What you think guys...

Is it right that sport help to keep body fit & active?

I think it is not necessary to play any sports activities. Just join gym, do cardio and yoga that have direct affect on body parts. Lose weight, burn extra fat and maintain body fitness level.

What you think about that?

Deleted
    Technically, gym is a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing sports is more fun to lots of people, and can act as a substitute for other activities like cardio and weight training. But best is if you combine them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    do something that exercises your entire body. martial arts are good at that

Quote Originally Posted by Flover View Post
    Is it right that sport help to keep body fit & active?

I think it is not necessary to play any sports activities. Just join gym, do cardio and yoga that have direct affect on body parts. Lose weight, burn extra fat and maintain body fitness level.

What you think about that?
    I think yoga is a waste of time for the most part unless it is taught 1 on 1 and by someone who knows a lot about body alignment. Yoga classes that are not tailored for your body imbalances can actually cause more harm than good.

Deleted
    Martial arts and gym are great combo..gym is meh, but better than anything

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Playing sports is more fun to lots of people, and can act as a substitute for other activities like cardio and weight training.
    Completely agree. I normally dont go to gyms because I think a hour of Basketball or Soccer or any sport that requires you to run up and down burns just as much calories as working out in the gym. You can also do both, but I prefer sports over gym.

Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    Completely agree. I normally dont go to gyms because I think a hour of Basketball or Soccer or any sport that requires you to run up and down burns just as much calories as working out in the gym. You can also do both, but I prefer sports over gym.
    Eh, certain sports ARE cardio. No sports can replace weight lifting unless your sport involves weight lifting.

15+ Year Old Account
    I rather do something I enjoy than using that machinery to get myself fit. Give me a gymnastics hall and I´ll enjoy myself AND keep my body in shape.

Gym is good. I do gym, because I am to old to start (restart) doing a sport. I played handball, but I quit. Then I got chubby, and started gymming to keep in shape.

Depending on your level of self-discipline, gym can be very good, but I feel that playing, for example, football or handball several times a week is a much better way to get/stay in shape. You rarely get your puls really high in the gym (again, depending on discipline. Insanity will get your puls as high as football)

It's the same thing, just two different methods of achieving the same goal.

Sure, you can be in amazing shape without ever competing in a competitive sport. I'm sure there's many, many people that are in better shape than me that don't compete formally in anything. Wouldn't you rather though? Damn, it's a lot of fun to cross a finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sure, you can be in amazing shape without ever competing in a competitive sport. I'm sure there's many, many people that are in better shape than me that don't compete formally in anything. Wouldn't you rather though? Damn, it's a lot of fun to cross a finish line.
    I dont like competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    I dont like competition.
    There's more to it than just min-maxing to some Masters' League. Small competition never hurts.

Sooner or later you want variety in your fitness, only gymming & maybe some jogging gets boring in longer run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    There's more to it than just min-maxing to some Masters' League. Small competition never hurts.

Sooner or later you want variety in your fitness, only gymming & maybe some jogging gets boring in longer run.
    I go to the gym and talk while I workout. Not boring.

I am in great shape but I am not athletic. I couldnt do well in small competitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't do any sports other than go to the gym and lift weights for a couple hours, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do sports. I very much enjoy playing Football and while it's not a part of my daily gym routine, I do so whenever given the chance. Of course, if I promised myself I would stay active, that doesn't have to mean going to the gym and playing football every day, else you would be exhausted in no time after that kind of routine :P

Deleted
    Boxing is a good sport to get into, especially if you like braying people up. It is quite a physical sport and helps to relieve much stress. Try it now, join up with some friends.