.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2013-01-16 at 09:04 AM.

You are presenting unrelated copypastes from wikipedia that hold no ground, yet you jump all over me when I call them the very thing that they call themselves?

I'll ask you again. Please stop strengthening my initial statement.

I guess I didn't do the exact same thing you did. I made an assumption based on stats. You however just were caught trying to push someone else's information that you didn't even read.
    So basically, you're sticking by an assertion that is not supported by or even contradicted by the statistics that you claim to use?
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-01-16 at 09:11 AM.

So basically, you're sticking by an assertion that is contradicted by the statistics that you claim to use?
    I'm sticking to the fact that my information is a lot more credible than yours. I've already proven that you had no idea what your information was even about. The survey will tell you that Reddit is most commonly used by single male young people rather than the 24-34 you pulled out of the toilet.

Was there an option for 'single' without the 'forever alone'? No? Then don't claim they call themselves that. It's a joke which you are taking to be an actual representation of them.

How did you turn less than half into most?
    If a given a survey with no available answers that accurately reflect how you feel about yourself, are you going to answer that survey? I'm sure there are polls on MMOC that you don't bother to answer because the questions are poorly phrased or the answers aren't well-thought out.
    That is probably the case with the redditor survey, though I admit I'm making an assumption.