Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

T14 Hardest Boss 10 Man?

We just downed Garalon on Normal, I just want to know what your opinion is regarding the most difficult boss? We had couple attempts at the Wind Lord and he didn't seem too bad, but I have no idea regarding the rest.

Edit: I meant Normal, sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Koca; 2013-01-17 at 08:47 PM.

Heroic Sha of Fear.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Heroic Sha of Fear.

/thread
    Not even close. Un'sok is the real boss of this raid tier.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Nice fact bro.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

0.53% is smaller then 2.62%

the hell, imperial viz'ir is 10 times harder than ambershaper on 10 heroic.

anyways normal mode? I'd say shek'zeer

Sha of fear is not hard on heroic compared to other heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    the hell, imperial viz'ir is 10 times harder than ambershaper on 10 heroic.

anyways normal mode? I'd say shek'zeer
    Current Zor'lok vs. current Un'sok? Not in my experience.

Then again, that's just my experience which is what the OP was looking for.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Nice fact bro.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

0.53% is smaller then 2.62%
    If you look at it that way, then there isn't any need to even have a discussion - Sha of Fear is the last boss guilds kill to complete normal modes.

If you've killed the previous 15 bosses, Sha of Fear isn't going to be a roadblock.

If you're progressing normally, I'd say Garalon is the hardest for his place in the content, maybe pre-nerf Elegon. There are definitely harder normal bosses (Shek'zeer, Sha of Fear, Amber-Shaper depending on your raid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    If you look at it that way, then there isn't any need to even have a discussion - Sha of Fear is the last boss guilds kill to complete normal modes.

If you've killed the previous 15 bosses, Sha of Fear isn't going to be a roadblock.

If you're progressing normally, I'd say Garalon is the hardest for his place in the content, maybe pre-nerf Elegon. There are definitely harder normal bosses (Shek'zeer, Sha of Fear, Amber-Shaper depending on your raid)
    agreed, our last boss kill in ds was madness, and no way was that the hardest fight.

for us in progression so far elegon was our only true cockblock, nothing held us back as much as that guy.

Deleted
    Amber-shaper I can imagine, since it requires everyone to be able to operate the vehicle mechanics. Or you can get lucky with rng and keep getting the people that know how to deal with it get transformed.
    Apart from that, sha is a slight step-up, but as said before, on normal the biggest road blocks are probably garalon and elegon.

Considering how many normal Elegon and Garalon help threads there were, those seemed to be the hardest for most. Amber-Shaper seems to be giving people trouble too.

As far as heroics, H Sha for sure. That boss was way harder than I anticipated. It's hard to get an understanding of its difficulty from kill videos. One subtle fuckup and you're done. Plus the fight lasts 15m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Considering how many normal Elegon and Garalon help threads there were, those seemed to be the hardest for most. Amber-Shaper seems to be giving people trouble too.

As far as heroics, H Sha for sure. That boss was way harder than I anticipated. It's hard to get an understanding of its difficulty from kill videos. One subtle fuckup and you're done. Plus the fight lasts 15m+.
    I don't understand this, sha is in no way very hard. It's a heroic fight, so obviously if someone fucks up they die, but the mechanics are mind numbing easy to understand and deal with.

I would say Tsulong HC. This boss is just crap. The burst in 10man is so freaking huge >_<

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    I don't understand this, sha is in no way very hard. It's a heroic fight, so obviously if someone fucks up they die, but the mechanics are mind numbing easy to understand and deal with.
    Sure doesn't look like you've killed it (or even Empress). Like I said, I thought the same thing. I was wrong.

• You missed 2 orbs on your platform? Wipe.
    • Someone didn't get out for Dread Blossom in time? Wipe.
    • People ran over each other during Waterspout? Wipe.
    • Tank got unlucky on a Dread Thrash with no dodges or parries? Wipe.
    • Someone threw the ball too early and the adds didn't get grouped up for AoE so they lived too long? Wipe.
    • Someone threw the ball to the wrong person which resulted in more unnecessary throws and you take too many Spines? Wipe.
    • Someone got Huddle right next to an add and didn't throw the ball fast enough (<1s window)? Wipe.
    • Someone got RNG Spined 6 times in a global? Wipe.
    • Your DPS on the boss is a little low due to adds being spread too much and you end up getting a few waves of 7 adds? Wipe.

It's the hardest fight this tier. No question.

Sure doesn't look like you've killed it (or even Empress). Like I said, I thought the same thing. I was wrong.

• You missed 2 orbs on your platform? Wipe.
    • Someone didn't get out for Dread Blossom in time? Wipe. - Normal mechanic
    • People ran over each other during Waterspout? Wipe.
    • Tank got unlucky on a Dread Thrash with no dodges or parries? Wipe.
    • Someone threw the ball too early and the adds didn't get grouped up for AoE so they lived too long? Wipe. - Wrong, just switch earlier and burn them earlier.
    • Someone threw the ball to the wrong person which resulted in more unnecessary throws and you take too many Spines? Wipe. - Sounds like a personal braindead problem.
    • Someone got Huddle right next to an add and didn't throw the ball fast enough (<1s window)? Wipe. - The orb shouldn't even go to them wtf...?
    • Someone got RNG Spined 6 times in a global? Wipe.
    • Your DPS on the boss is a little low due to adds being spread too much and you end up getting a few waves of 7 adds? Wipe.

It's the hardest fight this tier. No question.
    I have killed it twice now o_O

Deleted
    amber shaper pre-nerf/fix

I have killed it twice now o_O
    If the guild you're recruiting for in your recent posts is not actually your guild, then I apologize.

If the guild you're recruiting for in your recent posts is not actually your guild, then I apologize.
    Those are very good friends of mine.

Those are very good friends of mine.
    And you're listed as an officer on their site. Right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    What? I mean yeah, Un'sok is an annoying boss for sure but harder than heroic Sha? Now i didn't find Sha to be an extremely difficult endboss, but yeah maybe you're talking about prefixed Un'sok.
    I would actually vote Garajal if you came into it severely undergeared like we did. We spent, by far, the most time on Garajal out of any boss this tier because our average item level was considerably lower than most other guilds. The amount of time it took on that boss still bothers me.