Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why the hell does blizz keep hating on warlocks...

Now I'm sure this is a common theme with all classes in the forums. But, after a 3 month break I find demo barely better than destruction. Affliction(by far one of the most boring specs in the game imo) tops... I don't expect warlocks to get a red carpet treatment and be over powered but, I feel the class gets shat on all the time. Some balance in pve dps would be fantastic. Mages shouldn't be all powerful and blizz needs to stop humping the mage's legs and salivating all over them. I guess I'll be going back to my cave until the next xpac... [/rant]. Flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    I feel the class gets shat on all the time. Some balance in pve dps would be fantastic.
    Hmm? In Cataclysm days I'd have agreed with you but...

If you haven't played in 3 months you really need to gear your toon up before you start bitching because locks are in a pretty good place right now, and if you don't like aff you should also be happy with 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you're saying the two warlock specs I mentioned aren't bottom feeders in that link? Strange, I see both demo and destro in the bottom10. Btw, thanks for the link. I'll start basing my thoughts upon that instead of simcraft's sims.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    If you haven't played in 3 months you really need to gear your toon up before you start bitching because locks are in a pretty good place right now, and if you don't like aff you should also be happy with 5.2.
    My toon has decent gear from the time I stopped playing and I can still keep up with majority of people in raids. My numbers for my gear and skill are just fine and I output more than simcraft simulates for me. Why am I complaining? End-game numbers don't peak my interest at all, neither does bottom feeding at end-game.
    Last edited by cauzt1cz; 2013-01-16 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are far from being hated on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blizzard clearly hates the class that objectively got the most attention and new things in Mists of Pandaria out of every class except the one that is totally new

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    except the one that is totally new
    Which, due to Blizzard's cold feet from DK's, is arguably the worst PvP class (until 5.2 super-buffs).

holy moly why do you ppl complain WL is way to OP they should nerf WL class as whole -.-
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzard clearly hates the class that objectively got the most attention and new things in Mists of Pandaria out of every class except the one that is totally new
    New toys doesn't equal to being OP though. I love what they did with demo, the numbers is just a turn off though.

Im sorry but as a Demon warlock i regually beat aff warlocks with better gear than me. No they dont suck, the parse size is far too large for that, I doubt every Aff warlock i meet sucks considering i meet so many. The fact is Demonology is probably the hardest spec of ANY class right now, so i wouldnt start bitching about demons low dps if you cant play it properly. Trust your own numbers, Not simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Im sorry but as a Demon warlock i regually beat aff warlocks with better gear than me. No they dont suck, the parse size is far too large for that, I doubt every Aff warlock i meet sucks considering i meet so many. The fact is Demonology is probably the hardest spec of ANY class right now, so i wouldnt start bitching about demons low dps if you cant play it properly. Trust your own numbers, Not simcraft.

Demo isn't hard, but I agree that its far closer to Affliction's dps than people realize. Once people figure out how to Meta weave, they'll see the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Demo isn't hard, but I agree that its far closer to Affliction's dps than people realize. Once people figure out how to Meta weave, they'll see the damage.
    I agree demo isn't hard at all, especially when comparing to how it was in cata. I love how the spec plays now. I suppose the major factor is I just don't care for this game like I used to. WL's good at the start of xpacs and then they fall off mid xpac and go back up end xpac it seems. More balance and consistency would be too much to ask though.

I agree Demo is much closer to Affliction than people realize. Part of the problem is there are so many more people playing Affliction people don't see what it can do.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying the two warlock specs I mentioned aren't bottom feeders in that link? Strange, I see both demo and destro in the bottom10. Btw, thanks for the link. I'll start basing my thoughts upon that instead of simcraft's sims.

My toon has decent gear from the time I stopped playing and I can still keep up with majority of people in raids. My numbers for my gear and skill are just fine and I output more than simcraft simulates for me. Why am I complaining? End-game numbers don't peak my interest at all, neither does bottom feeding at end-game.
    Simcraft is but one tool you should use to assess the relative strengths of specs. Raidbots is another, and there are many more. It takes a lot of time and effort to look all over many points of information, but it's necessary if you wish to accurately compare the three specs' performance. That being said, from someone who actually has done so, all three lock specs perform within the top third of all DPS specs. That's pretty damned good overall. Affliction is ahead theoretically, and depending on person and ability, probably a bit in reality as well. There are some locks that truly shine as Demo and Destro that blow Aff away, but it seems to be more difficult as a general rule, leading me to believe Aff really is a bit stronger. However, it's not so much stronger that it's game-breaking, raid-breaking, or encounter-breaking if you use any of the other specs. Locks probably have never been in a better place, arguably since BC at the very least, and only arguably because although you could spam SB ad nausium for top DPS, locks now have an actual interactive rotation that is far, far more engaging and fun than BC's.

Seems to me you're freaking out over nothing, to be completely honest.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-01-17 at 04:25 AM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    I agree Demo is much closer to Affliction than people realize. Part of the problem is there are so many more people playing Affliction people don't see what it can do.
    Yup, same with mages. The second fire was nerfed and people actually started playing the other 2 specs, they suddenly jumped up the ranks despite not being buffed.

Warlocks are fine in PVE, demo and dest might need a bit of a facelift, but they're not in a terrible place - pvp is a bigger problem for all 3 specs right now, especially affliction. I do wish they went back to afflictions older dot-juggling though, it's pretty boring compared to what it used to be, though it's a lot harder to master than people seem to give it credit. It's incredibly easy to be mediocre at affliction, but far harder to excel at it.

Blizzard doesn't hate locks.

Blizzard just doesn't buff the lock specs the OP likes for PvE.

Every class has a weak spec in PvE basically the OP is just QQing.

You're insane. Seriously. Did you get beat by the big bad affliction lock? Warlocks have gotten the most changes by far in MoP. New demons, green fire soon to come, our own class quest, completely different playstyles between the 3 specs, alot of cool new abilities, the list goes on. Warlocks got too much love in MoP imo.

And boring? Learn how to play it and it won't be so boring. Oh, mut rogues say "hi". So do ret pallys and arcane mages.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 08:03 AM ----------

New toys doesn't equal to being OP though. I love what they did with demo, the numbers is just a turn off though.
    Mages are far from OP. And you expect anything other than OP to be "hated on"? Pretty warped.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Demo is not the hardest spec of any class right now. It's been dumbed down pretty severely. Cata demo was much tougher to play. And kitty druids are by far harder than demo atm.

And what bosses are you beating these better geared locks? If you're beating them in single target, and they have better gear than you, they aren't playing the spec to it's potential. Doesn't mean they suck. But very small things lead to big dps losses for affliction. Affliction is one of the best single target specs in the game right now.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-01-17 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    completely different playstyles between the 3 specs
    Irrelevant totally to infinity and beyond... And lot of people who loved warlocks have quit the game because this new " design ", like Aff 3.1.

Nobody is supposed to be OP, that's the point, that is what the word means