Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ET on the Atatri 2600 >.>

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Now this is what I call hard! I could get half way in Battletoads and Lost Levels but this game I couldn't beat a single stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Only the parrot part was extremely difficult, but the rest was doable. It was difficult because it was easy to die, and you had to restart the level all over again:

[video=youtube;EKq8r-HtpY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKq8r-HtpY0[video]

Even if you finished the parrot part... there was still a good change that you die at the spider part >.<
    Oh god, thank you for bringing back bad memories. Loved the game, but that stage, and any other bird stage really. Hated those. Screech's Sprint, a race, really?

I don't have anything to add that comes to mind. Tubular was terrible, and I remember spending days trying to clear it. Oddly enough, the rest of the secret levels weren't that bad. Water Temple, yes. Really, any water stage in any game ever. Every stage in Battletoads. I never finished that game. Never got past the snakes.

There's one stage in Donkey Kong for the Game Boy that I remember hating. You had to use the items given to you to get from the bottom to the top, so you basically had to create your own platforms. Took me forever to figure it out.

Oh, oh, oh, wait. Dungeon 7 in Link's Awakening. The one where you had to use the balls to destroy the tower supports. Fuck that place.

Deleted
    There's one in the Genghis Khan campaign on Age of Empires 2 which my 10 year old self could never get past. I rolled over everything else but invading China I could not do. Jin builds a wonder, Green has a big-ass wall in your path and the rest just constantly attack you and you start with like 15 units to kill Blue with and take their base. Even the Barbarossa one when you find yourself in the deepest end of the barrel fighting the Italians and your supposed ally is easier.

Deleted
    I really think people confuse hard with time consuming :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Also, Tubular is easily cheesed if you use Blue Yoshi.
    To be fair, EVERYTHING is cheesed if you use Blue Yoshi (at least everything outdoors) because Blue Yoshi is OP as shit.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Some smurf game with way too many levels I used to play when I was ten on my gameboy pocket. You only had a handful of lives and then it was game over from the beginning (like a lot of games back then) so I made to the ice level for the third time (one of the last) and just before completing it a doom fish jumped out of the water and killed my last smurf... I then proceeded to have a mental breakdown and destroyed my gameboy on the spot. Most frustration I've ever felt in my entire life.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account
    the last stage of ikaruga

Deleted
    Im not saying it is the hardest level ever but when i was like four i beat the torture cells in Castlevania without ducking.
    If i remember correclty the spikes that one shoted you came down at random from the roof. When i heard you should duck i tried it out again and saw that you are not even supposed to finish it by dodging the spikes.

And those two assassins of Half Life really pissed me off for real.

And i remember as a child playing Yoshis Island and had a really hard problem beating a lava stage with a dog. Almost every special stage of the early Mario games gave me problems. But that dog.. i remember seeing his smile everytime i hit the lava.

I also had problems beating the princess ride stage under 21 seconds in Super Mario 64 at a very young age. Took me like 100 tries and then i were just lucky, i jumped off the ledge and fell down on my butt and beat it with one split second. I can beat it in the first try now tho.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    I really think people confuse hard with time consuming :/
    Well, if it's hard it can be time consuming because you're just doing it over and over a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfecting the song Pieces on Gorilla Mode on Donkey Konga 2. I can still remember the chorus 8 years later..

Deleted

Looking back, this guy makes it seem facile like he's messing around at first. I used to find this level very frustrating when I played it in my youth.

And you can probably guess from that that I never got very far with Super Mario Bros 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post

Now this is what I call hard! I could get half way in Battletoads and Lost Levels but this game I couldn't beat a single stage.
    Hah, been so long since I thought of that game. It really was a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    [video=youtube;3uASo8LvLFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uASo8LvLFY[video]

Looking back, this guy makes it seem facile like he's messing around at first. I used to find this level very frustrating when I played it in my youth.
    That stage was a lot easier than he made it out to be. You could stand on the moving platform and throw the key onto the conveyor. As I mentioned above, 5-10 was more a pain. This guy uses some kind of glitch I never knew about, but you get the idea of which stage it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylUGLZat8Os

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja Turtles for the NES. The underwater level with the electric weeds. >:[

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 02:59 PM ----------

Oh and Kid Icarus was hard as fuck too. I never beat the second level.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    the last boss in Lagoon
    I can't believe I forgot about this one. BRB CRYING IN SHOWER.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I gave up after days of trying to go through that damn Dam level of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES.
    i remember begging my older sister to beat it for me and i would almost cry when she wouldnt...

and contra is hard as shit.

10+ Year Old Account

This level made me want to punch something, spent hours on it and never got past the first stage. Not even worth attempting unless you can basically switch off all human instinct or have a one in a billion stroke of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post

This level made me want to punch something, spent hours on it and never got past the first stage. Not even worth attempting unless you can basically switch off all human instinct or have a one in a billion stroke of luck.

Yeah, and thats why I nominated "I wanna be the guy/I wanna be the guy gaiden" (what that level is a parody of) because it's just insanely fucking difficult lol.

But even that level is nothing, NOTHING compared to the game it's a parody of, I wanna be the Guy will make you want to murder people, it's that bad.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-01-18 at 02:45 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missailes View Post
    Garfield...
    That was the best 9:12 of my life lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.