Deleted

MM is it that bad ?

HEY guys just a quick question as the title says just wondering if mm is "that" bad, I'm going to level my hunter and I've always been drawn to MM don't know why just for me it feels more natural, now ill probably do a mix of lfr and possibly normal 10's and Ofc some PvP
    Is mm a capable spec in those environments or am I flogging a dead horse according to noxxic.com mm does realistically around 90k dps fprgivee for asking as ive not really raided properly but is th!t sufficient in the dps department ? Thanks for any repkys or advice you can give

Wikidsik

Deleted
    Depending on who you talk to, its either "Not bad, but the skill cap makes it harder to play optimally" to "Yeah, it sucks really bad. stick to BM with SV for AoE fights".

I don't do too badly running as MM on my newly 90 Hunter, but I do a bit better as BM, but then I always have played BM.

I'd give it a go & see for yourself.

Not really, no. It's very realistic to do 110-120k as MM with decent gear over a ~5-7min encounter.

Deleted
    I play Marksmanship in my free time (basically everything that isn't a serious raid) a Beast Mastery/Survival in raids. As someone before said it's going to depend who you talk to, but if you are talking to me I would say it really is that bad. It's quite a bit below Beast Mastery single target and isn't even remotely as good as Survival AoE or multi-dotting.

It does fine in PvP and it's fun to quest and do dungeons with. But if you want to raid, grab any of the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Not really, no. It's very realistic to do 110-120k as MM with decent gear over a ~5-7min encounter.
    please don´t say things if you dont have any proof, 120k MM in boss encounter over 5-7min? sorry but is imposible, 120k is the theoric dps of a mage full T14HC gear.

no its not, marks in ilvl 500 gear would be lucky to break 100k while having the heroic gun fully upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    please don´t say things if you dont have any proof, 120k MM in boss encounter over 5-7min? sorry but is imposible, 120k is the theoric dps of a mage full T14HC gear.
    Maybe he is talking about Elegon... that would be the only way I could see this as correct.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/w4jnzysea6s7lhpr/

I did this parse on 300 latency (~7k dps loss), playing as a Draenei (~1.5k dps loss), with the encounter ending in 4:30 minutes (i.e. right before the second readiness, stampede, etc). I'm about 7 item levels behind BiS gear and didn't even reforge haste. MM just simply isn't that bad.

I did this parse on 300 latency (~7k dps loss), playing as a Draenei (~1.5k dps loss), with the encounter ending in 4:30 minutes (i.e. right before the second readiness, stampede, etc). I'm about 7 item levels behind BiS gear and didn't even reforge haste. MM just simply isn't that bad.
    Nice DPS, shame that with that level of DPS you would have only made rank 215 as a BM spec considering BM are able to easily pull 120k on that boss, with the highest being around 140k or 150k.

And yet Marks still brings nothing else to the table. You get it now?

MM in my gear(495) on femaledwarf shows as 95k ish in a 7.5min fight. there is a big difference though between MM and Surv/BM. It's not a crap spec, just mediocre but who knows, next patch seems give it a slight improvement
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by bekiLL View Post
    Nice DPS, shame that with that level of DPS you would have only made rank 215 as a BM spec considering BM are able to easily pull 120k on that boss, with the highest being around 140k or 150k.

And yet Marks still brings nothing else to the table. You get it now?
    It would have been rank 40 as BM, and I don't care about the rank, it was just a parse to test single target. If I wanted to rank I'd go to the spirit realm.

Like I said, MM is slightly worse than SV and BM, but only by a couple percent. The rest is just dramatization because it's seriously underplayed.

It would have been rank 40 as BM, and I don't care about the rank, it was just a parse to test single target. If I wanted to rank I'd go to the spirit realm.

Like I said, MM is slightly worse than SV and BM, but only by a couple percent. The rest is just dramatization because it's seriously underplayed.
    its not a "couple percent" its roughly 10% which is too far behind for any legit progression guild to allow a hunter to be marks.

The short duration also means the initial CA phase and Bloodlust have less time to 'bleed out' over the duration of the encounter, giving you a lot more dps. A BM hunter bursts like crazy when you pop lust at the beginning (you didn't, I know). You don't seem to have pre-potted though, so there's that.

Also, I didn't know 300 latency meant that much potential dps loss lol (or maybe you're just exaggerating).... My out of raid latency is 300 ms and in raid it goes up to 1000 at times. Doesn't bother me much because I still beat all my guildies, but it's useful to know I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    The short duration also means the initial CA phase and Bloodlust have less time to 'bleed out' over the duration of the encounter, giving you a lot more dps.
    I don't think I agree here with the CA phase - it's the same relevant to the length of the encounter, ideally the CA phase would have been slightly longer so my cooldowns didn't outlast it. Bloodlust is true, but again getting a double RF at 5 minutes would have been better (as is the case for all hunter parses - killing the boss at 6:00 is better than killing it at 5:00. As you noticed no prepots.

Also, I didn't know 300 latency meant that much potential dps loss lol (or maybe you're just exaggerating).... My out of raid latency is 300 ms and in raid it goes up to 1000 at times. Doesn't bother me much because I still beat all my guildies, but it's useful to know I suppose.
    I did sims for every class and 200 latency is about 5% for hunters, 1% for some, 10% for others (lol ret). I just scaled from there. In any case it's a very flawed parse with a lot of room for improvement and even still it clearly shows MM is not much different to SV or BM.