Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    The Legendary quests, with associated plot advancement, have been a great experience so far in MoP. Working fine.

My thought bubble: I think it is a bit sad when people talk about themselves in the third person.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

They're just gems, dude. Real powerful gems, but just... gems

Feast for the Casuals. Imho its great game design to hype up legendarys over years and make them realtively easy to optain in the end. This is an constant developement over the years / TF, Sulf, Atiesh : Close to impossible to obtain within the actual content, very hard afterwards / Glaives, starfury: still hard to get but not as tough as the previous ones / this lousy hammer, shadow: not to hard to get, possible to archive in time with a "good" raiding guildm bit of a longterm grind with a descent one. / Staff, Daggers: easy to obtain in time with a descent game. flooding all realms after content nerfs already a big joke.
    TL ; DR: Legendarys became less and less hard to obtain and partially even more easy to obtain than certain Epics so this is just the ongoing developement and great design because people are still hyped about even if theres no real reason for. If you ask me i fucking hate it, give me back my atiesh 0,001% of all people can get it style of super elitist stuff :<

At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.
    But legnedarys do get out of hand near the end of EVERY xpac tho....soooo.. its not so lenegdary, maybe mid tier like in firelands but as soon as those people get their legnedarys they're poached by better guilds since they'll do more dps than normal raiders.

At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.
    You're just shifting goal posts now because you don't have a solid argument.

Sure, a lot of people are going to have legendary gems, and a bunch will have the legendary meta gem, but you have no way of knowing how the final piece will be made available and you're just shouting that the sky is falling before knowing anything about it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Prestige and honour? Oh shut it honestly. Pretty much all Legendaries are nothing but a symbol of lucky RNG. Nothing more, nothing less....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Tbh they stopped being true legendaries once RNG no longer was how to obtain them.
    Nowadays you just follow the quest line and you get a legendary in a few months. Shadowmourne ruined it all.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it.?
    Everyone can get legendary since the start of the game, well at least the classes that is allowed to use it.
    The point of legendary is lot of work needed, and it is still the same now.
    Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now
    Blizzard said before there is LFR version, normal version, and heroic version.
    Just like any other raid item it should at very least have different color for each tier, that is the "prestige and honor" for the special snowflakes.

I personally like raid wide legendary progression. No more guild drama around who gets to be the special snowflake.

A "legend" is something memorable. In the case of wow, it is something that invokes game lore. Making it exclusive to those who are able to capitalize on the labor of others puts the fun of many players to the interest of others. Cataclysm gave guilds rewards and guild masters lots of resources and power, but it didn't work out. Too many players became elitist and exploitative in the interest of progress and legendary gear. The game is democratized now, and you're just going to have to accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Prestige and honour? Oh shut it honestly. Pretty much all Legendaries are nothing but a symbol of lucky RNG. Nothing more, nothing less....
    Ateish would like to have a word with you.

Twin Glaives of Azzinoth would like to have a word with you.

Thoridal would like to have a word with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post
    I like this new system more. I work to earn my own legendary, not for some other dude that's been nominated by the higher-ups. I get to experience a bit of lore, some questing, and earn a decent reward in the process, and this makes the game much more fun to me.

I hope they keep it this way. Wow may be a MMORPG, but sometimes you just have to experience your own adventure.
    Qft, however I don't think it should be legendary it should just be epic. Imo legendary weapons shouldn't even be in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possessing a Legendary item in WoW does not make you Legendary in RL so what is the big issue here?

Frankly, I like this system they're doing where it's one long journey through the entire expansion, mostly focusing on the individual's work, with some group work here and there. That's what they should be. A reward for the individual, after put through a long trial. Not something the group earns, and an individual gets at random or whatever.

That being said, this is just an extension of "Rare isn't rare" "Epic isn't Epic" and so on.

pretty certain the weapon will require the gem, the eye and the crown of heavens

Meaning there won'T be that many people having it and farming it will be a fucking chore

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    most of my 10 man had a legendary it was a great time :O all staffs and one dagger which was me destroying the place utterly hahah no really a legendary isn't suppose to be common It was actually silly.

[QUOTE=Jaylock;19880697]In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    Can I have your profile? Like I'm just curious to see how good you are
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-17 at 06:57 PM.

It's Orange, therefore it is a legendary.

Deleted
    I like this new way better then any of the old ways of getting a legendary. Especially since it seems to span the entire expansion.

On a side note, i think its gonna be a pain to do the MoP legendary quests during the next expansion haha. Grinding sigils (without LFR for extra ones), capping valor for 6 weeks after that, and god knows what else they have you do in the coming patches haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries have not been prestigious since maybe Val'nyr or Shadowmourne. Cata top end guilds poached legendary staff owners in attempts pad their numbers for when DS launched. My server had one guild alone that had 4 Caster staffs first week of DS, and 6 by the end of the 3rd. You can't define legendary as being orange cause its rare, its Orange cause it took a long time to get, and the effort of a group, which for all we know MOP Legendary will be the same. Orange gem =/= legendary item. Heck, far less people are finishing this phase of the quest line than the first phase due to the 6k vp grind. So whats to say that the next phase wont be far more time consuming, thus eliminating even more. We can try reason with you Jaylock, but I am sure you will just stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalala", that is how most of your threads go anyways.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

The glaives and Thori'dal were the best examples of RNG, since they were just drops. They didn't even involve a long quest chain, all it took to get Glaives and Thori'dal was PURE LUCK... Jeesh, worst examples ever....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Glaives and Thori'dal were pure expressions of RNG. Kill boss, roll dice, get legendary or get nothing.

And Atiesh was the very thing you don't like, a fairly straightforward legendary. The only thing that kept it rare was releasing it at nearly the end of the expansion.