Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    DR's would like to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    The spell only has a small radius. Any decent DK would run out and cast ranged spells, or switch target of course.
    Unless they put the debuff ON the DK..... try running out of that. RoP can be targeted to yourself, an ally, or an enemy player.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:24 PM ----------

Why would you cast it on an enemy target in the scenarioes the OP described?
    Because you are guaranteed of stopping that player that just popped all their cooldowns from doing anything if you cast it on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Because you are guaranteed of stopping that player that just popped all their cooldowns from doing anything if you cast it on them.
    Did you even read the opening post before randomly replying to a post? I am perfectly aware of how Ring of Peace works. I was simply poiting out the flaws in the potential "exploits" the OP mentioned...

Did you even read the opening post before randomly replying to a post? I am perfectly aware of how Ring of Peace works. I was simply poiting out the flaws in the potential "exploits" the OP mentioned...
    Yeah, and in his scenarios one of them specifically talks about casting it nonstop on an EFC... I think we all agreed that the amount of coordination and what you would lose in team comp is not worth the effort and I was merely pointing out some flawed ideas about how RoP works and how it would or would not completely shut down some classes. Don't be so angry, it is supposed to be a discussion about stuff that may or may not go live and you are treating it as a personal insult...

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Imagine a Warrior or Feral CD stacking while you get RoP-bombed on by a shadow blades dancing rogue. Literally 0 chance to survive unless you're a paladin with bubble.
    JUST KIDDING, Feral gets instant shattering throw from warriors via symbiosis! lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoez View Post
    JUST KIDDING, Feral gets instant shattering throw from warriors via symbiosis! lolololol
    That's changed in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    That's changed in 5.2.
    To just have a 1.5 second cast time... oh noes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    To just have a 1.5 second cast time... oh noes!
    The only time a Feral would take Shattering Throw over Bubble in Kittycleave was against Mages / Paladins who they were hoping they could burst down. There's no point having 2 casted shattering throws. It's much better for the Feral to have bubble.

So yes, it having a 1.5 second cast time actually changes a lot. It's now always better for the Feral to symbiosis the Pala instead of the Warrior. (Not that Feral/Warrior will be a top-tier comp by any means next season).

Apparently the OP has never heard of DRs...

Also Boomkin Solarbeam = Monk ring. Before the rage of "NOT TRU! IT DISARMZ TOO!!11!!111one!", need I remind any of you about this seasons favorite play style of Dk grip + Solarbeam + Ring of Frost / Warrior fear / Psyfiend?

i'm playing WW pvp and this spell seems way more than we deserve, i'm thinking maybe exclude the player it's cast on, so you can't just throw it on the healer as an 8 sec blanket silence, wich blizzard told us they didn't like, and removing from my mage it would make it more interesting to use, and maybe not so ridiculously OP. i'm seing myself cast it on my own healer if he's getting roflstomped by 2 meles, or maybe even on myself while my healer is CCd without trinket, or myself while i'm trying for a switch kill on their healer etc. would make it more fun, and maybe not stupid mindless OP? any1 agree or thoughts?

Deleted
    The ring placed on anything will NOT trigger DR.

Only the effects on enemy targets will trigger a DR, the ring itself will keep the same amount of uptime on the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Apparently the OP has never heard of DRs...
    You're making yourself look stupid

sure you might have your 40 sec of disarm in WSG> but what your going to do with your 5 monks after that?

Hope next ring goes for arcane mages.

Ring of Reupulsion: Enemies cannot enter the ring, and all party and raid members within it ara inmune to silence and interrupt effects. Lasts 6 seconds.

Put a ring on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I cant believe this spell is still here. It just screams overpowered D:
    It's the only thing monk have to show in any kind of rated pvp. Right now, monks as well as ret palas get laughed at when asking for a spot in an rbg or a serious arena team, because they got nothing to contribute, no gimmick that makes ppl fear them.
    Last edited by mmoca71904de22; 2013-01-22 at 03:19 PM.