10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The difference is subjective.

Some say they see no difference, while others can easily feel the difference. I tend to belong to the later, 30 vs 60 FPS is a big difference for me.

Example http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
    Ah, I can see the difference between 30 and 60. Understand why somebody that is used to getting 60 out of their machine would be less satisfied with 30.

Here's a peek at one of the places I'm working on in the Creation Kit. They're darker ingame, just upped the brightness on the pics afterwards so you can see things easier.

Lazy, that's looking great. Looking forward to trying it out.

I personally don't like places that are TOO dark because then I start using my Khajiit night eye racial too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Every time I make a character to play through it ends up being a sneaky one with archery max. I'm determined to not touch either tree this play through. Going to try a barbarian warrior type with a 2-H weapon and light armor.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/t...dawnguard-too/

Dragonborn February 5th.

And the other DLCs for the PS3 later in the month too.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Dragonborn February 5th.

Yup! Totally excited for it! As a PS3 player it's like a whole new game for $22.50

BTW - you forgot to mention that all three DLCs for PS3 will be 50% off their first week of release. First to be released is Dragonborn, then Hearthfire and Dawnguard sometime after that.

I honestly didn't expect to see HF and DG at all via their wording of the DB for PS3 announcement... but here they come a few weeks AFTER Dragonborn! I'm so glad I stockpiled all those iron ingots now for Hearthfire! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Dragonborn February 5th.

Awesome! By the way, next DLC should be called Redguard and take us to Hammerfell. And no, Im not going to post any links to confirm it, just google "skyrim redguard dlc":P It's not 100% official yet but more like 9 out of 10. It's either that or a entirely new game called "redguard" which is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Awesome! By the way, next DLC should be called Redguard and take us to Hammerfell. And no, Im not going to post any links to confirm it, just google "skyrim redguard dlc":P It's not 100% official yet but more like 9 out of 10. It's either that or a entirely new game called "redguard" which is doubtful.
    I'm seriously doubting that rumor...

All it is was the press taking an old trademark of Bethesda (one that was made BEFORE Skyrim even launched) and inventing a rumor around it - JUST to keep some Skyrim news spin going in a drought of any Video Game news.

Well if it's in Hammerfell I hope that means we join them in fighting the Thalmor!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I honestly didn't expect to see HF and DG at all via their wording of the DB for PS3 announcement... but here they come a few weeks AFTER Dragonborn! I'm so glad I stockpiled all those iron ingots now for Hearthfire! :P
    Hearthfire is ok but it's not that great to be honest. I don't regret buying it though, just wish they added more options and building styles.. or at least a fence and a few guards to keep all the bears and dragons off and keep them from killing my horses and other animals.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Isn't "Redguard" an old TES game for ehhh some other console?

Found it; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eld...ures:_Redguard
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-01-18 at 06:18 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I'm seriously doubting that rumor...

All it is was the press taking an old trademark of Bethesda (one that was made BEFORE Skyrim even launched) and inventing a rumor around it - JUST to keep some Skyrim news spin going in a drought of any Video Game news.
    I sort of believe it. It comes from the same people who predicted Dawnguard and Dragonborn correctly, they also reserved the brandname recently like prior to other DLCs, then there's the road that leads to Hammerfell near Riften and a lot of other things.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I sort of believe it. It comes from the same people who predicted Dawnguard and Dragonborn correctly, they also reserved the brandname recently like prior to other DLCs, then there's the road that leads to Hammerfell near Riften and a lot of other things.
    Well if it really is this "Redguard" DLC, then finally - a DLC which actually seems important, and not just silly vampires or other silly dragonborn - back to the main story thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well if it really is this "Redguard" DLC, then finally - a DLC which actually seems important, and not just silly vampires or other silly dragonborn - back to the main story thank you!
    Well, the main story is killing Alduin and it's over already, the rest are all side stories or long term thing. Civil war and the Thalmor have really nothing to do with the Dragonborn unless they reveal something we dont know yet.

No they did not... no one set of "people" predicted those. EVERYBODY predicted Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn correctly because all three were trademarked shortly after Skyrim's release.

PS. Riften's road leads to Morrowind, not Hammerfell. The road to Hammerfell you're looking for is actually by Falkreath. :P

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls...elWorldMap.jpg

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:26 PM ----------

...one would argue the whole point of the story is the Dragonborn. :P

Seriously. They NEED to address the Thalmor issue more in Skyrim. Adding in the one region that's managed to successfully fend off the Thalmor SOLO makes a lot of sense.

I was hoping that with the Dragonborn's help we'd be able to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim (which would seem more in line with helping the Stormcloaks since the Empire still honors the concordat) and ally with Hammerfell.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:33 PM ----------

Well, the main story is killing Alduin and it's over already, the rest are all side stories or long term thing. Civil war and the Thalmor have really nothing to do with the Dragonborn unless they reveal something we dont know yet.
    In the grand scheme of things, the return of the Dragons is actually a smaller concern than the war between man and mer.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    True, but honestly - that seemed so... Urgh I don't know - secondary really, when compared to the real conflict, being the whole Empire/Stormcloak/Thalmor thing, the fact that assassination the emperor had no effect was utterly shocking to me, and just reeked of bad story telling.

Deleted
    No they did not... no one set of "people" predicted those. EVERYBODY predicted Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn correctly because all three were trademarked shortly after Skyrim's release.

PS. Riften's road leads to Morrowind, not Hammerfell. The road to Hammerfell you're looking for is actually by Falkreath. :P

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls...elWorldMap.jpg

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:26 PM ----------

...one would argue the whole point of the story is the Dragonborn. :P

Oops, yea, I meant the one near Falkreath. I guess we'll see shortly if it's true or not anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, the return of the Dragons is actually a smaller concern than the war between man and mer.
    That's a big fat NOPE.

The war wouldn't mean squat if the dragonborn hadn't stopped Alduin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I haven't finished the main story yet but I think Alduin was actually supposed to bring the end of the world so some little war is hardly more important than that.