Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I must've been doing something wrong cause no matter how much I DPSed Vek'lor he never went below 75% HP..Had my back to a wall and pet tanking melee emp(name escapes me atm)

my locks armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hibara/simple
    Last edited by Slirith; 2013-01-15 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I must've been doing something wrong cause no matter how much I DPSed Vek'lor he never went below 75% HP..Had my back to a wall and pet tanking melee emp(name escapes me atm)

my locks armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hibara/simple
    Probably more of an issue with not really dps'ing well since your gear is technically fine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first foray into soloing old content went fairly well. I did Black Temple a couple of days ago and most of it was easy. Only trouble I had was with that Bloodboil boss and the Council.

My first attempt at Bloodboil (that deformed looking orc thing. not sure if the name is right), I went in as affliction with the sacrifice talent. Didn't research the fight beforehand and I ended up with 65 stacks of the dot and died with the boss at 10%. Second time around, I switched to supremacy, tanked with the voidwalker and downed it. It was trivial with the pet.

Council was the most difficult fight. I ended up wiping a few times...In the end, what worked for me was affliction with supremacy. I tagged everything with dots, and focused the paladin. The healing was annoying, but I got him down eventually with the void tanking.

Last night, I attempted the heroic BRD cata dungeon and got stuck on Corla. I'm wondering if it's even possible to down her? I took one beam, positioned the pet over another but it wasn't blocking it. I had two adds evolve and it ended up getting two shot. I also tried just bursting Corla down and ignoring the beams, but I only got her to 60%.

And two more:

Ascendant Council 10N: http://i.imgur.com/KLdHd.jpg
    Cho'gall 10N: http://i.imgur.com/yb806.jpg

Videos will follow in a few days.
    Last edited by Dr. Wuky; 2013-01-16 at 01:13 AM.
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    And two more:

Ascendant Council 10N: http://i.imgur.com/KLdHd.jpg
    Cho'gall 10N: http://i.imgur.com/yb806.jpg

Videos will follow in a few days.
    Love how he shouts "Impossible" in the SS

my locks armory
    Make sure you are only hitting the caster one. The melee guy is immune to spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother tanking the melee guy, just go afflic sacrifice spec and burn the caster. My 85 blood dk can outdps the healing, I assure you that you can get it.

I did it at 85 as well. Just focus on the one guy who isn't immune.

If you're Destro, pop a couple of RoF when adds show up for insane ember generation. It should help your burst.

I meant hours, not days

Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Deleted
    Hey there, new warlock just getting to soloing. Few questions, though...

Is Demo a viable spec for soloing? Would I have more success with other specs?

Is Dark Apotheosis good for soloing?

I should be using a voidwalker, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Hey there, new warlock just getting to soloing. Few questions, though...

Is Demo a viable spec for soloing? Would I have more success with other specs?

Is Dark Apotheosis good for soloing?

I should be using a voidwalker, right?
    Generally speaking. Demo is pretty crap for soloing. very little self healing and low dps.

Demo is fairly good, but right now afflic and destro are on top (since both can very effectively self heal and pet heal).

DA is good for fights where you need to actually tank stuff that hits hard, but overall the damage output of it is extremely low and will make it hard for you to beat many enrage timers on later fights.

For most fights it will be best to use a voidlord, but it is very situational. There are a few fights where the way they designed it pets take extremely high amounts of damage (blood princes in ICC, majordomo in FL), so you have to just tank the boss yourself.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Hey everyone, I've got a few questions on soloing some heroic Cataclysm content, particularly in getting the achievement Headed South from Siamat in Lost City of the Tol'vir (it's the last one I need in order to get Glory of the Cataclysm Hero).

I've been able to solo the first three bosses relatively easily, but once I get to Siamat it's like I hit a brick wall. No matter what I do I just can't survive once I start killing the servants in order to gain the debuff. I've mainly been going affliction for this, but I've also tried demo which hasn't done much to help either. This may just be a gear issue but I wouldn't mind some advice on this.

Was wondering if anyone has any tips for soloing Icecrown? I've never done the raid at all before and always wanted to see it, and was just looking for some general tips.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has any tips for soloing Icecrown? I've never done the raid at all before and always wanted to see it, and was just looking for some general tips.
    marrowgar hits like a truck on me when i killed him so have your healthstones ready. also don't use your pet on this fight or else you will get spiked. the lady is pretty easy just take down the adds they are not really a problem. gunship is easy iff you know what to do focus down their ship and take down the adds on your ship before they can cast their fire spell that will set your ship on fire. deathbringer saurfang hits hard on your pet so be carefull the adds are going down really quick its just a tank and spank figth you should be able to kill him before he casts his first mark. i have not made it further into icc. all of this is done by a destruction warlock. i hope my tips helped

Marrowgar cannot Bone Spike Goblins or Worgens. With or without a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    marrowgar hits like a truck on me when i killed him so have your healthstones ready. also don't use your pet on this fight or else you will get spiked. the lady is pretty easy just take down the adds they are not really a problem. gunship is easy iff you know what to do focus down their ship and take down the adds on your ship before they can cast their fire spell that will set your ship on fire. deathbringer saurfang hits hard on your pet so be carefull the adds are going down really quick its just a tank and spank figth you should be able to kill him before he casts his first mark. i have not made it further into icc. all of this is done by a destruction warlock. i hope my tips helped
    You can simply dismiss your pet when he starts casting spike and resummon right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Marrowgar cannot Bone Spike Goblins or Worgens. With or without a pet.
    What the hell, seriously? O.o

What the hell, seriously? O.o
    Yup it's some kind of oversight by Blizzard in how Marrowgar checks for valid Bone Spike Targets. They have just never fixed it.

I've done every boss of ICC 10 solo, with the exception of Dreamwalker for obvious reason. On Heroic 10 I've done everything other than Lich King and Dreamwalker. Everything other than Heroic Saurfang was done as Demonology with my pet's threat modifier off, just face tanking the bosses and burning them down. Heroic Saurfang was a slightly more challenging endeavor, lol. I hope that answers your question.