Hello, I am looking for some assistance on ways that I can increase my dps as a destro lock. I know it's not the ideal spec for raiding but I seem to get better result out of over the other specs. I definitely feel like I should be doing a lot more dps then I should be with my gear level. I have posted a log for a full clear of msv yesterday and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

armory link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Dinuthu/simple

World of logs link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kzjazldf8hdpykce/

P.s. The elegon pull was not pulled properly so I couldn't line up some of the cool downs properly for the boss. Thank you once again for all the feedback in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    So I don't want to SB:SS to refresh right before procs fall off? I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping haunt up no matter what, it isn't only supposed to be up while your dots are under the influence of some procs?

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
    No no no, when you DO have procs up you use Sb:SS to amke sure you have more time left over from your buffs to use MG + Haunt. Especially with DS and INT procs up you want to spend as much time channeling MG while you have Haunt up as you can. You should really watch the vid in the Affliction sticky, it will explain pretty much everything you need to know about Affliction basics. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pecific-Guides

ok i need a little help. I cant figure out for the life of me why i am not pulling higher numbers. I feel i should be. Here is a parse from last nights raid multiple bosses should be plenty of stuff.

ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/cn8h6od75lgu1cvy/

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Incarnite/simple

Hello,

I'm in need of quite a bit of general help. For months now I've been trying to figure out why my dps is so low for my gear. I've tried simcrafting, looking at warlock guides, watching warlock PoVs, other warlocks WoLs but I can't figure it out.

I think it's something to do with when and/or how I'm refreshing dots when intellect procs occur though I haven't pinpointed exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a WoL parse for the entirety of MSV HC and TotES normal with my guild: ht tp : / / w w w. wor ldoflogs. com /repo rts /kh7mri26iq yuzu37 /ran kinfo/
    (Note: This log is pretty old so my dps is lower than it is now - if I get a chance I'll upload a more recent log)

Here's my armoury: ht tp: / / eu. ba ttle. net /wow /en /character /quelthalas /Lichen /advanced
    (Note: I got new items recently so excuse the missing boot and bracer enchants)

Thank you in advance

Lichen - Quel'thalas EU

Oh and sorry I had to circumvent the url link ban on low post users but there's no other way that I can actually supply the logs/armoury link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    Hello,

I'm in need of quite a bit of general help. For months now I've been trying to figure out why my dps is so low for my gear. I've tried simcrafting, looking at warlock guides, watching warlock PoVs, other warlocks WoLs but I can't figure it out.

I think it's something to do with when and/or how I'm refreshing dots when intellect procs occur though I haven't pinpointed exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a WoL parse for the entirety of MSV HC and TotES normal with my guild: ht tp : / / w w w. wor ldoflogs. com /repo rts /kh7mri26iq yuzu37 /ran kinfo/
    (Note: This log is pretty old so my dps is lower than it is now - if I get a chance I'll upload a more recent log)

Here's my armoury: ht tp: / / eu. ba ttle. net /wow /en /character /quelthalas /Lichen /advanced
    (Note: I got new items recently so excuse the missing boot and bracer enchants)

Thank you in advance

Lichen - Quel'thalas EU

Oh and sorry I had to circumvent the url link ban on low post users but there's no other way that I can actually supply the logs/armoury link
    Why would you make the URLs as annoying as possible to format? Holy hell.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...zu37/rankinfo/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ichen/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Why would you make the URLs as annoying as possible to format? Holy hell.
    Because the first 3 times I spaced them out the forum was still picking up on them... There aren't THAT many spaces in there...

Deleted
    Have this log from yesterday
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=1500&e=1849

The thing i noticed myself is the low uptimes on dots, moved some stuff arround in UI and should have a better view of it now, anyone got any other pointers?

Also, would it be a good move to drop Alchemy for tailoring?

Deleted
    Hello fellow evil-doers!

I'm playing affliction and am sitting at 490 ilvl.
    I am looking to increase my DPS in general and am looking for any tips you guys might have.
    While knowing that I'm a capable player, I do think there's always room for improvement, so feel free to comment, would love some constructive criticism and/or advice.
    - Thank you in advance!

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Sm%C3%ADthereens/simple
    World of logs from last night: worldoflogs.com/reports/13nrq9pfxaruyykg/
    Last edited by mmoc031de2ece1; 2013-01-17 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    Judging by your name and guild I have to ask, were you previously from Lightning's Blade? I played DK in deliverance for a short while during wrath, pretty sure you were still playing warlock back then too! Back when servers used to have a community... Anyway I digress...

Back on topic - Armoury wise most of it looks good, you've chosen not to go for the hit cap which has been controversial, but in the recent thread titled "The current state of Affliction theorycrafting and guidelines for gearing", the general consensus is that as we are not machines, it is highly likely to be a dps loss to not hit cap, despite what simcraft may say. Also all the top warlocks from method/blood legion etc have always capped hit this expac, so it seems logical for us to do the same. To help with this, you can use Expertise/Mastery gems in place of Int/Mastery to help hit the cap, or just free up stats for more mastery/haste if you choose to remain under the cap. Your gear also mostly comes with a lot of crit, you've ended up with 2k rating even after reforging. In contrast I've managed to get mine down as low as 800.

You also haven't upgraded any of your gear, perhaps because you still had valor rewards you wanted, but RoY upgraded in particular is BiS until you obtain both heroic versions of LotC and EoT, so you will want to upgrade that as a priority. Having said all that, you definitely know your stuff and are on the right track, once you obtain some more gear with a heavier weighting of haste/mastery you should be able to go for the 6637 haste cap whilst still retaining >6k mastery, and I guarantee you will be topping the meters at the point, if you aren't already!

In terms of WoL I'll let someone else take a look at that in more depth, I only just started using that myself so the advice will likely be sub-par. Hope I managed to help!

15+ Year Old Account
    After some week of testing and now facing hm i would ask you some suggestions:

yesterday log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zgbgl09i4r2ailtu/
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gorthan/simple

I steel "feel" that i'm not performing at 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Judging by your name and guild I have to ask, were you previously from Lightning's Blade? I played DK in deliverance for a short while during wrath, pretty sure you were still playing warlock back then too! Back when servers used to have a community... Anyway I digress...
    Heya Liquid,
    I only quoted a small portion so it wouldn't clutter up the thread.
    Yes, I'm that Smithereens. Was in Caligula/Eloquentia, when they disbanded I moved to Deliverance and when they disbanded I moved to SeVeN.
    Which character was your main back then?

On topic, thank you so much for taking your time to look it over, I really appreciate it. Will try to aim at getting that trinket updated asap and see what I can do for my crit rating .

If anyone else has any useful information, please feel free to comment.

Deleted
    I just updated my post having had a look at your attempts on windlord, but it now seems to have been lost in the ether.

Anyway yes I remember Caligula, my character was a dwarf DK called Shunk, wasnt exactly a very vocal member so would be surprised if you remembered me.

Hopefully my edited post returns, if not, my main criticisms were that you should stop using the infernal in p1 as its damage is negligible, and instead switch to the doomguard in p2, the damage it does is nearly triple that of the infernal. Also, dont sac your pet until the first set of adds dies and you switch to single target. Sac gives no benefit to dots or SoC spam, and my voidwalker did over 2 million damage in that first phase. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Hopefully my edited post returns, if not, my main criticisms were that you should stop using the infernal in p1 as its damage is negligible, and instead switch to the doomguard in p2, the damage it does is nearly triple that of the infernal. Also, dont sac your pet until the first set of adds dies and you switch to single target. Sac gives no benefit to dots or SoC spam, and my voidwalker did over 2 million damage in that first phase. Hope this helps.
    Ah of course! Thank you so much, the thought about pets on that fight didn't even occur to me!
    Oh and, I do remember you, but from The Bretheren Court with Sam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithereensDK View Post
    Ah of course! Thank you so much, the thought about pets on that fight didn't even occur to me!
    Oh and, I do remember you, but from The Bretheren Court with Sam.
    Ah yeah The Brethren Court. Hmm getting big nostalgia waves, shame the server died such a painful death. Perhaps my favourite memory of LB was seeing that warrior Pearlsparrow and his naxxramas pugs pop up every night, or having that tank/healer BF/GF combo of looby and quissani (sp?) start drama once a week. Oh well, glad I could help!
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-01-17 at 08:40 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Deleted
    hi guys, I have recently started raiding (casually) again and I'm really struggling to rise above similar geared DPS in my guild. we have Sha and Empress left to clear on normal mode, I would appreciate if someone could check my parses and point me in the right direction; I'm not used to being mid-damage meter and I can't see where my problems are. I'm refreshing DoTs in Pandemic range under trinket and weapon procs, I'm saving Haunts for when I have empowered DoTs up, I don't let them fall off (maybe on Garalon).

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouserat/simple

here are my HoF logs over the last couple of days:

Vizier: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ce/?s=30&e=406

Blade Lord: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/

Garalon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2551&e=2945

Wind Lord: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7004&e=7414

also: on Wind Lord I kept having this INCREDIBLY annoying thing happen. I don't have Soul Swap glyphed, and when I would go to SB:SS to refresh dots on him, it's as if the SoC on the boss would consume the SB. I didn't get the benefit of an actual SB:SoC, it just soulswapped my DoTs off the boss so I would need to SS back onto a nearby mob, or rightclick the buff to remove it.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2013-01-18 at 12:25 PM.

I've gotten a handful of trinkets from boss drops and I've not been able to find a solid source to determine which I should be running with. Unless I'm just missing it, even the guides here don't go into much depth for gear. The only source I can really find for prioritizing them is AskMrRobot. Anyway, I'm ~ilvl 485 afflliction currently running with lfr Light of the cosmos (476), and Relic of Yu'lon (476). In my bags I have lfr Essence of Terror (483), and Snow Blossom (489). This is my raiding toon and our group is currently on normal difficulty. Any suggestions for which ones to use and why would be appreciated. Links to other sites I may be missing would be very helpful too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravydays View Post
    I've gotten a handful of trinkets from boss drops and I've not been able to find a solid source to determine which I should be running with. Unless I'm just missing it, even the guides here don't go into much depth for gear. The only source I can really find for prioritizing them is AskMrRobot. Anyway, I'm ~ilvl 485 afflliction currently running with lfr Light of the cosmos (476), and Relic of Yu'lon (476). In my bags I have lfr Essence of Terror (483), and Snow Blossom (489). This is my raiding toon and our group is currently on normal difficulty. Any suggestions for which ones to use and why would be appreciated. Links to other sites I may be missing would be very helpful too.
    This should answer all your questions
    darkcontent.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/5-1-warlock-trinket-ranking-based-on-stat-weights-with-reforges/

Also, check out the various SimCraft guides, as those will help you to determine it too.

Trying to figure out what I am missing. Specifically I feel I am messing up the opener as simC and many other lock's posts show a large spike at the start of the fight. Thus I must be doing something wrong. I pre-pot, pre-SB, hit DS, SS, Haunt and MG, then Haunt/MG till DS ends refreshing dots as needed.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Shintorg/simple
    WoL: worldoflogs.com/reports/330my7a48c43ac50/sum/damageDone/?s=5398&e=5906

We recently went from 10s to raiding 25s and the log was from a failed Protectors enrage wipe, but it's a good standstill fight we had no problems with on 10s. I am sure I can improve beyond the opener as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shintorg View Post
    Trying to figure out what I am missing. Specifically I feel I am messing up the opener as simC and many other lock's posts show a large spike at the start of the fight. Thus I must be doing something wrong. I pre-pot, pre-SB, hit DS, SS, Haunt and MG, then Haunt/MG till DS ends refreshing dots as needed.

We recently went from 10s to raiding 25s and the log was from a failed Protectors enrage wipe, but it's a good standstill fight we had no problems with on 10s. I am sure I can improve beyond the opener as well.
    If you want to improve the number you're making on the opener, use SB:SS to refresh your DoTs on the opener. It will also help you avoid things like this:
    [21:30:02.929] Shintorg's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Shintorg
    [21:30:04.031] Shintorg casts Agony on Protector Kaolan

Also, your spell order is not quite correct:
    [21:29:42.240] Shintorg gains Dark Soul: Misery from Shintorg
    [21:29:42.542] Shintorg casts Potion of the Jade Serpent

and you're also refreshing Haunt a little bit early:
    [21:29:46.591] Protector Kaolan afflicted by Haunt from Shintorg
    [21:29:50.820] Shintorg begins to cast Haunt

In general, keep track of your buffs a little bit better.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by shintorg View Post

before pull:

soulburn
    ~1.25s before pull: prepot and start casting haunt
    ~0s before pull: pop all trinkets/cds -> SS onto boss

mg until haunt is ~1.5-3s from falling off, OR one of your cds/procs is about to fall off

cast haunt, using sb+ss to refresh dots while haunt is in flight. the timing should work out such that your proc-based buffs (lightweave, jade spirit, etc) trigger before your opening cds (dark soul, blood fury, etc*) fall off, and after corruption/UA (and ideally, but not always, agony) have decayed past the pandemic threshold, so you can sb+ss your dots to max duration with full buffs and then ride out 30-34s of crazy agony damage. make sure you have a dot timer that allows you to see agony ticks in advance, so you can hold off on overwriting it until the second-to-last (or the last, if you have great ping and good reflexes) tick goes off if your current buffs are inferior.

*if you're an engineer, synapse springs is likely to fall off before all procs have triggered, and will fall off before agony goes below 50% duration, so it may be worth delaying synapse springs, depending on how much uninterrupted dps time you'll have (ie, can you tunnel the boss for the full duration of an extended agony? if so, delay, as 34s of synapse springs is better than 15s of synapse springs).

DG use is, of course, fight-specific.