Deleted

Timers have too big of an influence on players

Hi,

I wanted to ask you guys about your experiences in battlegrounds.

I have noticed that since the 20min timer(already quite some years) in Warsong Gulch and the Reinforcements in Alterac Valley that for both Horde and Alliance the intention to fight back has been lost.

I notice that in Warsong Gulch when we are down 2-0 that nobody wants to fight back and simply wants to lose fast(this annoys me cause I always want to win and am farming for Justicar title).

When it comes to AV, you simply have no chance that when Galv/Balinda is killed + 2 bunkers/towers down to make a comeback(it is possible but slightly HARDER then you think). The opposite faction simply fight you at the graveyard until the reinforcements have run out.

I know that Blizzard wants to speed these BG's up but......forfeiting to the opposite faction really is bad.....I mean this is World of WARcraft but it seems that in these bg's there is mostly not much of WARcraft left

There is no more chance in making a 3-2 comeback after being down by 2 and I know that there are atleast 100.000 members here who have regurarly won it this way, same goes for AV.....

Deleted
    Because the old system of 8 hour WSG mid-field battles were WAY better.

Deleted
    I prefer that instead of quick losing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    I prefer that instead of quick losing
    You are trying to farm rep, but you rather play 1 match that can last for hours instead of just losing quick and hoping you'll have a better group the next match?

Also, there is no fun in being graveyard camped for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    i miss those.
    timers are dumb.

the problem i've noticed in av is that horde will zerg to the end because they would rather have a short loss then a long victory. a winning horde turtle takes about 20 minutes, where as a alliance win can take as little as 5 minutes.

why, people WHY?! if you didn't enjoy random bgs why did you queue them?!
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    No but the 8+ hour AVs WERE way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't comment on AV at the moment because it has been permanently blacklisted since the feature was implemented.

WSG however, I am glad that they reduced the time. I can normally tell within 1 min how the match will go and if it looks like we will be stomped, I would rather lose quick and move on. Rarely have I seen a comeback from 2-0 down, it happens, but not often enough. I know that many people are of the "never give up" mindset but unfortunately I am a realist and most of the time it is better to cut your losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    Hi,

I wanted to ask you guys about your experiences in battlegrounds.

I have noticed that since the 20min timer(already quite some years) in Warsong Gulch and the Reinforcements in Alterac Valley that for both Horde and Alliance the intention to fight back has been lost.

I notice that in Warsong Gulch when we are down 2-0 that nobody wants to fight back and simply wants to lose fast(this annoys me cause I always want to win and am farming for Justicar title).

When it comes to AV, you simply have no chance that when Galv/Balinda is killed + 2 bunkers/towers down to make a comeback(it is possible but slightly HARDER then you think). The opposite faction simply fight you at the graveyard until the reinforcements have run out.

I know that Blizzard wants to speed these BG's up but......forfeiting to the opposite faction really is bad.....I mean this is World of WARcraft but it seems that in these bg's there is mostly not much of WARcraft left

There is no more chance in making a 3-2 comeback after being down by 2 and I know that there are atleast 100.000 members here who have regurarly won it this way, same goes for AV.....
    I was in an AV yesterday, infact where we killed Bal, Ally killed Galv and downed our first two towers. We end up in a turtle with zero towers capped to their two, and came back to capped SHB late in the game and win. It's possible if your team is smart.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.