Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Even with a flying mount it would not be much difference for me. Every single pixel of Pandaria contains 10 quests.

The questing is way too boring, pick 10 mushrooms, kill 15 insects, save 10 pandas, repeat 100 times per hour.
    I think one part that makes this boring is the 5 lvls. When we had 10 levels it felt like we were progressing but now its just depressing being like "now i did 50 pick up quests... oh great i filled 3 bars."
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-18 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Not sure what to say here.
    ya your right you dont, cause guess what that was his comment durp

Originally Posted by caboosefanatic
    I never said anything about freebies, I merely said what you failed to read of his comment WHICH WAS WHY DON'T YOU ASK FOR FREEBIES SINCE YOU ASKED FOR FLYING which does not imply flying is a freebie, just that you're wanting things to be faster/easier.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well who is forcing ("everyone" - 1) to use flying mounts if they like ground?

And yes it's unbelievable because I can find you threads from those times from plenty of people who were fed up with this.
    Let's say that you like manual cars, but they offer you a ferrari, but it's going to be an automatic car. Will you be stupid enough to keep a 90HP manual car rather than take the automatic 300HP car?

No you won't. So same goes here.
    Last edited by shise; 2013-01-18 at 10:37 PM.

Quests in Pandaria are already so close to each other that I'm not sure why flying mounts would be necessary.

If you don't like a massive game, stop playing mmos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Let's say that you like manual cars, but they offer you a ferrari, but it's going to be an automatic manual. Will you be stupid enough to keep a 90HP manual cars rather than take the automatic 300HP car?

What if I like the feel of changing the gears manually?

And it's not like having a flyer removes the ability to use a ground mount
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?
    Actually, in Wrath it was like that until 77 for all alts until a few patches in.

I wouldn't mind a BoA flight item like we got in Wrath in 5.2 myself either, but if we don't get one, I'll still level alts.

Deleted
    After you level your first character I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to fly on your alts.

It's not breaking the game for anyone else, if you like ground mounts then be my guest and ride them all you want, but they shouldn't be forced on everyone.

I would level my remaining 85 alts if I could fly, but atm it's just too boring when you've already done the same thing with 2 characters..flying would make it less painful at least.
    Last edited by mmoc005a4246c3; 2013-01-18 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I think you are overlooking the Tomes introduced in mid-Wrath that allowed a level 80 to send the Cold Weather Flying tome to a level 70.

That is what people are asking for.

I've leveled 5 90's. I've done the content from the ground. Guess what, it wasn't ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th time around. And it won't be for the other 6 85-88's I have left to level to 90. And given that I play on a PvE server, world PvP doesn't mean jack all for me.
    I think you failed to read my entire post... so let me highlight the part that you claim I missed:

Like with EVERYTHING in this game, it was eventually nerfed, lowered, or handed some type of option around the .2 or .3 version of the expansion. Since 5.2 is being tested now, I would say if there is a flight restriction lifted or reduced for MoP, it won't be until at least 5.3.
    In 3.2, the Tome of Flying was introduced for alts. I covered that. I concluded my statement with:

I would say if there is a flight restriction lifted or reduced for MoP, it won't be until at least 5.3.
    So, I agree that something will eventually come along. I was just saying people need to hold their horses with all the shouting, cause they will most likely get flying nerfed by 5.3 so alts can fly, possibly without a Tome.... who knows. Please, next time read everything and don't just assume someone disagrees with you, or is telling you no.

Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    ya your right you dont, cause guess what that was his comment durp
    So your caring about my not having read his comment means you care and agree with his comment, once again affirming that you too, just like him, think I just want freebies.

I reaaaaally don't know what you and your split main poster personality are trying to prove here.

So your caring about my not having read his comment means you care and agree with his comment, once again affirming that you too, just like him, think I just want freebies.

I reaaaaally don't know what you and your split main poster personality are trying to prove here.
    You are literally asking for free flying mount usage. You have not earned it. The price for using flying mounts in Panda land is getting to 90 and X amount of gold. You want that to go away. Hence why, you want rewards for less work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You are literally asking for free flying mount usage. You have not earned it. The price for using flying mounts in Panda land is getting to 90 and X amount of gold. You want that to go away. Hence why, you want rewards for less work.
    1. I never asked for free flying mount usage. I paid my money to use flying mounts on all my alts. Claiming I asked otherwise makes you a stupenduous liar.

2. The price for using flying mounts in Pandaria is the price of the Four Winds bullshit gimmick whatever it's called gold sink. If being level 90 to experience their new "lore" was part of the price, I've paid it already, get over yourself and your masochistic Stockholm syndrome.
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2013-01-18 at 10:30 PM.

1. I never asked for free flying mount usage. I paid my money to use flying mounts on all my alts. Claiming I asked otherwise makes you a stupenduous liar.

2. The price for using flying mounts in Pandaria is the price of the Four Winds bullshit gimmick whatever it's called gold sink. If being level 90 to experience their new "lore" was part of the price, I've paid it already, get over yourself and your masochistic Stockholm syndrome.
    No, you have not paid it. It is level 90+gold per character. So, no, you have not paid it.

10+ Year Old Account

1) We could give you flying at level 85 for pandaria, but it will cost you 10k per character to purchase a book that lets you fly early.

2) You are not making sense about the four winds thing.

I'm really starting to wish flying had never been introduced into the game. Sure it's fun for cloud serpent racing and other misc stuff like reaching special areas only accessible by flying, but it also lets you completely ignore the world around you, which is bad imo
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

no i don't care, I just don't like you "twisting his comments" like you claim he was doing to you. If you had read his comment correctly I wouldn't of had to say anything about it, but you had to take to I DIDNT SAY I WANTED FREEBIES GRRR "insert insults". Again you didnt read that whole thing said, so I will quote it again and maybe it will get through your thick skull

I never said anything about freebies, I merely said what you failed to read of his comment WHICH WAS WHY DON'T YOU ASK FOR FREEBIES SINCE YOU ASKED FOR FLYING which does not imply flying is a freebie, just that you're wanting things to be faster/easier.
    so unless in your head asking for things to be faster/easier is a freebie, that's not what we said but it is a step in the direction

I'm not trying to prove anything, you have proved your own stupidity for me

so go ahead and quote part of something I said and claim something else /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes, because all of those demands actually boils down to LESS WORK MORE REWARD
    While I don't agree with all of what he would want, thing is that he's correct in saying that everything he brought up was something you still had to actually do the work to earn and do.

Thing is, though, it's the constant war of the fringes that makes this debate very painful to go through every time I see it. Everyone is so ready to pounce on the exact same argument: wanting less work with more reward, as you said (and made sure we saw, I guess).

Thing is, I agree that there should be some kind of heirloom like in Wrath. Alts shouldn't have to be punished. Why? Because, thing is, what else do you have to prove at this point? You've DONE the work on your main. You've proven worthy of being level 90 and all that. Why do you have to do the same thing twice, three, maybe even four times.

This is the same reason why Blizz did the Grand Commendations, and gave us heirlooms to level up our alts faster. If you're going to tell us that alts should be punished, or that we should be punished for wanting to try out everything that the game has to offer, you better be damn good and ready to let them take away something that we had to run numerous dungeons to get (heirloom gear costs some JP, after all, and we've more than invested in a good bit of that by now, have we all?).

If you're not ready to tell us that we should get rid of heirloom gear and the GCs (and give a good reason why they should, and give us proof that you don't use them on your alts), then don't come on here trying to say that a flying heirloom tome shouldn't be allowed to exist here. It's as simple as that, really.

I do agree with the OP (though his attitude is just god awful...though I do believe given what I said above about how this debate degrades into a shouting match of "you bad!" "no you bad!" like every other proposed change seems to do, I can see why he develops that sort of attitude: it's fucking tiresome). There should be something in the regards to some kind of heirloom. Why not have that extra reward for doing that hard work?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I think you failed to read my entire post... so let me highlight the part that you claim I missed:
    Oops, my bad. I read down to the part about Vash'jir, and apparently I just didn't read the rest.

Belay my last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say that you like manual cars, but they offer you a ferrari, but it's going to be an automatic car. Will you be stupid enough to keep a 90HP manual car rather than take the automatic 300HP car?

Sure I would. B/c the insurance cost of that Ferrari alone would bankrupt me.

@Topic: Seriously people, get a grip. The quest density in MoP is so high, that flying wouldn't save you much time anyway. Most of the time I don't even mount up on my land mount, because Where I need to go is just 20m away.

I could understand your whine if the quests were like the pre Cata Duskwood, when you ran 5mins straight... every 3 damn quests ... <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sure I would. B/c the insurance cost of that Ferrari alone would bankrupt me.

@Topic: Seriously people, get a grip. The quest density in MoP is so high, that flying wouldn't save you much time anyway. Most of the time I don't even mount up on my land mount, because Where I need to go is just 20m away.

I could understand your whine if the quests were like the pre Cata Duskwood, when you ran 5mins straight... every 3 damn quests ... <_<
    pretty much, was gonna say thats why flying wouldn't really matter to me lol

and darkpower, I agree I don't mind if they were to add a tome (priced up alot) to give flying AT LEAST by maybe 87 but not 85 like the OP wants