Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    forget your damn shot gun. you cant tell me an Uzi, AR, AK47, glog, magnum weren't made to kill things. if you seriously think that then there is no help for you.
    Sure they were, I didn't say they weren't. I said you saying "all guns are made for and designed for killing people" that's simply false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Interesting little thing I just read regarding nuclear weapons since we're on the topic.

http://factcheck.gullible.info/discu...clear-weapons/
    I'll see your forum post and raise you http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/2131 and the nuclear nonproliferation treat.

#16 is kind of confusing to me... what business is it or relevance is it to any medical condition you could possibly be in to ask whether or not someone owns a weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Oh boy, the paranoia line again.

Look, good luck defending your house against the government's evil soldiers . . . and tanks . . . and planes . . . and drones . . .

Maybe you should build a bunker too.
    I'm not paranoid at all, I doubt very very seriously we'll have to defend our selfs again'st our own government, at least within in next 100 years.

I'm just saying that is what its in the constitution for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YY5Rj4cQ50

Sure they were, I didn't say they weren't. I said you saying "all guns are made for and designed for killing people" that's simply false.
    and i say its still a fucking weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    Drugs are illegal, yet it doesn't stop people from obtaining and using them.

Prostitution is illegal, yet it doesn't stop people from standing on the corner and selling their bodies for profit.
    ...but it DOES severely limit where and how much.

You mention Prostitution... yet in the Chicago area I never see a prostitute "on the corner". You make it sound like those two elements are running rampant... they're not as bad as you think - and that's BECAUSE of laws against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    #16 is kind of confusing to me... what business is it or relevance is it to any medical condition you could possibly be in to ask whether or not someone owns a weapon?
    Mental health professional determining if a patient is willing to kill himself. Finding out if he has a weapon would help ensure you can help him avoid suicide.

At least, that's one example I thought of as I understand it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    and i say its still a fucking weapon.
    It can be a weapon of course, just like a lighter and gasoline.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Besides which, as I said earlier, you aren't born a criminal. Every single criminal was once a law-abiding citizen. They became criminals.

Yes, gun control limits what law-abiding citizens can legally buy/use. That's the point. Because not all law-abiding citizens stay law-abiding. Besides which, there's the law-breaking-but-uncaught segment of the population, which you can't catch with a background check because they haven't been caught.

Which is why you put sensible limits based on normal legal use on some things. The same way you can't go to the drug store and buy 100 bottles of cough syrup without the cops checking you out to make sure you aren't cooking meth. Are there legitimate uses for cough syrup? Sure. Can you buy however much you want with no government oversight? No, because that's what criminals do.
    i will agree to that. and probably the only intelligent argument i have seen in favor for gun rights ever. congratulations.

i will say one thing tho. it only takes one 30 round clip in an assault weapon to kill 30 people. however you are not going to make very much meth with just a few bottles of cough syrup... or however many you can get without raising a red flag.

how many fatalities have there been with a lighter? and how many with gas.

10+ Year Old Account

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/weapon

Did you just compare a lighter and gasoline to a freaking shotgun?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

You mention Prostitution... yet in the Chicago area I never see a prostitute "on the corner". You make it sound like those two elements are running rampant... they're not as bad as you think - and that's BECAUSE of laws against them.
    Are homicidal shooters running rampant?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    yep, because something used to light a cigarette and start are car are in the same realm as a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, I'd have to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    no

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The chinese dude in The Dark Knight.

The Chechen: What you do with all your money?
    The Joker: See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I enjoy dynamite, and gunpowder, and... gasoline!
    [he pours gasoline on the mountain of cash]
    The Chechen: [panicked] What the...?
    The Joker: Ah-ta-ta-ta-ta. And you know the thing they have in common? They're cheap.
    The Joker: All you care about is money. This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I'm gonna give it to them!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I never said they were running rampant, I merely stated that they are things people participate in with the full knowledge that they are illegal.

And if you live in the Chicago land area (as do I, except in a rural town outside of the burbs and the city), I can still readily find marijuana and even crack (no, I do not smoke crack, by my town has a very high crack/coke use per capita). Even though it's not directly in front of you, doesn't mean it's not still a problem that is dealt with on a daily basis by law enforcement. Hell, go to Kenosha and tell me that their isn't a drug problem, or gang problem, or a severely impoverished population.

We're talking about criminals who step outside of the law. They know full well the extent of the consequences that go hand in hand with committing crimes, yet they still follow through with them. Ban any magazine that's more than 10 rounds? Ok, guess what, they're still going to be able to find 30 round magazines quite readily. Ban assault weapons? (which, by the way, if you think about it...anything can be considered an assault weapon. If you commit an assault with a fork, that could be considered an assault weapon) Cool, they'll still be able to find the one gun that has a larger body count than most nations do combined, the AK-47.

Criminals do not respect the laws already in place, why would they all of a sudden gain some moral fortitude and start following new ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

10+ Year Old Account
    no
    Yes you did. Why anyone needs a shotgun is beyond me.

@Orissa: What doesn't kill you makes you....stranger.......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

no
    uh yeah you just did. you said gas an a lighter can be weapons like a gun.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-17 at 04:15 AM.

How is the right feeling about this executive action? It doesn't seem take anyones guns away, and addresses some of the "real problems" the right has said are the cause of gun violence such as mental health.

If some haven't seen it yet:

John Stewart on Gun Control. hopefully it will stay up for a while...

Best quote from there is this IMO: Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future, prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-17 at 04:18 AM.