Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think they should make a religion subsection and let people talk about religion and make a whole new set of religion mods that just start banning when you start insulting people soley in that forum. It would clear out quite a bit of the population...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Honestly I haven't really looked at GenOT much lately. Not really many topics that interest me and even I have better things to do than shove the same old shit around in the 300+ page monsters there.
    It's because all that people care about is guns, guns and even more guns lately =/

I'd go into Laize's feminism thread but Semaphore vs The World is not as hot without Michael Cera or Ramona Flowers.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I think they should make a religion subsection and let people talk about religion and make a whole new set of religion mods that just start banning when you start insulting people soley in that forum. It would clear out quite a bit of the population...
    Yes but after one day it'll just be repeating the exact same stuff ad nauseum anyway.

The problem is that people aren't creative about starting new topics! Get cracking, you!

I'm not a fan of banning any topic on a discussion forum, honestly. But I guess it does get tiresome for the mod team to have to constantly weed out the trolls and assholes from the more controversial topics.

I don't think banning politics would really do anything; they'd still get discussed and it'd just result in derailed threads.
    I dunno, as someone thats studied Govt&Politics what I see on this forum is an abomination to me

Maybe not fully ban it, but infract stupid people! That way they'll learn to stop being stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's because all that people care about is guns, guns and even more guns lately =/

I'd go into Laize's feminism thread but Semaphore vs The World is not as hot without Michael Cera or Ramona Flowers.
    Aww, you're hot enough! Feminism threads on the internet tend to turn into the same crap, anyway - either everyone circlejerking about how ridiculous society is, or a bunch of Neanderthals regurgitating memes in the desperate hope that someone - anyone - will actually like them, if even for just a moment.

Yes but after one day it'll just be repeating the exact same stuff ad nauseum anyway.

The problem is that people aren't creative about starting new topics! Get cracking, you!
    A religion subforum would probably turn into r/athiesm.

/shudder
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

At least most of the feminism/male rights threads have more of the reasonable posters that even though are in strong disagreement, know how to reasonably debate something. This thread so far is a compilation of every poster that realistically I should have put on ignore months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    At least most of the feminism/male rights threads have more of the reasonable posters that even though are in strong disagreement, know how to reasonably debate something. This thread so far is a compilation of every poster that realistically I should have put on ignore months ago.
    To me it just seems like when the usual suspects in feminism/equality threads finally accept that their viewpoints might be a touch incorrect, it turns into a circlejerk of "do you see how unfair this is?" "omg totally!" repeated for however many pages until it's time to scream about gun laws again.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

To me it just seems like when the usual suspects in feminism/equality threads finally accept that their viewpoints might be a touch incorrect, it turns into a circlejerk of "do you see how unfair this is?" "omg totally!" repeated for however many pages until it's time to scream about gun laws again.
    Perhaps, mostly I just see Laize, Wells, Semaphore and Kasiereth in them though. Either that or its selective memory, I just block out the other posters.

At least most of the feminism/male rights threads have more of the reasonable posters that even though are in strong disagreement, know how to reasonably debate something
    Who? Heretics!

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, mostly I just see Laize, Wells, Semaphore and Kasiereth in them though. Either that or its selective memory, I just block out the other posters.
    Well, yeah, but except for Laize, Wells, Kasierith, and Beavis all of the really smart GenOT responders that I enjoy reading are all already here doing silly shit in this thread, so why even bother checking GenOT?

Who? Heretics!
    True, you're not a reasonable debater at all!

Well, yeah, but except for Laize, Wells, Kasierith, and Beavis all of the really smart GenOT responders that I enjoy reading are all already here doing silly shit in this thread, so why even bother checking GenOT?
    Haha good point. I do wish we had some good topics going on in GenOT.

10+ Year Old Account

I already know Kasierith and Beavis have actual personalities and senses of humor. I'm told Laize and Wells aren't actually competing AIs, but finding out that they're people with senses of humor and, like... day jobs and shit would just turn my world upside down.

Like discovering that sporespore is an actual person and is actually pretty cool, only amplified.

Hee hee, one of my favouritist movies. ^_^

Well I for one am happy to see you all over here. Blunts the annoyance of mornings in general, a cold, being cold, my desk top graphics card dying phone apparently being a diva and not wanting to send my MMO-C posts. I've only been awake 2 hours.

Edit: And now apparently I'm using my fiancee's MMO-C profile.... FFS. BRB as Dyra.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

To be fair the Warhammer 40k thread has an amazingly humorous video in it.

Yeah, Sema was one of those people that really rubbed me the wrong way at first. But that was probably my own fault as well a bit, I calmed down my own posting and started looking at things differently.

Laize and Wells bring a lot of facts with them (although Laize annoyed me the other day described Wells as young and therefore inexperienced at 24/25, while is only actually approaching 30 himself. Im sorry approaching 30 isnt experienced in any sense of the word )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Hee hee, one of my favouritist movies. ^_^

Well I for one am happy to see you all over here. Blunts the annoyance of mornings in general, a cold, being cold, my desk top graphics card dying phone apparently being a diva and not wanting to send my MMO-C posts. I've only been awake 2 hours.
    These knuckleheads sure make my work day go by faster, that's for sure. Except for that semaphore character, it's more like passing gravel with her :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Edit: And now apparently I'm using my fiancee's MMO-C profile.... FFS. BRB as Dyra.
    Holy shizzle, reported for account sharing!

These knuckleheads sure make my work day go by faster, that's for sure. Except for that semaphore character, it's more like passing gravel with her :-/
    Lots of experience passing gravel?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can commiserate with your PC crapping out. Just built mine like not even two months ago and it's acting like the PSU may be trying to crap out on me. Seasonic's good for the replacement, but god I do not want to have to un-do my cable fu.

That, and probably a week without a computer at home >_<

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Lots of experience passing gravel?
    Taco Bell isn't healthy food, ok?

I am reason itself!

Go make one
    But not now so I don't spend the entire day in it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shizzle, reported for account sharing!
    ;_;

I didn't mean to! I swear! All my other computers aren't playing with me, so I'm on the lap top we share. I forgot he was the last to use it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.