Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Patch Notes.

And still no meaningful changes to hunters... everyone is getting various bufs and what not and hunters get a laughable change to aimed shot that works against the new tier 4pc...

Deleted
    Aimed Shot cast time has been been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds).
    Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
    Binding Shot no longer has a Focus cost.
    Wyvern Sting no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
    Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Liberation. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.

Perhaps they arent meaningful to you in any way. They are still considered "Buffs/Quality of life improvement/bandaids"

We'll have to wait and see whatever happends next. It's still pretty early on the PTR, things are subject to change.

They are all fairly minor changes, although I think you missed a change increasing Silencing Shot CD to 30 seconds.

None of them really change how I play my hunter. The only "QOL" change is going to be the BW one, because I'll use Silencing Shot in every scenario imaginable for PVP and its focus cost just doesn't matter much in PVE.

We also moved from a must-use glyph to... a must-use glyph. Baffling, really.

GC is just ignoring the Hunter class, there is more to fix then only MM... they are fixing every class but Hunters.. in the other hand i don't see any pressure from the hunter community on blizzard forums... Make forum posts, tweet to the developers if we wont complain nothing will change..

i've created a thread on EU forums, please comment there -
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6298043534
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-01-17 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    GC is just ignoring the Hunter class, there is more to fix then only MM... they are fixing every class but Hunters.. in the other hand i don't see any pressure from the hunter community on blizzard forums... Make forum posts, tweet to the developers if we wont complain nothing will change..

i've created a thread on EU forums, please comment there -
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6298043534

How do Hunters need fixing? Sure they're not top 5 in DPS every pull and they tend to fall behind a few other classes on multi-target fights, but there aren't reallly any problems from what I can see. The only thing I would want changed about Hunters is to completely remove Focus Fire, it's not that it is a bad cooldown, it's more that is is meant to be a cooldown, but only gives a very minor (about 500-1k) DPS increase and if you get raped by RNG and don't get your Frenzy stacks back up fast enough it can result in a DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How do Hunters need fixing? Sure they're not top 5 in DPS every pull and they tend to fall behind a few other classes on multi-target fights, but there aren't reallly any problems from what I can see. The only thing I would want changed about Hunters is to completely remove Focus Fire, it's not that it is a bad cooldown, it's more that is is meant to be a cooldown, but only gives a very minor (about 500-1k) DPS increase and if you get raped by RNG and don't get your Frenzy stacks back up fast enough it can result in a DPS loss.
    do you think MM/BM AOE is competetive with other classes? its pure shit and most likely the worse in the game.
    PowerShot - needs a redsign/fix.
    MM dps is competetive? hell no, its the worse PVE spec nowdays.

they can't buff other specs that are way more competetive and completely ignore MM, how come Arms / Sub/Combat are getting buffed and MM not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    They are all fairly minor changes, although I think you missed a change increasing Silencing Shot CD to 30 seconds.

None of them really change how I play my hunter. The only "QOL" change is going to be the BW one, because I'll use Silencing Shot in every scenario imaginable for PVP and its focus cost just doesn't matter much in PVE.

We also moved from a must-use glyph to... a must-use glyph. Baffling, really.
    You mean 24 second CD on silencing shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
    Binding Shot no longer has a Focus cost.
    Wyvern Sting no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
    Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Liberation. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.

Perhaps they arent meaningful to you in any way. They are still considered "Buffs/Quality of life improvement/bandaids"

We'll have to wait and see whatever happends next. It's still pretty early on the PTR, things are subject to change.
    These changes aren't new at all. They have been posted for awhile. This is just consolidating it into one concise post.

do you think MM/BM AOE is competetive with other classes? its pure shit and most likely the worse in the game.

they can't buff other specs that are way more competetive and completely ignore MM, how come Arms / Sub/Combat are getting buffed and MM not?
    MM is fine in theory, but in practice there are a lot of fights that will screw MM over just because of the mechanics. Saying it is the worse spec is hyperbole. If we weren't trying to kill H sha I'd swap to MM to show that it isn't as bad as people say. (I might've misunderstood what you were trying to say, it is the worst hunter spec. I thought you were talking about all the dps specs overall)

Also:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Is a buff no matter how you look at it. We will still spam cast AiS during haste effects, but this will just allow us to get out more.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-17 at 09:46 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

MM isn't being ignored, it just got a fairly large buff and after a bit of testing if it is still low they might look at other areas to buff. MM AoE is alright, the reduced focus cost of Multi-Shot from being in MM spec is what MM AoE has always been and depending in what ways MM may get buffed in the future it could also buff their AoE. BM AoE is the same as MM, having Bestial Wrath to half the focus cost of multi-shot and the ability to use a worm pet for pure AoE is alright, not as great as a Frost DK but it's still decent.

If there are situations that call for AoE then you should probably spec Survival. Exactly the same way that Rogues spec Combat and Warriors spec Arms for cleave, even though those specs might not be the highest single target DPS.

Powershot needs to be dumped completely, I don't think anyone can argue with that, but is this actually effecting your gameplay? Glaive Toss and Barrage are fine and do eactly the same as powershot in the way the damage goes out.

You seem to be under the impression that "because X class/spec can do this my class should be able to do it better or the game isn't balanced." Thinking this way is stupid and will never lead to anything good. Some specs are always weaker than others in different situations and that is how the game has always been for the most part and it has worked fine all along.

MM isn't being ignored, it just got a fairly large buff and after a bit of testing if it is still low they might look at other areas to buff. MM AoE is alright, the reduced focus cost of Multi-Shot from being in MM spec is what MM AoE has always been and depending in what ways MM may get buffed in the future it could also buff their AoE. BM AoE is the same as MM, having Bestial Wrath to half the focus cost of multi-shot and the ability to use a worm pet for pure AoE is alright, not as great as a Frost DK but it's still decent.
    MM have a huge community and right now its not being played and that is a fact u cant argue with facts.. 2.5 cast time on AiS won't make it competetive, i am playing in an HM guild and i right now i can't play the spec i like to play.

You seem to be under the impression that "because X class/spec can do this my class should be able to do it better or the game isn't balanced." Thinking this way is stupid and will never lead to anything good. Some specs are always weaker than others in different situations and that is how the game has always been for the most part and it has worked fine all along.
    I'm not under the impression the "class x has y i need to get it too" AE dmg is a basic thing all dps specs should have and it needs to be decent(its not a utility), its fine that multi-doters excel on multi-target fights or spec X/Y have better AOE i get that. but in fact All specs are way better then BM/MM in AOE and i don't want to be forced to play SV in a multi-target fights, its just sucks when u're AE dmg is low, just saying it can use a little buff that will make it decent. after all its just playing with numbers for the devs not a huge effort.
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-01-17 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reducing the cast time of Aimed Shot by 0.4 is actually quite significant.
    Did you know that in order to reduce the cast time of Aimed Shot from 2.9 to 2.5 before buffs you'd need 6800 haste rating?

Even so though, it will never even come close to Survival in terms of AoE. This is specially because SS isn't affected by the AoE cap, which makes SV AoE amazing on a big pack of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Reducing the cast time of Aimed Shot by 0.4 is actually quite significant.
    Did you know that in order to reduce the cast time of Aimed Shot from 2.9 to 2.5 before buffs you'd need 6800 haste rating?

Even so though, it will never even come close to Survival in terms of AoE. This is specially because SS isn't affected by the AoE cap, which makes SV AoE amazing on a big pack of mobs.
    U'll still use AiS only(!) on haste effects/procs, it will increase our dps but i can't see it a major buff.. i guess we'll need to wait and see when more info will come from the PTR.

U'll still use AiS only(!) on haste effects/procs, it will increase our dps but i can't see it a major buff.. i guess we'll need to wait and see when more info will come from the PTR.
    Actually, the cast time on AiS will be at about a 1.6 second cast time with the 4 piece going into 5.2 so it will be perfectly viable even when you drop the 4 piece and then it will be at about 1.8 seconds. So even then you'd be able to cast it because it does more damage than 2 arcane shots in a smaller time frame. When we get the t15 4 piece then I'm not sure what we'll have to do since it can only proc off of AS and MS.

Edit: also with the glyph of liberation thing, I can think of a number of fights where I don't disengage when i'm at <100% hp. So on some fights it could free up a glyph slot.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-17 at 10:45 AM.

MM have a huge community and right now its not being played and that is a fact u cant argue with facts.. 2.5 cast time on AiS won't make it competetive, i am playing in an HM guild and i right now i can't play the spec i like to play.

I'm not under the impression the "class x has y i need to get it too" AE dmg is a basic thing all dps specs should have and it needs to be decent(its not a utility), its fine that multi-doters excel on multi-target fights or spec X/Y have better AOE i get that. but in fact All specs are way better then BM/MM in AOE and i don't want to be forced to play SV in a multi-target fights, its just sucks when u're AE dmg is low, just saying it can use a little buff that will make it decent. after all its just playing with numbers for the devs not a huge effort.
    You're playing the spec which you do better dps with as opposed to the spec that you like playing the most.

Welcome to HM raiding. Enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You're playing the spec which you do better dps with as opposed to the spec that you like playing the most.

Welcome to HM raiding. Enjoy your stay.
    so leave MM as it is and let the spec die. gg

so leave MM as it is and let the spec die. gg
    Every patch has a FotM. MM is not going to die. It's just not king this patch. Maybe it will be the next.

What were BM hunters doing in Cata? QQing. What did SV hunters do when they found out BM was going to be single target king this patch? QQ (myself included)

As long as you enjoy the hunter playstyle it shouldn't really matter. If you absolutely detest SV and BM though, it might be a good time to reroll. You can always come back later.

Every patch has a FotM. MM is not going to die. It's just not king this patch. Maybe it will be the next.

What were BM hunters doing in Cata? QQing. What did SV hunters do when they found out BM was going to be single target king this patch? QQ (myself included)

As long as you enjoy the hunter playstyle it shouldn't really matter. If you absolutely detest SV and BM though, it might be a good time to reroll. You can always come back later.
    I love everything about hunters, and from what I can see, it looks like all 3 specs will be balanced. SV will be the spec we choose for aoe fights/multi-dot though. That said, I don't care what spec is the fotm

There is a difference between a "king" spec then a spec which no1 play and as i said it dosent require a hard work to make it balanced just a few % here and there thats what upsets me. i don't like the 'magic' SV concept i'd like to see it more a 'Poisioner' & 'Fire' spec ,BM is nice and i enjoy it but i've been playing MM since wotlk and i really enjoyed it its just shame its so low nowdays when it takes just a small effort to fix it.

Also:

The patch notes def still need work. I just wanted to finally push some more updates out. Still more to come!
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym

Don't worry more changes are on the way. Hopefully some good hunter related changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Also:

The patch notes def still need work. I just wanted to finally push some more updates out. Still more to come!
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym

Don't worry more changes are on the way. Hopefully some good hunter related changes.
    he said the same exact thing every other patch and nothing changed...

MM is actually better than you think, it just relies on gear like it always has. Once you get good gear, you single target is just slightly behind BM if played right. Dont say a spec is terrible if you haven't played it at all this expansion.