Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ive seen people pretty much let their dog tongue them. So nasty. I know people can be obsessive with pets, but thats just nasty.

Being a real man, I can honestly say that I have no problem if a dog jumps up and licks my face. Maybe it's just the hard-bodied, alpha male, cowboy inside of me, but that sort of thing has never bothered me. I played full contact football in the dirt as a kid and swam in ponds with my friends, because we lived in the country and that's what all the farm boys did.

But then again, that was back before germs existed.

I have a 95 LB boxer, and he is a lover for sure. These people saying dogs lick their buttholes and eat shit must have dumb dogs lol... My dog NEVER once has licked his butthole, and has never came close to eating shit either. Maybe its because I regularly bathe him, but yea, he dosen't do any of that lol.

The whole thing about a dog having a cleaner mouth than a human or vice versa is rather silly. There are a bunch of good reasons that licking your wounds is an instinctive response. Saliva from other animals, however, might contain bacteria that is harmful to you. Don't know about dogs specifically, though.

if you're really a pet lover.. you wouldn't mind those things..

Deleted
    I taught mine from early on not to intensively lick me, no matter how much of a greeting/sign of affection it is. Of course I don't mind if he manages to get a lick in when I come home and he greets me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mure View Post
    I have a 95 LB boxer, and he is a lover for sure. These people saying dogs lick their buttholes and eat shit must have dumb dogs lol... My dog NEVER once has licked his butthole, and has never came close to eating shit either. Maybe its because I regularly bathe him, but yea, he dosen't do any of that lol.
    I don't doubt the eating shit part, since that varies quite a bit, but I don't believe for a second that your dog NEVER has licked his arse (or junk for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    LOL exactly. "Ohmygawd can't let my beloved dog lick my face, but I'll let this random chick I just met [NSFW...orANYTHING..MYEYESSSSSS]"
    i doubt random chicks lick their butts and dirty hands and feet and wherever else. lick your face? sure. definitely not my lips. i don't really care how you try to paint it as dogs mouths being a lysol wipe with disinfectant and anti-bacteria and way cleaner ness than a humans.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    i doubt random chicks lick their butts and dirty hands and feet and wherever else. lick your face? sure. definitely not my lips. i don't really care how you try to paint it as dogs mouths being a lysol wipe with disinfectant and anti-bacteria and way cleaner ness than a humans.
    I doubt some random dog is going to give me herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Okay I'll give you that...but if I had the choice of having my dog lick my face versus someone like, say, Paris Hilton, I guarantee you that my face would be more sanitary after the dog, even if she had just finished an hour long poop-eating session.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Oh snap! Nice comeback, never thought it this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    That moustache is awesome ^

On topic: I just don't see a problem with it, I've had pets all my life (the past 29 years) and I've always been the cuddly, snuggly type with them. They love it!
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This is probably the best response in this thread.

I never let my dog lick my face just because I know he's eaten poop from time to time. At the most he'll get in one sneak attack sometimes.

Deleted
    this should now be a post your dogs thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog has been gone for a while now. She was a border collie named 'Jenny'. I'm more of a cat person now, though my youngest cat does like to play 'fetch'.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this should now be a post your dogs thread.
    Doing that will get it closed and told "post images of your pets in the relevant megathread in the stickies."

Every dog i've had or known stinks from their mouth or just overall stinky, the odor isn't directly pleasant, but i got used to it
    but this is usually downplayed by me or others just calling the fuzzball for "aww what a stinky dog!" or "get outta ere! you stinky!" wich sorry to say, can't help doing that. its not a pleasant smell, but its a funny one atleast. :P

but sure i try to avoid them licking me in the face, i mean just imagine on a subatomic level all those brown poop molecules being plastered on to your face now like it was some kinda mud mask. :P

Here is something you lot will no doubt love... I let my pet rats lick my face, but I can’t stand any other animal doing it, especially a dog. Logic I know…

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Here is something you lot will no doubt love... I let my pet rats lick my face, but I can’t stand any other animal doing it, especially a dog. Logic I know…
    That's... interesting, lol. Why a rat?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieKDC View Post
    That's... interesting, lol. Why a rat?
    Rats are pretty clean animals, they clean themselves just as much as a cat does, as well as being very active in cleaning each other to make sure that theres nothing bad going around the group. They're also very friendly!