Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Well, yeah. Basically the problem is that shields get first priority to deal with incoming damage, then instant heals, then HoTs. By the time HoTs get a chance to tic, most of their duration is already over.
    How about a new spell that would work like warlock Malefic grasp, but for HoTs.

=> Blossom : channeled spell. Heals for a small amount raid wide, and every second (reduced by haste) causes every hots on each player to heal for 50% of their periodical heal.

Or : casted, heals player that have HoT for 50% of their total heal.
    It could be instant cast with a cd or with 1,5 sec cast.

You could pre-HoT player when there is incoming damage and have some "burst" heals.

Just throwing out ideas

Deleted
    Thats basically like a monk tho where u have to pre hot everyone with renewing mists to use uplift spam, fail to predict that damage and have them hots up and ur healin is crap

I guess blizz will stay with the idea of druids bein a hot class and havin a lot of instant spells u can cast on the move, so probably wont ever see us gettin a castable AOE heal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Thats basically like a monk tho where u have to pre hot everyone with renewing mists to use uplift spam, fail to predict that damage and have them hots up and ur healin is crap
    l
    How is that a bad thing ? It just requires to know the fight so you can successfully predict damage, disc priest already do that with spirit shell.
    It is still based on HoTs so the core mechanic of the class is preserved.

Deleted
    The only problem of druids is that paladins and priests have absorbs and to absorb damage means that you are always the first healing the target and not doing over healing.

As i said in an official post on the wow forums the healing provided by the mushrooms could be over healing as well.

All druids need is an absorption, let the extra healing from mushrooms generate an absorption effect and we are perfect.
    OR change our mastery to: x% of your overhealing will be converted into a living seed effect that will heal the target the next time it is damaged.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!! the druid is fixed and everyone is happy

This may be the dumbest thread I have ever seen.

YES other healers tools can conflict with ours.
    NO this doesn't make our class that much weaker than theirs.

In progression especially or Hard modes it isn't hard to stay on par or ahead of other healing classes. Disc and Holy Pallys are really good for front loading their heals but if you play right and keep your lifebloom and rejuv on the tanks and aren't shy with ooc regrowths its really easy to keep them from stealing too much of your tank healing. This doesn't work on everything especially farm content but for progression when your being mana concious. Honestly we usually have our disc priest take advantage of their OP mechanics and act as a half dpser who fills in the gaps when i need him to. Shaman lag way behind on healing for long portions of the fight and then come storming back up the charts with cooldowns. They are a roller coaster. Druids stay very constant our spikes aren't as steep but we don't fall as far either unless their is just too much healing going on in the fight in the first place. If all the damage is already healed we are practically worthless. If this happens to you I suggest you try 2 healing or having one of your healers do more dps.

I heal with a disc priest, resto shaman and a sometimes Holly pally. All 3 of them have at least a few healing ranked parses to their credit. So you can't say that the healers I play with don't know what they are about.

The biggest lack of balance isn't in healing or bubbles right now. The only time I ever really feel bad when I look at the meters is when I see a disc priest doing dps on par with our tanks and out-healing me with his attonement. This is partially part of the problem you guys are mad about but the other end because the smart heal on attonment snipes the heals were our dots would tick.

What I want to see out of across the boards would be a decent upgrade on Wildgrowth and Lifebloom. I don't think we are gonna be able to milk that much more out of rejuv and it is a workhorse don't get me wrong but with the buffs already inc with these ontop of them we could see some rediculous overhealing #s.

If we get a decent buff to wildgrowth we are golden the only way to make us better would be to remove mechanics from other classes or add in mechanic that completley change our class. The dot class will always suffer when the Absoarb class front loads. They get healing credit passed full the only way to beat that is raids hp doesn't stay full. A lot of those fights out there and I crush the other healers I play with on them. Garalon, and Ambershaper, I crush the meters. Pretty much everything else I'm either right in it or we just over heal the balls off the fight.
    Last edited by Beastest; 2013-01-16 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    A direct solution solving all issues : Healing touch and nourish now always proc living seeds (no matter if they crit) .
    Also want to give us a small buff double the healing from living seeds ; this will make it on par with shields from discs and illu healing from hpalas.

So basically give life to 2 spells and 1 ability that we hardly use or have respect over (seeds).

In addition make living seeds have priority when damage is incoming (which i dont think it has now). New changes will also help us to compete since this way we would have adress all our issues : Spells not used,overhealing (new mushroom mechanism),mana reduction of spells .

p.s. healing touch and nourish cost should also decrease by 5% to 10% if this change was ever to be implemented.

Well the easiest solution for resto would be to pause rejuvenation ticks when target is topped, when target would drop in HP again, rejuve ticks would resume.
    This way we would get rid of rejuvenation overhealing, and it would make this spell extremely mana efficient.
    and THAT my friends, that would be AWESOME

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    The only problem of druids is that paladins and priests have absorbs and to absorb damage means that you are always the first healing the target and not doing over healing.

As i said in an official post on the wow forums the healing provided by the mushrooms could be over healing as well.

All druids need is an absorption, let the extra healing from mushrooms generate an absorption effect and we are perfect.
    OR change our mastery to: x% of your overhealing will be converted into a living seed effect that will heal the target the next time it is damaged.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!! the druid is fixed and everyone is happy
    I like the second option more : absorb don't suit druids.

The downside is that it will incite people to overheal to prevent incoming damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    This is good for us Resto druids.

As others have said, We are not 'BAD' no, But definitely not in the best of spots either.

Cenarion Ward 100% buff
    T-15 4 set bonus making Rejuv tick stronger the longer it goes
    Possible Mushroom buff
    Flat-out healing bonus?

I am pretty happy
    Cenarion Ward is still garbage for all practical purposes.

I do like the change to Rejuv with the 4 set but it's just going to suck when Tier 16 comes out and we lose that buff.

Mushrooms are being buffed. Last I checked they can be charged by Rejuvenation overhealing but they're still a clunky to use and weak cd compared to similar abilities. The only good thing going for them is that they're one of our cheapest heals to activate.

That bonus is going to cause PvP to cry about Druids being overpowered. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets hotfixeed during the patch with little to nothing being said about the change.

Edit: If I were to change anything, it'd probably be the Wild Growth Glyph to make Wild Growth an instant heal but the effective healing of Wild Growth is reduced by X%.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-01-16 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastest View Post
    This may be the dumbest thread I have ever seen.

YES other healers tools can conflict with ours.
    NO this doesn't make our class that much weaker than theirs.

<Snip>
    I'd love a link to your WOL. If you're on par with the priest and paladin, there's three options:

You've not yet hit the "hard" bosses in progress (later heroics).
    You're raking in a ton of ranks while the paladin/priest are getting one in a blue moon.
    Your paladin/priest are bad at what they're doing.

There's a reason Resto Druids have gone almost extinct in high end raiding. It's not that they're worse players. I'll let you figure out what else could be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    This is mainly for pvp it seems. The 30% overall healing nerf affects resto druids the most because of not being able to compete with the burst.
    Thats why resto druids healing will be slightly buffed to keep up with other healers in pvp. Too bad the other nerfs to surv will nullify that :/
    That's the opposite of true. Right now healing is so good across the board that people are contantly topped off. When all classes are nerfed, it gives hots more time to tick, meaning MORE healing from druids, not less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    That's the opposite of true. Right now healing is so good across the board that people are contantly topped off. When all classes are nerfed, it gives hots more time to tick, meaning MORE healing from druids, not less.
    Im talking about pvp. The 30% nerf to all healing hits restodruids the hardest IN PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepanda View Post
    How is that a bad thing ? It just requires to know the fight so you can successfully predict damage, disc priest already do that with spirit shell.
    It is still based on HoTs so the core mechanic of the class is preserved.
    Never said it was a bad thing, i think its a good thing as it would require a druid to actually have some skill.... I just meant it was the same concept as a monks AOE healing, i want something different, not copied.

Im talking about pvp. The 30% nerf to all healing hits restodruids the hardest IN PVP.
    It's a good thing this game is not balanced around PvP then eh?

Silly PvP'er

Deleted
    It's a good thing this game is not balanced around PvP then eh?

Silly PvP'er
    Way to derail just to bash something you dont like with the game

Deleted
    Everyone's talking about "stealing" healing that other healers do. If you are thinking in those terms, it implies that there isn't enough healing to do. If other healers get to heal before you, let them, you will have more mana left for intensive phases.
    A good example is the Elegon fight, where I usually can't do any serious healing, but on the last phase I have 60% mana left and I spend it all on rejuvenations for everyone. I catch up with the other healers except our disc priest then.

Way to derail just to bash something you dont like with the game
    Not de-railing just saying facts.

They didn't design any of these with PvP in mind.

Deleted
    Not de-railing just saying facts.

They didn't design any of these with PvP in mind.
    They constantly make changes because of pvp aswell as pve. This buff to resto druids healing is probably because of both.

We are sub par because the way we handled aoe damage was pre-hot with rejuv, but we can't do this anymore because of mana issue. Pre-hot with rejuv is like >50% overheal. You don't want to cast rejuv on a player who has >60% hp unless he's the tank.
    And absorbs are out of control. They are too efficient.

How about this:
    Each time your rejuv overheals the duration is extended by 3 sec, up to 6 seconds