Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[ Spoilers ] SPECULATION - What is the yawning Chasm of darkness and he/she!?

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK OF SPOILERAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEs90Fus99w

1.11 onwards

What does he say there? "More powerful than she/he was even!?" - Who do you think he is referring too? :O

What is the yawning chasm of darkness beneath us?

Finally some old god activity? Maybe even N'zoth?

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy poop, Ra-Den voices? Listening now... He does NOT sound friendly.

I'm going to guess that "he" is the Thunder King and the "yawning chasm of darkness" is a metaphor for impending doom of some sort, possibly the Legion. Though it could be literal. What exactly the Engine of Nalak'sha does (and exactly how far down that hole goes) isn't all that clear, though there was a similar, defunct engine in Northrend near Yogg Saron's prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, after listening I agree with Drilnos.

"More powerful than he was even..." referring to Lei Shen.

The yawning chasm = the rising influence of the Old Gods.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina's front bottom after a night with Kalecgos and Thrall. Sounds like a yawning cavern of darkness to me.

srs mode: Maybe the location of an old god?

could be the internal hate that the alliance have for the horde

Deleted
    Aegwynn corrupted by Sargeras Soul.

As far as i know she was some kind of "vessel" to banish him and then disappeared.

And since next addon is about Burning Crusade Blizzard starts to introduce us into the new Story line.

'He' is Lei Shen. I repeat, Ra-den said HE, not SHE.

As for the chasm, I say Old Gods.

Wow, uhm yeah so old god raid in 5.4 np
    Ulduar V2 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Aegwynn corrupted by Sargeras Soul.

As far as i know she was some kind of "vessel" to banish him and then disappeared.

And since next addon is about Burning Crusade Blizzard starts to introduce us into the new Story line.
    Er... that's not what Aegwynn did at all. Sargeras only stayed with her temporarily, she didn't even know about it. She didn't banish him either, she only defeated an avatar of his. Nor did she just disappear, she gave birth to Medivh before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yup, after listening I agree with Drilnos.

"More powerful than he was even..." referring to Lei Shen.

The yawning chasm = the rising influence of the Old Gods.
    Probably. He says "beneath", so it is unlikely to refer to the Legion. Though it might refer to something else entirely... remember how the Titans stopped trying to kill the Old Gods after Y'Shaarj?
    Last edited by huth; 2013-01-17 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this specific case, the chasm may refer to the slain Y'Shaarj and his essence (the Sha) that pollute Pandaria. The Sha are apparently still active in 5.2, so either destroying the six greater ones just slowed them down, or there really is a seventh Sha still free somewhere.

But yeah, there are still Old Gods active. Even if C'Thun and Yogg-Saron have been reduced as Y'Shaarj have (and maybe they're not quite that dead), there's N'Zoth, who's probably the strongest, and possibly at least one other, if they stick by the original lore of there being five. Plenty of candidates for being the dark chasm trying to swallow the world.

If you listen to Lorewalker Cho's sound files, he indicates that Lei Shen ripped out the heart of the mogu god and stole his power, aka Ra'den. So Ra'den is clearly referring to the Thunder King.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK OF SPOILERAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEs90Fus99w

1.11 onwards

What does he say there? "More powerful than she/he was even!?" - Who do you think he is referring too? :O

What is the yawning chasm of darkness beneath us?

Finally some old god activity? Maybe even N'zoth?

Thoughts?
    the "He " is the thunder king, the one who defeated Ra Den and imprisoned him.
    The yawning chasm of Darkness is somehow related to the Old Gods I believe. There is a theory that azeroth is not actually a planet but a prison and the most powerful old god lies at the core. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AzathothName sound familiar?

A bullshit "theory" with little to really support it, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    In this specific case, the chasm may refer to the slain Y'Shaarj and his essence (the Sha) that pollute Pandaria. The Sha are apparently still active in 5.2, so either destroying the six greater ones just slowed them down, or there really is a seventh Sha still free somewhere.
    We've been outright told that the Sha can only be subdued temporarily, not permanently destroyed, so that's hardly surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very intruiging. I have NO clue what this gaping chasm beneath us may be. COuld be Old God related, or Burning Legion. If he's using a metaphor it could be sooooo many things.

This also harkens back to what Moruzond said in Cata, about that this Cata ending with Deathwing not being a bad end compared to what else he had seen in our future.

It sounds to me like he's a corrupted whatever-the-heck Algalon is.

I think we might actually get to see Y'Shaarj sooner or later, dead.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    It sounds to me like he's a corrupted whatever-the-heck Algalon is.
    We've already fought a corrupted titan AI, Elegon.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Goosebumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

He says something about "what where the mogu doing in Pandaria".

Perhaps there is an Old God prison nearby?