Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I thought they never had any intent of applying the division format to basketball though. Even the SEC ditched theirs.
    Good I was too lazy to go see if it was set up like that at all in the current format. With there being a tourney each year though that determines the B1G winner I guess divisions don't make sense anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fucking god: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ium=socialflow

The whole Te'o's girlfriend dying thing was fake. I think I am past the point of rage right now. Like seriously. Talk bout completely turning my opinion on a player and a man. If this is true then just yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is some fucked up shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say, and still mildly confused.

Oh well another reason why long distance relationships are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Notre Dame and Te'o have both came out to say he was the victim of a hoax (Catfish!). But every interview they play of him he talks like he has met her and knows her in person, talks to her on the phone, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how far will Oregon drop without Kelly? I'm predicting a bit, and I think their preseason ranking (yeah, yeah, I know) will reflect that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So how far will Oregon drop without Kelly? I'm predicting a bit, and I think their preseason ranking (yeah, yeah, I know) will reflect that.
    Probably below top 10 for now. With the way the rankings go, if they do ok and continue their great seasons, shouldn't affect them too much. Keep in mind I'm a major Oregon fan (just for perspective).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Notre Dame and Te'o have both came out to say he was the victim of a hoax (Catfish!). But every interview they play of him he talks like he has met her and knows her in person, talks to her on the phone, etc.
    This just sounds bad. Nothing about his statement says anything about finding the truth. Just saying that he wants to put it behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I hope not much. Every Husky fan in Washington is cheering right now and its getting annoying. Would make me lol if they were still top 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Oh my fucking god: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ium=socialflow

The whole Te'o's girlfriend dying thing was fake.
    Fucking hell. I'm speechless.

This press conference is just a bunch of bullshit now.

"What do you say to the reports of them meeting?"

"Well, he explained those to me and I'll let him explain those reports himself at a later time. But their relationship was exclusively online."

Edit:

Oh god, they just said that the meetings Te'o was referring to were online meetings. They should just give up and admit he made it all up.
    Last edited by Killer52431; 2013-01-17 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except...wasn't the first-hand experience that they met eachother by being locked in eye contact, he shook her hand, etc?

This is god awful

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Except...wasn't the first-hand experience that they met eachother by being locked in eye contact, he shook her hand, etc?

This is god awful
    Exactly. The athletic director said Te'o will be clearing that up when he's ready.

I, for one, can't wait until Te'o's conference on this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:29 AM ----------

And there's a plot twist now. Apparently Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback has met Manti's girlfriend before.

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax - it's towards the end

Who does that, what the fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the best sports story ever. This is the perfect mix of TMZ nonsense and actual human interest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Manti is expected to do a one-on-one interview today with a single TV reporter per Pat Forde.

hey denver might be able to pick him up in the draft now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Manti is expected to do a one-on-one interview today with a single TV reporter per Pat Forde.
    Looks like it got canceled already.

Speaking of Forde, he's usually unapologetically snarky (in a good way, I usually love his style) but in this case says he buys what Swarbrick is saying in his latest piece. I certainly don't at this point in time, but Forde makes one point that gives me pause:

It would take a remarkable level of naiveté to be sucked in by the perpetrators of this hoax, but Te'o could be that guy. At the risk of stereotyping, I'll offer this conjecture: Te'o is a Mormon, and there are a lot of LDS members who lack significant romantic experience when entering young adulthood. Courtship might have been a novel and/or highly idealized concept. Physical interaction might not have been at the top of his relationship wish list.
    Even if I try to view the situation through that filter though, it still leaves way too much unanswered at this point. Namely, all the bullet points in this new piece at USA Today.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm really glad he didn't win the Heisman.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obligatory meme makes its debut.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    The obligatory meme makes its debut.
    And here I thought this couldn't get any better. This story is seriously the best.

I wish we had the internet for the OJ trial. The glove don't fit memes. OMG would they have been the best.