Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is looking quite promising! Looking forward to the patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 is going to be the best patch ever. period.

Probably best PvP change in years. Now it's all about the skill (or spec balance ^^)
    P.S. I laugh at all the mmr exploiters that only play a few weeks and then feel entitled to be the sole owners of t2 gear.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-01-18 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    They should not give elite gear to 2200 players anymore. Reverting the change would be a bad idea. I'll break it down.

1.) The people actually complaining about are very few in number, there's really nothing to worry about from them crying endlessly.
    2.) Giving elite gear to everyone encourages more people in general to participate.You remove the carrot on a stick from mediocre players and give a carrot on a stick to nearly every PvP player. This = success.
    3.) From a business standpoint, it's a sound idea. More people like I said will be intrigued and subs will increase because of it. Also, having more options to choose from color variations will help reduce boredom and increase variety.
    4.) 2200 players aren't really good. They are mediocre. If anything put a cosmetic tabard and give it to 2400, 2500, and 2600 players. Those players truly deserve it. 2200 is honestly nothing impressive, from the view of a player who's been much higher in the past.
    5.) It helps kill the boosting/carry business. People will no longer have an incentive to buy T2 weapons OR special snowflake gear anymore, this can only be good for the community. It will help increase competition and people looking to get the 2200 ratings simply to prove they are good, not to chase some carrot on a stick.
    6.) It will help remove the toxic tryhards who can only brag about their snowflake gear and are too bad to get any other cosmetic reward. It will reduce elitism and general hostility that's prevalent in the PVP community today. The top, top players I've actually talked to or read a post from DO NOT CARE about this. They simply do not, because the challenge is all that's needed for them and they do not need to feel special, because they realize it's absolutely pathetic.

All in all, it's an excellent change and one I have no doubt Blizzard considered and planned through. This change can ONLY be good for the PvP community as a whole. If you do not support this, frankly, you are being a selfish brat and only caring about stroking your ego instead of realizing the big picture.
    1) Not true. I've seen tons of them here and on the official post. Whether any change is good or bad, there will almost always be a vocal group endlessly crying about it.
    2) By this measure, there's no reason to do anything in game that requires skill to earn. Extend this logic to PVE and you should also give all players who participate in normal raiding a way to earn heroic tier gear without having to down heroic bosses. Granted PVE and PVP shouldn't be treated the same, but the logic remains.
    3) There's no way to know for sure how/if it will impact subscription numbers but it will most likely increase them due to frustrated players that gave up might come back and try again. But, how many players will walk away due to nothing to aim for when reaching high ratings? Who knows, maybe none.
    4) Sounds like BS but w/e. If 2.2k isn't anything special, then they should adjust the rating requirement to reflect what minimum rating a skilled player should be able to attain. I think 2.2k still demonstrates enough skill to merit a reward (yes, some people will get carried but there's no way to fully eliminate that); it doesn't make you the most skilled, but skilled enough IMHO.
    5) This is already addressed by #2.
    6) You exemplify the exact elitism and toxic hostility in the selfishly bratty way you claim to be against (your final statement reflects this as well). You sound like a bitter player who hasn't been able to reach 2.2k this season or last and just want a way to feel better about it. But, what do I know, I don't know you, just your words.

Yay, these PVP changes are great! >.> it always bugged me that no matter what I would never catch up to the 2200 crowed. I never felt that way about Heroics raids in PVE. ...

Why?

Because there isn't a random wall of entry preventing any sort to progress whatsoever.

Deleted
    Uhm... so exactly what's the point of having the ''elite'' sets in 5.2 if EVERYONE can get it? there's nothing elite with it at all than, that's like having a race and giving seriously everyone a gold medal, then the gold medal is worth shit, now they might aswell just have the normal set and nothing else. Atleast in my opinion that feels stupid. Also, they really need to add some sort of reward for being higher rated than others mid-season, like tabards or transmog gears and so on, otherwise there's no point in playing arenas, you can just get the super high cap in RBGs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by asaguden View Post
    Uhm... so exactly what's the point of having the ''elite'' sets in 5.2 if EVERYONE can get it? there's nothing elite with it at all than, that's like having a race and giving seriously everyone a gold medal, then the gold medal is worth shit, now they might aswell just have the normal set and nothing else. Atleast in my opinion that feels stupid. Also, they really need to add some sort of reward for being higher rated than others mid-season, like tabards or transmog gears and so on, otherwise there's no point in playing arenas, you can just get the super high cap in RBGs instead.
    Why do you think you are elite at 2200? You are anything but elite. You are still miles behind the really good players that can achieve Gladiator and beyond. Blizzard is just removing the carrot on a stick from mediocre players and placing it in front of nearly everyone, boosting PvP popularity. It's a good change that you are too blinded by your ego to see.

People say they have nothing to work for anymore, then why do so many of these "elite" players still play tons of games after attaining their gear set? Certainly not because the incentive is now removed once you have it. Sorry, but none of you make sense. At. All.

Good riddance.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1magga View Post
    soooo, whats the reward for being awsome in arena now ? elite gear was the reward, now there is nothing for 2200+,2500+ etc rewards
    For being able to /brofist your teammate(s) after winning yet again instead of telling them "they suck and need to l2p ffs brb, gonna hit /2 and look a better team "

Why do you think you are elite at 2200? You are anything but elite. You are still miles behind the really good players that can achieve Gladiator and beyond. Blizzard is just removing the carrot on a stick from mediocre players and placing it in front of nearly everyone, boosting PvP popularity. It's a good change that you are too blinded by your ego to see.

People say they have nothing to work for anymore, then why do so many of these "elite" players still play tons of games after attaining their gear set? Certainly not because the incentive is now removed once you have it. Sorry, but none of you make sense. At. All.

Good riddance.
    You embody the exact elitist, snobby, toxic players you rail against. Any point you're trying to make is being drowned out by your attitude.

IMO PvP gear shouldnt even exist. PvP should be all about skill and gear advantages should have nothing to do with it. If you play an FPS game like CS or Halo, everyone has access to the same equipment and the only thing that matters is how well you use it. Other games like CoD where you can earn new weapons, its mostly just a skin and the basic weapons are just as good.

All characters should be normalized with the same stats whenever you enter a PvP instance.

Deleted

I never said you're elite because you're at 2200, you're just better than others obviously, but mostly i was just talking about the elite gear itself, the extra reward at higher rating. I wouldnt care if it was just called ''tier 2'' or simply called nothing but just another color, but there still has to be some kind of reward, because that makes it so much more fun. I think most people, even you, agree's with me when i say that everything is more fun when you get something cool out of it. Sure now you might say, but hey, you get a title in the end of the season if you're good, but that's in the end of the season, what about the rest of the season? At the moment i play my main to very high rating, then i usually dont do that much arena on that char, but then i instead do alot of arenas on all of my alts to reach higher goals, which one atm is 2200 where i get some sort of reward for my work. I LOVED the system they had in tbc and wrath, where you got your parts the higher rated you were, because then there was not just the 2200 goal, but actually alot of goals and mile-stones you could reach, which made it really fun. But that's just me, i love having a goal and getting a reward for reaching it.

It would be good for some people here to follow this link. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-52-announced/ It shows blue responses to some of the questions also mentioned here. Infact, the original thread as a whole is a good read.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Or you could just go play that game, instead of trying to drastically change this game to suit yourself.
    lol ok, really?

like blizzard (any company really) doesnt take the good ideas from other games and implement them in their own product?

you are welcome to your opinion but i strongly disagree with it. the pvp gear system is quite good and something that i think should be in just about every mmo. in a pvp setting everyone, i believe, should be given the same gear. it should be about skill > gear. in the past i was a firm believer that the entry level blue honor gear should have been puchased for a small amount of gold similar to the way swtor did. when gw2 came out i thought that that was the better approach.

pvp is about killing the other player, plain and simple so while i believe skill determines your ability to do this its not the case 100% of the time. someone who just hit 90 in greens will get absolutely stomped by people who are in full pvp gear. there is really no competitiveness/challenge that person can put up until they obtain better gear so whats the point in forcing them to grind?

now, if they can just finally change the way all spells/abilities work they might actually get some sort of resemblence of balance in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    How many guilds try to get the first world kill? Less than 1%
    How many players at the beggining of expansion try to be first lvl max? Less than 1%

Players are realistic and prefer human goals. 2200 rating was a challenging goal with a good reward feeling for an important amount of players. The highest rating is something that only a minimal amount of players care about.

Why atempt to raise the rating? If Blizzard don't make me feel unhappy with rewards at higher rating than mine, I'm happy where I am. In other words, PvP will be farming. Each week cap your conquest points and that's all. No goals and at the end, boring as doing daylis.
    I didn't say where they'd be the best. Realm best, or faction best, or even guild best, are things people do strive for.

Damn looks like I will be grinding honor on my alts to get some PVP weapons. They are better then anything I can get in LFR or Heroics. Hopefully they might add some 490 craftable weapons.

Good riddance.
    The point of the game is fun and competition. It is not so you can brag about having something others are looked out of having. If you are the best then the gear should not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    The point of the game is fun and competition. It is not so you can brag about having something others are looked out of having. If you are the best then the gear should not matter.
    Exactly my point. People complaining about not having shiny gear that many others don't is absurd. Anyway, I've exhausted my will to argue this shit anymore. Changes are going through and the game will be infinitely better in 5.2. Praise Blizzard!

I love these changes. I wish they had been implemented a long time ago. Now I have a reason to really get into PVP!

We will return to wotlk days, when what matters was not acomplish a challenge, just raise alts and gear them through farming.

Where is the carrot on a stick? Ratings are meaningless, we need rewards to go for.

Smart changes. I appreciate the clever way to keep the gap between vets and newbs consistent instead of having it widen as each season progresses.