any point in saving conquest points for 5.2? or they get deleted/converted ?

any point in saving conquest points for 5.2? or they get deleted/converted ?

Deleted
    Read further down, messed up 5.1/5.2. 5.2 is ofc going to be a proper patch, 5.3 isn't.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-01-18 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    5.2 for all we know isn't going to be an raid patch/new arena season. So unless something drastically changed they shouldn't be reset/converted.
    Wait, what?! So far as I understood, both will be introduced with 5.2 O.O Maybe I'm just completely mad..

15+ Year Old Account
    5.2 for all we know isn't going to be an raid patch/new arena season.
    I'm sure I heard something about this somewhere?

Deleted
    5.2 for all we know isn't going to be an raid patch/new arena season. So unless something drastically changed they shouldn't be reset/converted.
    5.2 has been confirmed by blue's it will be a raid patch and a new raid tier, that means we will have MoP S2 so yes there will be a new season with new gear, the Tyranical ones.

There was also a post on US for around 30 minutes stating Jan 29th will see the end of the current season but this was taken down promptly.

Tyranical has also been said to be released with 5.2, Maelv to be made honor buyable WITH weapons and Dreadful to be crafted, this was all in the PvP warter cooler.

5.2 brings a new season.

i would personally buy all the maelv i can while keeping capped out at 4K honor.

5.2 is a new arena season and raid tier. Conquest gets converted to honor; no point in saving it. Ideally, buy and fully upgrade whatever malev gear you can at this point as it'll be better than next season's honor gear.

Deleted
    Argh damn, I messed up. For some inconceivable reason I thought 5.1 was going to be the patcha and 5.2 the mini patch after that. My bad. It's 5.2 > 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixar View Post
    There was also a post on US for around 30 minutes stating Jan 29th will see the end of the current season but this was taken down promptly.
    pretty sure that was faked

Deleted
    I wouldn't save them as you can now still upgrade your gear. Just spend everything on upgrading your Malevolent Gladiator's gear. Next season the upgraders are gonna vanish until probably 5.3 (next minor content patch like 5.1) and you can buy the equivalent of Malevolent for honor in 5.2 already. So buying gear for conquest now wouldn't really be that beneficial as you could simply wait some weeks and buy the same for honor. But the upgrades will stay, meaning you will have superior gear to the honor gear (when 2/2 upgraded).

Long story short: Spend all your conquest now on upgrading your Malevolent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I wouldn't save them as you can now still upgrade your gear. Just spend everything on upgrading your Malevolent Gladiator's gear. Next season the upgraders are gonna vanish until probably 5.3 (next minor content patch like 5.1) and you can buy the equivalent of Malevolent for honor in 5.2 already. So buying gear for conquest now wouldn't really be that beneficial as you could simply wait some weeks and buy the same for honor. But the upgrades will stay, meaning you will have superior gear to the honor gear (when 2/2 upgraded).

Long story short: Spend all your conquest now on upgrading your Malevolent gear.
    I believe this is false. From what I read, they're not only removing the NPC that upgrades your gear, but also all current upgrades will be removed as well. The Malevolent gear that can be purchased by honor in 5.2 are ilevel 476. Therefore, it is best to spend all your CP on Malevolent gears right now if you're still missing pieces.

Edit: Hmm I thought I read somewhere that they were also removing the upgrades from gear, but couldn't find it. But yeah, spend CP on Malevolent gears if you haven't gotten it yet now, and then use remaining CP on upgrades.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2013-01-19 at 01:04 AM.