Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    ... The Troll existed thousands of years before the Titans visited Azeroth for the first time, the Mogu on the other hand created by the Titans as non living beings. (Two sources say different in when the Titans first visited Azeroth and what they did.)...
    The only place that was ever stated, was on the Forums. in a QA with Bashiok, who answered a list of questions

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Bashiok
    Community Manager
    6/23/2011
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

Q: What races were on Azeroth before the coming of the titans?
    A: Besides the elementals, the only known sentient races on Azeroth when the titans' forces arrived to subdue the Old Gods were the trolls, the race known as "faceless ones," and the aqir. Due to the Old Gods' war against the titans, as well as the extensive terraforming that followed the war's conclusion, records of what races existed before even the Old Gods' arrival have likely been lost forever.
    What does this mean? it means they can change their minds. It means they have not told this story and they might. My question is not at all out of place since it is a part of lore which is still very grey.

Bashiok ( Micah Whipple ) = http://www.wowwiki.com/Drysc

He is also the person who left it open that Elune could be a Naaru.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why do Grummles hide their faces?
    ...to keep the light out and also to keep their nose warm..

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You need to look up the Origin of the humans in WOW again. Also Chris Metzen flat out said Night Elves came from Dark Trolls. You need to finish all the Lorewalker quests because I wasn't even referring to the curse of flesh. Pandaria has engines of creation, and can change a being in many surprising ways.

ie Troggs became Grummels, Murlocs became Jinyu, Tauren get funny hair.
    I never said the Night Elfs didn't come from Trolls, they did come from them. It's been confirmed. I'm saying by your logic, without knowing that, since they are in fact related, they should have similar faces. Blizzard isn't going to do something like that, or think that far ahead and THAT subtly. Also you specifically stated in the first post that Mogu turn into Trolls when afflicted by the curse of flesh. Go look back at what you said, I can quote you on that if you want. Yes I also know the origin of humans in WoW. I never even mentioned them though, so idk where you got that from. All of the things you mentioned happened because of the water in the valley of eternal blossoms. Not because of the curse of flesh or general evolution, it was all artificially started by some other source.

"So my thinking is the curse of flesh effects Mogus by turning them into Trolls." - You.

Also, the images you linked prove nothing. You simply took images of female models in the game and set them side by side. What does that show? Similar features? They all have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose, a mouth and hair. The differences are based on their RACE and videogame DNA, as in, they are different individuals so surely they will be different. Yet pretty much all animals/beings share similar traits. MOST animals have eyes, most have a nose, most have ears, most have a mouth (within the same class of animal I mean, mammals etc, not comparing insects to mammals). It's like saying, human females look like night elf females, they both have breasts, SURELY THEY ARE RELATED!
    Last edited by The Ogdru Jahad; 2013-01-18 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    Gothicshark thats only one source, the other one is the timeline from 2004 on the official site and the book that existed in World of Warcraft that stated the Titans or another allmighty deity shaped the whole Universe, so Azeroth would be included. Of course I dont know how much truth is in this but its mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    ie Troggs became Grummels, Murlocs became Jinyu, Tauren get funny hair.
    The mogu Created the grummles themselves, while I'm fairly certain the yaungol are just a natural evolution of Tauren
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-18 at 04:59 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The mogu Created the grummles themselves, while I'm fairly certain the yaungol are just a natural evolution of Tauren
    The mogu made the Grummles -out- of troggs.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The mogu made the Grummles -out- of troggs.
    Yes, but they made them... The troggs didn't just stumble into the endless spring
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, but they made them... The troggs didn't just stumble into the endless spring
    Ah, I think I misunderstood your original point.

I have to say I'm against the OP here, the Mogu don't look to be 'stone trolls' or whatever, and there's nothing to suggest the trolls ever got fleshshaped.

if anything, the rocky growths on some of the Zandalar trolls makes me think

a. Theydid the thing fel orcs do, stab themselves with rock and then regenerate around it to get a layer of 'natural armor'

or

b. they were natural elementals of some variety (some people have suggested they came from wind Djinn like those in Uldum or something, not sure about that personally) that were affected with the curse of flesh.

I'd really hate if trolls were titan made since part of their charm was that they're an ancient primal race. I liked that the trolls called the Titans "the Travelers" rather than the makers since they weren't made by them.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    If it weren't for the whole "grummels came from troggs" thing, I'd have been more inclined to say that the mogu are actually highly mutated, sophisticated troggs... they're brutal and have similar-ish body forms.

As for trolls, I'm pretty sure the trolls are just a species that naturally arose on Azeroth.

And as for the goblins, a faceless one NPC in Cataclysm says that he remembers "when goblins were created." Though they likely weren't created by the titans.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arguments aside, I think the female mogu is awsome, I wanna play one now...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Probably just splitting hairs, but where does an Elemental Lord stand compared to a demigod, like Cenarius vs Ragnaros?
    They may look weak in game but Elemental Lords's power actually rival the Aspects. Elemental Lords of the Old gods=The Aspects of the Titans. Cenarius alone doesn't stand a chance against Ragnaros.