Poll: Do you like this class so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Bard- Hero class idea

CREDITS-I would like to thank Schatzy 4 the incredible work done. THIS is the original idea guys--http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228177888
    NOTE: this class, even though the title indicates the opposite, is NOT A HERO CLASS. It is a typo

Races: all

Armor: cloth with intellect for minstrel and thespian and agility for terpsichorean and mesmer/new cloth agility armor token would be created for Bard specs, Witch Doctor Shadow Hunter and Juju Doc specs, Invoker Glass Wraith spec & more to come

Class traits:
    Combat Orchestra: When two or more Bards play alongside their buffs can trigger and be triggered by whichever Bard, even by those who didn’t apply it.

Irresistible melody: causes all around you to dance.

New weapon morphs:

dagger to flute
    two-handed axe to guitar
    bow and arrow to harp
    One Handed Ballista to Violin
    explanation: this morph ability is intended to allow bards to use their weapons as instruments without destroying them. This solves any issues related to weapon utility.

Weapons: two handed bow, two handed axe, dagger, horn(WIP ala GW2)

Requirements: A character belonging to a guild.

FIRST LOOK:

Bards are entertainers who use their incredible skills to raise the spirits of those around them. Though many Bards are perfectly content to live out their lives entertaining people at local fairs and traveling shows, some Bards hunger for adventure, and seek to use their unique skills to bring happiness and balance to the world around them. While some seek to use their skills for lofty purposes, other Bards wish to use their ability for their own self interests, and the possibility of incredible wealth. Although not your standard class of warrior, adventurers are happy to bring Bards into their party to keep their spirits up, and to raise morale on a harsh journey.

Bards have honed their skills to such a degree that to onlookers, it appears that Bards are using some form of arcane or shadow magic. They aren't very far off. Bards use a unique form of magic to aid them in combat and to aid their companions.

INTRO:

Bards use Morale as a bar resource, and Lyrics as a sub-resource. Morale builds up during combat, but Choir moves consume Morale. Morale is to some extent, similar to mana but instead of recovering faster out of battle, it’s meant to be generated in battle. Lyrics are similar to Holy Power in that they are generated by the less powerful and timed-cast spells. Lyrics will not regenerate at all and must be generated through normal ability use. The Bard has 5 different types of Lyrics which will allow him to cast different Choir Revelations depending on what sequence of Lyrics he activated. The Lyrics generated can be Verse, Refrain, Chorus, Bridge and Coda. Melodies will in turn spend always 4 Lyrics as well as remove Choir Revelations from targets in order to activate these and consume 4 of the least recently generated Lyrics. This means that visually and mechanically, lyrics will be advancing in the Bard’s musical scale.
    There are three main types of abilities for Bards: Choirs, Melodies and Chords. Chords are instant-cast or timed-cast abilities that generate Lyrics. Melodies are channel-cast spells that use multiple Lyrics to provide a helpful buff or heal party members or even deal damage depending on what Choir effects are consumed in the process. Melodies can also be channeled while moving. Choirs are powerful performances similar to a Rogue's finishers that consume Morale and apply stacks of Choir Revelations which will be activated through melodies. Targets can only have a max of 5 stacks of each of these effects on them and they last 1 min per stack. However, Choirs do not consume the Lyric sequence created.

Stances:

In Concert stance the bard will perform for everyone in his range and so will have to share his buffs’ and negative effects’ power evenly. In Audience stance, the Bard focuses only on his chosen targets, may it be ally or foe, and so the power of his buffs and debuffs can be controlled. In any stance though, the skill and power of the Bard’s physical abilities will not be modified by any sort. Finally, in Serenate stance, the Bard will focus all his effectiveness to do 100% to the current target plus one ally and still benefit from 100% of the returning effects on himself.

Specs:
    Terpsichorean- An athletic being capable of enormous feats of agility, steady as a clock and yet as energetic as the next rogue. A master of dancing but still with high values of concentration, the Terpsichorean is a lethal fighter which can dazzle enemies and then strikes them down while they are still trying to figure out the stunning dancing displays. This spec is the first melee cloth damage dealer that uses fluid movements to keep enemies distracted or to avoid being hit.

Thespian- Whether in the backline of a crowed street or at the center of a theatre, a Thespian can either invigorate or break the spirits of his viewers. However, the dabbling with the feelings of others gave Thespians a somewhat bad reputation of being untrustworthy. This a in fact due to the high level of guile and charm a Thespian brings and allies sometimes have to sacrifice their favorite spot on the battlefield for the Thespian to perfrom. This spec is the full on pure support spec, boosting allies and crippling foes with no discrimination.

Minstrel- A joyful spirit, akin to kindness and compassion, this spec is above all else a citizen of the world. A life made of travelling and participating in events that later on are echoed to the corners of the known world, by his fingers and voice. Since in his travels the Minstrel sometimes has the chance to perform to important rulers, this favors him a lot when it comes to getting access to powerful spells and scriptures that tell tales of might and virtue, which are put into lyrics to sooth and heal the hearts and minds of allies in battle. This is support spec dedicated to off healing and boosting healers.

Mesmer- A cunning manipulator of the mind, causing enemies to question if even they themselves are but n illusion. A weaver of fears of the unknown, capturing visions of its enemies to be released in later conflicts. A veteran trickster of the fairgrounds, forgoing sleep himself to enforce it on others. There are many trades taken on by a Mesmer in a fairground or witch’s fanfare rom reading people’s future to conjuring funny looking mirrors that make people look silly. But in the midst of all the good things, lies a darker corner with a hidden secret to a Mesmer’s pure power. The manipulation of those unaware or unprepared. Those fighting a Mesmer instantly find themselves not really fighting him but actually fighting themselves and their own fears, which is used to great advantage by him and those he seeks to protect

GAMEPLAY EXPLANATION:

You have Morale as a base resource and Lyrics as a sub-resource.

Morale is similar to mana but instead of recovering faster out of battle its spirit stats become fully useable in battle. You are only going to use Morale to use your most powerful abilities, the Choirs.

Until then, it’s an artistic showdown, while you build up the desired musical scale with Lyrics of your choice. The trouble of course is in tapping the desired combination of Lyrics to achieve the desired Choir effect. Of course this is going to be hard to perfect but this why Bards are supporters so that the party doesn’t depend entirely on their skills.

ABILITY TABLES:
    Terpsichorean-DPS
    Thespian-FULL SUPPORT
    Minstrel-HEAL SUPPORT
    Mesmer-TANK SUPPORT
    TALENT TREE IS HERE:http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-10-31 at 12:08 AM.

Haha, it's a pretty neat idea but I don't think it really fits in the Warcraft universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Haha, it's a pretty neat idea but I don't think it really fits in the Warcraft universe.
    LOL I am open to suggestions :P. Or is this a complete nonsense @_@?

10+ Year Old Account
    when I think of bard I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMm7T9C790
    #boycottchina

neat idea, but I feel like it really doesn't have a place in the WoW universe.

Time Warden, on the otherhand, TOTALLY DOES. Take a look

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No thank you. Nothing heroic about this idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Irresistible melody: causes all around you to dance.

New weapon morphs: dagger to flute, two-handed axe to guitar, bow and arrow to violin
    LOL, do you want bosses to fall over dead by being bored from listening to bad music?

Requirements: belonging to a guild.
    Inacceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    when I think of bard I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMm7T9C790
    LOL I don't think that's the same type of bard I am imagining here... I imagine someone that would sing and play but not as dull as that XD

This just feels like someone who plays Aion came over and is pitching the idea since Bard is being introduced in there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    neat idea, but I feel like it really doesn't have a place in the WoW universe.

Time Warden, on the otherhand, TOTALLY DOES. Take a look

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden
    hehe that time warden was a good source for my tinker's phlogiston resource and my bronze dragonsworn... But nevertheless I admit it was really an inspired idea although I think an entire class revolving around the element of time would be very light in terms of spells. what else can u have besides doing damage, healing or cc in past, present or future? Maybe I'm being silly lol but I actually tried to put some of that concept into my dragonsworn class. It's in my sig if u wanna take a peek =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Bard" idea has been thrown around for a while now. And no offense but much better and more thought ideas than what you have here. Again sorry.

Also it can and does fit into the universe... if space paladins can make it into the universe well I'm sorry but anything can. Case and point LvL XX Tauren Chieftain. It would definitely probably have a more heavy metal feel to it if blizzard implemented it, none of this daisies, butterflies, angel wings, and harp crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    LOL, do you want bosses to fall over dead by being bored from listening to bad music?
    lol maybe I should put that it only affects afk players and grey lvl mobs?

Inacceptable.
    lol Bards in the 13th century needed to belong to guilds otherwise they would have no place to perform other than the streets. I am still debating this.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    To be fair, Pandaren started as an April Fool's joke as well, and here we are.

That being said, those mechanics in specific definitely would not work. Cloth gear and those kinds of weapons have very different stats on them, only daggers would have same (int, spell power, etc) as cloth. Combat Orchestra would promote class stacking, which Blizzard definitely does not want to do. A Thespian simply would not work; either the buffs they bring are strong enough to justify their spot, and every raid will bring one, or they won't, and nobody will bring them.

The WoW combat model, in it's current state, does not work with a completely supporting spec, and a Bard has always been a supporting style of play, throughout almost all MMO's they're in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    The "Bard" idea has been thrown around for a while now. And no offense but much better and more thought ideas than what you have here. Again sorry.
    none taken =). I do disagree that anybody has had a better idea cause I sort of looked aand drew upon around a dozen of bard class threads before starting to work on this.

It would definitely probably have a more heavy metal feel to it if blizzard implemented it, none of this daisies, butterflies, angel wings, and harp crap.
    well that's actually up to the player 2 choose between a heavy metal axe/guitar or a nice wooden dagger/flute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    To be fair, Pandaren started as an April Fool's joke as well, and here we are.

That being said, those mechanics in specific definitely would not work. Cloth gear and those kinds of weapons have very different stats on them, only daggers would have same (int, spell power, etc) as cloth. Combat Orchestra would promote class stacking, which Blizzard definitely does not want to do. A Thespian simply would not work; either the buffs they bring are strong enough to justify their spot, and every raid will bring one, or they won't, and nobody will bring them.

The WoW combat model, in it's current state, does not work with a completely supporting spec, and a Bard has always been a supporting style of play, throughout almost all MMO's they're in.
    Where are you getting your information. Pandaren were in WCIII no april fools joke. Sam Didier (art director for blizzard) drew several pandaren artwork early on and the team liked it and it became a reality.

No jokes at all. Sketches and concepts chosen by game designers to become part of their game.

Heaven forbid Blizzard adopts the Bard as a class and makes it something other than support to make it fit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I am open to suggestions :P. Or is this a complete nonsense @_@?
    All i have to say is no. There is 0 place for a support class in this game. Remember what the last one was called? Holy Paladin and blizzard said they did not want that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8

This is what I thought of, and the april fools joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    about the weapons then, daggers, axes and bows could be made to after their morphing, have a chosen stat the same way you use that ethereal gear stat morpher I can't remember the name of. Combat Orchestra would indeed be beneficial if playing with various bards but only to some extent since it basically helps the group get their debuffs and buffs on faster instead of actually overstacking them. And why is it that the Thespian aren't appliable? I'm guessing u only read the spec's intro and so please tell me why u think they are impossible to work with... Maybe a quick look into THIS thread may help you understand how support specs could work in WOW.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-01-17 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more hero classes, totally bad idea. I really want a bard though, it's my favorite MMO class ever.