Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One more reason to never truly trust someone , i will always look for the ultimate truth.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

this will end well.

also, id like to see a similar study for men since ya know.. people in general lie a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It's not about who is worse or better. I imagine men are at least as likely to lie about most things.

As I said, the things in the survey that bothered me were the 50% likelihood of lying about who the father of the child she was carrying was, and the 42% likelihood of sabotaging birth control if she wanted to get pregnant and her partner did not.

Those are major, life-altering lies. Even if you say men can sabotage birth control as well, there's no guarantee the woman won't abort and even taking that out and ignoring the abortion issue there remains the 50% likelihood a woman would lie if she were carrying another man's child.

I was shocked that it was at 50%. I figured it would be much higher. I mean Maury Povich can do daily shows on the topic of DNA tests and cheating. It's a lot more common than one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    this will end well.

also, id like to see a similar study for men since ya know.. people in general lie a lot.
    Again. The issue isn't about lying in general. The issue is that 50% of polled women would lie to their partner if they were pregnant with someone elses child. 42% of women would lie about birth control if they wanted a child and their partner didn't

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a representative that wanted to begin mandatory dna checks for every birth in the United States.

Not surprisingly, the feminists got really upset over it including the ones in mmoc forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There was a representative that wanted to begin mandatory dna checks for every birth in the United States.

Not surprisingly, the feminists got really upset over it including the ones in mmoc forum.
    I read about that. One article even wrote that it should be the woman's prerogative to decide who raises her child even if its different from the real father.

Again. The issue isn't about lying in general. The issue is that 50% of polled women would lie to their partner if they were pregnant with someone elses child. 42% of women would lie about birth control if they wanted a child and their partner didn't
    .. which is lying. how many men lie about cheating as well?

Deleted
    It's a shame to see women undermine the things they've been fighting towards for so long, at the expense of others.

Laize is touching on the lying and child support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Laize is touching on the lying and child support.
    but they already have a partner.. might as well tell the real father if all you're after is $$$$.

but they already have a partner.. might as well tell the real father if all you're after is $$$$.
    Mostly about the lying about birth control and the lying about partners forces another to take care of a child that isn't his through deception. Both of these are huge life-changers (not even just financially) that are based on lies.

I believe that's what he is getting at.

PS: Do I believe 40% of women lie about this shit? I certainly hope not.

Deleted
    this will end well.

i dont think many men could lie about being pregnent with someone elses baby :P

but yes, basically people are arseholes and they lie. more at 11.

This is why you should always get a DNA test done on your child just to be sure it's actually yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Mostly about the lying about birth control and the lying about partners forces another to take care of a child that isn't his through deception. Both of these are huge life-changers (not even just financially) that are based on lies.

I believe that's what he is getting at.

PS: Do I believe 40% of women lie? No, and I certainly hope not.
    which they are doing to preserve their relationship, not be ebil gold diggers, which is the implication i got. so i think its fair to ask how guys compare in the same area before going "WOMEN ARE ALL EVIL LIARS TRYING TO TRAP INNOCENT MEN".

Deleted
    It about a more serious issue, not just cheating in general. A women has a fling, gets pregnant. and lies to current partner its his -> he then raises and supports another guys child because she cheated = major life changing event for the man who is the victim.

While this one can be done by either partner, 42% would lie about birth control. Granted the man could pierce a condom. But the power of getting pregnant is in the womens hands (abortion if she doesnt want it). In most long term relationships pills, coils and hormone implants are more commenly used, all it takes is the women to not take the pill and not tell the partner and *Boom* "accidental baby".

So please dont focus on lying in general, this thread is about the high % of women that would lie about these very major life changing events, not something as petty as who cheats more
    Last edited by mmoc981b98ea90; 2013-01-16 at 09:43 PM.

Men generally are at a sever disadvantage when it comes to family court and child support especially. Its not unheard of for a deceived man to find out, years down the line, to want to call it quits and be ordered to pay child support by the courts due to the child's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's a shame to see women undermine the things they've been fighting towards for so long, at the expense of others.
    Why are you under the impression that women have some kind of shared consciousness? Not every member of a subaltern group has to be aware of or purposefully fighting for equality.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    In most long term relationships pills, coils and hormone implants are more commenly used, all it takes is the women to not take the pill and not tell the partner and *Boom* "accidental baby".
    So men suffer because of their inability to sack up and take a portion of the responsibility for birth control?

which they are doing to preserve their relationship, not be ebil gold diggers, which is the implication i got. so i think its fair to ask how guys compare in the same area before going "WOMEN ARE ALL EVIL LIARS TRYING TO TRAP INNOCENT MEN".
    So basically what you're saying is it's ok for a woman to lie about infidelity and the paternity of her child to preserve a relationship? You're saying it's fair that another man should unknowingly be forced to take on the burden of providing for another mans child under the false belief it is his own?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Problem is we can't really analyse it, great for shock headlines - useless in the real world. Who specifically were questioned in this survey. 5000 is small enough that from a certain demographic you are likely to get more those responsive. It's like taking a survey from a sports magazine, that says "50% of men we surveyed would lie to a woman to go to a football match" and then arguing 50% of men are liars. Currently this about as disquieting as learning my next door neighbours flight was delayed for 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that, considering the population you're looking at is women who cheat on their husbands and women who are nigh-sociopaths and don't care about their partners wishes, kind of indicates that the character of these women is already fairly foul.

Also, were you able to bring up the actual survey in itself? I can't seem to find any trace of it.