Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Old god raid before SoO? Yes fucking please.

But of course this yawning chasm of darkness could be him speaking figuratively, and not literally, and that would suck.
    Last edited by kolston; 2013-01-17 at 05:26 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it pertains to the Old Gods as well and sort of have a theory. I think that this is the work of Y'shaarj and that each one of his seven heads is connected to one of the sha that he released on Pandaria. This means that there would have to be one more sha to make it seven and once we kill said sha, Y'shaarj will be reincarnated... It is kind of sketchy, but Blizz has done worse... This Old God raid could contain corrupted/ mc'd titans (like Ulduar) as well as other Old God supporters, with the 2nd to last boss being the 7th sha, and Y'shaarj afterwards to wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This was thousands of years ago though. Lei Shen founded the mogu empire 12,000 years before the present day. So Ra-Den is likely referring to his captivity from that time on.
    Ahhhhh. Thank you my good sir :3

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This was thousands of years ago though. Lei Shen founded the mogu empire 12,000 years before the present day. So Ra-Den is likely referring to his captivity from that time on.
    Lei Shen was Emperor lonnnnnnng before 12 thousand years ago as he was the first emperor. 12 thousand years ago is when the Empire got overthrown and he was long 'dead' by then.

Spoiler Alert:

Old Gods did it.

Ok putting my tinfoil hat on...so the Old Gods are "linked" to Azeroth in a way supposedly, correct? When the titans defeated Yashaarj, this "yawning chasm" could have perhaps formed once Yashaarj had fallen. The titans saw this as a terrible thing to happen to Azeroth (giant empty chasm in your planet can be detrimental to its overall structure after all) and decided to "imprison" the remaining old gods so they didn't have to kill them. The titans then created the Engine of Nalaksha to possibly hold together this chasm in a way (complete shot in the dark), and left Ra Den to guard said engine to ensure the chasm didn't collapse and destroy the planet. And the fact that there's been a lot of crazy ass activity going on in Pandaria lately, an old god (perhaps N'Zoth) possibly has taken notice and moved his influence or even himself into this chasm and began to expand. And the fact that Ra Den said he fears we cannot reverse this action is because the damage has already been done by the Alliance and Horde of them landing their armies on Pandaria's shores, and N'Zoth isn't turning back. Ok tin foil hat off now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Ok putting my tinfoil hat on...so the Old Gods are "linked" to Azeroth in a way supposedly, correct? When the titans defeated Yashaarj, this "yawning chasm" could have perhaps formed once Yashaarj had fallen. The titans saw this as a terrible thing to happen to Azeroth (giant empty chasm in your planet can be detrimental to its overall structure after all) and decided to "imprison" the remaining old gods so they didn't have to kill them. The titans then created the Engine of Nalaksha to possibly hold together this chasm in a way (complete shot in the dark), and left Ra Den to guard said engine to ensure the chasm didn't collapse and destroy the planet. And the fact that there's been a lot of crazy ass activity going on in Pandaria lately, an old god (perhaps N'Zoth) possibly has taken notice and moved his influence or even himself into this chasm and began to expand. And the fact that Ra Den said he fears we cannot reverse this action is because the damage has already been done by the Alliance and Horde of them landing their armies on Pandaria's shores, and N'Zoth isn't turning back. Ok tin foil hat off now.
    best theory ever

this is possible

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does Ra-Den sound like Macho Man Randy Savage? .... AWESOME!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the yawning chasm he speaks of was something from a lovecraft book, can't remember which one. It's pretty safe to assume it's old god related. At the mountains of madness may be the book I thinking about... been a while since I've read a lovecraft book.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-17 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    And we've also been told many times now a Old God cannot truly die. He may have been why the Titans decided it was best to not 'kill' the others.
    We have never been truly "told" that they cannot die, it has always just been assumed by the fan base based on Lovecraft.

We do know now though that they can suffer a final death, Y'sharrj is truly the precedent for that case.

But where it gets interesting is that the Titans realised that having a dead old god is literally far worse than having a living one. It really makes you think, what can be worse than an a living old god?
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-01-17 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    We have never been truly "told" that they cannot die, it has always just been assumed by the fan base based on Lovecraft.

We do know now though that they can suffer a final death, Y'sharrj is truly the precedent for that case.

But where it gets interesting is that the Titans realised that having a dead old god is literally far worse than having a living one. It really makes you think, what can be worse than an a living old god?
    We've been told many times that the Old Gods are 'outside the cycle'. The Sha were a side effect of his death but there's nothing saying he cannot regenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    the "He " is the thunder king, the one who defeated Ra Den and imprisoned him.
    The yawning chasm of Darkness is somehow related to the Old Gods I believe. There is a theory that azeroth is not actually a planet but a prison and the most powerful old god lies at the core. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AzathothName sound familiar?
    Unlikely. In the Dragon Aspect short story where Thrall meets Deathwing, Deathwing confirmed that the Old Gods were alien to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    best theory ever

this is possible
    Not just that, but there is definitely something..weird going on beneath Pandaria.

I mean, I know the Horde conflict is what caused the Sha to unleash, but War didn't COMPLETELY break across the continent.

It's like something was waiting to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    His original purpose was to guard against Y'Sharraj who may not be as dead as thought.
    Where are you getting this from? Also, it's written Y'Shaarj.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also any info on how lei shi beat him?
    She didn't. Lei Shen did.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Where are you getting this from? Also, it's written Y'Shaarj.

She didn't. Lei Shen did.
    Yeah. Lei Shen may have been an extremely powerful Warrior, devoid of his Thunder God like powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah. Lei Shen may have been an extremely powerful Warrior, devoid of his Thunder God like powers.
    sooooo he soloed pandarians version of thorim

while having no special powers or tricks.......

he gathered the dragon balls

There has to be a bottom to the engine and that might be where the dead old god's body lies. Something must be stirring up down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    There has to be a bottom to the engine and that might be where the dead old god's body lies. Something must be stirring up down there.
    as a worgen.... i could smell it...... i dont think ra-den has a bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    we did only defeat 6 out of the 7 sha.
    We don't know yet if there's a 7th Sha.

The Sha weren't made from his Heads, nor do they embody each head.

They took on physical form from Shao Hao's own actions.