Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Return of BC BS Specilization Weapons!

Latest additions, profession tab via WoWhead.

Every stage of the Burning Crusade blacksmithing weapon specialization weapons seems to have returned in the form of replica-style equipment.

And the mat costs seem ludicrously high. No word as to how they bind this time.

Also, from the looks of things, you will still have to upgrade the lower-level versions into the better ones.

So for your Lionheart Executioners, expect to have to spend three times the typical mat cost to get it fully upgraded.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Maybe the mat cost is ludicrous as a tribute to the ludicrous mat cost they had back in BC?

As an obsessive mat collector I'm just thrilled they're back in the game at all :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I may need to level blacksmithing again

Well, at least they're expensive enough

As it happens I still have a dragonstrike in the bank on my rogue. Might be nice now my DK is going BS to see what looks nice on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

they have already announce that some unobtainable items for transmog will return and those items contain word REBORN. couldnt it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    they have already announce that some unobtainable items for transmog will return and those items contain word REBORN. couldnt it be?
    That's exactly what it is, any amount of sense dictates.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Was going to get all excited for my shaman, but I realized there's 0 pve maces in this tier . God damn orc bias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Was going to get all excited for my shaman, but I realized there's 0 pve maces in this tier . God damn orc bias.
    Like bows, Xbow and Guns they make maces, swords and axes being able to transmog to each other in a future patch.
    Then they just need to make it the same way with Fists and Polearms.

Most shaman agi weapons are Fists..

10+ Year Old Account
    We need the armor as well! Might not be anywhere near as popular but there was an Armor-spec!

/very happy to see these return.

Really hoping they're BoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Those Lightning Ingots...

Are they on a cooldown to create, like Living Steel? Or not?

Wondering if it's worth levelling extra blacksmiths on my alts. Or just stacking ghost iron.

EDIT: Oh balls, BoP. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Those Lightning Ingots...

Are they on a cooldown to create, like Living Steel? Or not?

Wondering if it's worth levelling extra blacksmiths on my alts. Or just stacking ghost iron.

EDIT: Oh balls, BoP. Never mind.
    wowhead says it's BoP and 1 per day... will take some time to make ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    I'm so very glad I kept both my Lionheart Executioner and my Stormherald on my Warriors. Yes, I maxed two Warriors in TBC, maxed Blacksmithing twice, and picked a different Weaponsmithing Specialization for both.

Although I think I've got all recipes on both Warriors since the specializations were removed at some point, but they didn't remove the vendor-learned recipes, or something. I'd have to check that.

Very glad I kept both nonetheless.

Hopefully the reborn weapons won't be BoP, else the only character I have that will get one would be my paladin, who has yet to reach 90...

I kept Stormherald on my warrior after changing from BS to engineering at the end of BC. It's still my favorite 2h mace transmog. Hopefully the reborn weapons are boe or boa so I can have the Lionheart Executioner on my warrior, perhaps a Dragonstrike too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Hopefully the reborn weapons won't be BoP, else the only character I have that will get one would be my paladin, who has yet to reach 90...

I kept Stormherald on my warrior after changing from BS to engineering at the end of BC. It's still my favorite 2h mace transmog. Hopefully the reborn weapons are boe or boa so I can have the Lionheart Executioner on my warrior, perhaps a Dragonstrike too.
    back in bc on my pally, i had both the lionheart executioner and stormherald as i would switch between both because 1. i was bored 2. would test them out when raiding with my group.

i vendored stormherald and dragonstrike (just made it to make it back then...no use for prot pally back then)...and then vendored them. thank god i can get them back now...and thank god i horde things like you wouldn't believe.

over 150 bars of trillium and as of right now...on my warrior who is also a miner...i can make over 300 ghost iron bars. now, it's the harmony...ugh...at least i started working on my farming to get those.

oooo. i'm still a swordsmith from bc, and i have all the sword patterns. does this mean i can now make the mace and axe specialization weapons now?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Cool to see them make a comeback, still have the "Lionheart executioner" i put together waaaaay back in BC, but it's nice to see the BC-BoP-2Hs make a comeback, love the designs back then...

Deleted
    I reckon these will retain the models of their originals from TBC but we updated with level 90 stats, possibly 483 ilvlish? They did say after all that "raid-worthy weapons" would be craftable this patch.

Whoops. Just went back to read the original message and it says "items", not specifically weapons. Was hoping that material cost could be offset by actually being more than cosmetic :<
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2013-01-17 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lionheart /droolz

Feel cheated actually

Got all these patterns then they all got ripped away now are being returned at stupid mat requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    Feel cheated actually

Got all these patterns then they all got ripped away now are being returned at stupid mat requirements
    the mats requirements in BC were also really stupid...but you could use the items. if it's just for transmog...that's a little bit disappointing.

like, primal might out the @@@ khorium...which wasn't the easiest thing to find...especially with everyone farming every spot you wanted to farm.

to be honest...the most annoying thing i see right now is the spirit of harmony thing....i just made that 2h axe and sold it...but used up 5 spirit of harmony...so that is kind of a kick in the balls. Now i just have to farm and do all that great stuff to get those harmony back.