Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

You know what's hurting this game? The $25 transfer fee

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey It's a business got to make much money as much as possible so thus I don't see anything wrong with it.

Deleted
    its alot easier to not have something, than have it and lose it.

im referring to profit from the transfers.

I haven't seen any figures, but I'm incredibly comfortable guessing that Blizzard has probably made significantly more money from transfers than they have lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    You know what's hurting this game? The $25 transfer fee
    Yes, you are right. The fee needs to be higher.

Deleted
    Why is it hurting the game? You can visit any realm you like via realID, you can raid "most" raids cross realm. It would actually hurt the game more as you would see a lot more of these servers with next to no-one on, and a few servers with 24/7 queues. No, removing this fee is not a good idea.

Deleted
    i dont mind paying for transfers, its a business after all, but they are charging so much more than anyother game, GW2, rift ect its free. i would pay £5 to transfer my character, by £25 is way too much. the sub is about £9 a month, so nearly paying 3months worth of sub just to transfer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it also, or the faction change > wayyyy to expensive.

Deleted
    Why is it too high? Either you play on your server or you pay to get out of there. I do not even see why it has to be an option to transfer. Or faction change for that matter.

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    I was playing RIFT when the rolled this out. It was due to servers being 100% dead. They converted some of the servers to free trial servers, so they had to move the people off. I was on a high population server so didn't need to do that

I think SWTOR did it for the same reason, but I quit before they did that
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    sure its expensive but think about it, people will be even more careless about their behaviours if they could just transfer for free... easy exit for these gbank ninja and all

i would say the first chagne is free then you have to pay

My only Gripe is there isn't a "bulk" discount and the fact that when you server + faction transfer it's $55! To move one toon is expensive enough, to move more than 1 the cost just gets silly.

I can't believe people actually argue in favor of it.

There are many people in this game who are in guilds or situations where they fall apart. And now they are stuck to choose pay $25 and take a chance with a new guild, or quit. And you guys feel like they should quit. God I'm lucky my guild is still running strong even with a few people leaving during heroic progression. Pathetic.

What annoys me even more is pets costing X $ and X EURO,
    while (atm) 10 U.S. dollars = 7.52445448 Euros, basicly, this means that EU prices are 33% higher than US.

10+ Year Old Account

There are many people in this game who are in guilds or situations where they fall apart. And now they are stuck to choose pay $25 and take a chance with a new guild, or quit. And you guys feel like they should quit. God I'm lucky my guild is still running strong even with a few people leaving during heroic progression. Pathetic.
    actually its doesnt cost 25$ to change guild, but i do agree in some situation where the server is dead, its the only choice left :/

If there wasn't a transfer fee, your guild wouldn't be running strong because the first brick wall encountered would cause people to look for new guilds. Quite more than a few people would leave during normal progression, not just heroic progression.

Even bigger than that is the reality that most people have multiple characters they enjoy playing and so the cost easily reaches $100 or more, and if it involves a faction change can often be well beyond $200

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    actually its doesnt cost 25$ to change guild, but i do agree in some situation where the server is dead, its the only choice left :/
    Oh please. I'm 14/16H my choices for a guild are limited right now and the ones that I would join similar progression would be on different servers. Sure if you're a casual player going to another guild on your server is fine, but for anyone who raids you know this is a very rare circumstance when you can join another guild on your server with similar progression.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    If there wasn't a transfer fee, your guild wouldn't be running strong because the first brick wall encountered would cause people to look for new guilds. Quite more than a few people would leave during normal progression, not just heroic progression.
    It's called a "cool down" where you can only do it so many times a week/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    What annoys me even more is pets costing X $ and X EURO,
    while (atm) 10 U.S. dollars = 7.52445448 Euros, basicly, this means that EU prices are 33% higher than US.

So you are complaining that Europe has to donate more money to charity to get a pet specifically designed for 100% proceeds to go to charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmer View Post
    Even bigger than that is the reality that most people have multiple characters they enjoy playing and so the cost easily reaches $100 or more, and if it involves a faction change can often be well beyond $200
    Ya that is. Didn't even think about that, and I have a few 90 alts.

Here's my situation: If my guild fell apart and I was not able to join another guild on my server, I would be quitting because I am not transferring my alts. Blizzard would lose out my $15 a month for many months for what.... one time of $25?