15+ Year Old Account

Any way to mass transfer characters from one server to the other?

My raiding guild quit raiding, and there are no viable other guilds left on my realm. Therefore I have decided to transfer my main to another server to join up with a guild there. Is there any way to take all my alts with me without paying the transfer ten times? All my characters are pretty much working as a team to make me money and keep me supplied with flasks/pots/food buffs, and it would make my raiding life way harder if I only have access to one character.

Unless there is a free transfer option available, no. You have to get out your ol' wallet and start throwing cash at Blizzard for each and every one of your alts.

Nope. It is still $25 per toon. You can check your eligibility for free transfers by logging into battle net and type "free realm transfer" in the search box. If you are eligible, it will tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    My raiding guild quit raiding, and there are no viable other guilds left on my realm. Therefore I have decided to transfer my main to another server to join up with a guild there. Is there any way to take all my alts with me without paying the transfer ten times? All my characters are pretty much working as a team to make me money and keep me supplied with flasks/pots/food buffs, and it would make my raiding life way harder if I only have access to one character.
    honestly u may have to just transfer your main 1 with all BOA gears u could get!!! plus tons of gold/mats/ects,, then just lvl up your alts & make some gold doing the herb/mining/skinning while lvl them up.
    another thing Don't go from a low/med realm to another low/med realm. pick something that always high/full/even locked if u don't want to see yourself in same situation.
    specially if your going for a true 25 man raiding guild, if 10 man raiding is your thing a med/high realm would be alright.just avoid anything realm with a average of low pop for most of the day .

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks, I really cba paying 200 euros...and as far as leveling 9 classes 1-90 goes fuck that shit too. Guess I'll steadily bring them over once I pass my trial period.

Deleted
    Try calling Blizzard, Ive heard of people who get a discount on mass transfers (something like 3rd char being cheaper and 4th being free). Im not saying its 100% sure but its worth a try, it probably also depends on who picks up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Try calling Blizzard, Ive heard of people who get a discount on mass transfers (something like 3rd char being cheaper and 4th being free). Im not saying its 100% sure but its worth a try, it probably also depends on who picks up the phone.
    I've heard of people winning the lottery. Oh, what's that? Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything.

@OP: Sure, call Blizzard and ask for 200 euroes worth of free services, but don't get mad when they tell you, "no."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

$25 for a single transfer is robbery to begin with, why does a single character transfer cost more than the game license and monthly subscription?

10+ Year Old Account
    Transfers are overpriced. It honestly can't be that much of a hassle on their system to switch toons to a new server. And there should be totally be discounted mass transfers. Either way you'll be paying, but I mean $275 if you have all 11 toons? That's fucking outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    $25 for a single transfer is robbery to begin with, why does a single character transfer cost more than the game license and monthly subscription?
    To prevent server hoppers? Think about it, you know the type. They join your guild, take your gear and leaves to another server only to commit the same crime again. How about gold sellers or those lovely profession scammers? It feels overpriced but it's there to prevent ridiculous amounts of movement. It doesn't seems like it but it really is a good thing.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    To prevent server hoppers? Think about it, you know the type. They join your guild, take your gear and leaves to another server only to commit the same crime again. How about gold sellers or those lovely profession scammers? It feels overpriced but it's there to prevent ridiculous amounts of movement. It doesn't seems like it but it really is a good thing.
    No it is not. Games like Rift have free transfers with one week delay. Works out just fine.

The price for transfers and faction changes are amazingly high.
    I thought the price was just there to limit people for doing it too often, as it would put a strain on their servers and systems. But that was back in 06, when computers and interwebs was really fudging slow. These days its pure greed, like Scrooge McDuck. And if there's one person you won't be compared to when it comes to greed it Scrooge McDuck, yet Blizzard seems perfectly fine with it.

They should have a free option with 1 month lockout, and lower the price to 10 dollars/euros. That's an option I would use at least, with the price they have now I doubt I will be able to have such an amount of cash after bills are paid ect. before WoW shuts down, or the interest fades from the majority of players.

If you are friends with a gm you can ask him for a couple bonus codes. At least this is how I got a couple faction changes. Pretty sure you can get char transfers for gold as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    No it is not. Games like Rift have free transfers with one week delay. Works out just fine.
    Even one month would sound perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    I really don't know how people allow themselves to believe things like this...

I don't buy into the idea that this prevents server hopping. Being as I have been in multiple alt guilds where the GM's shamelessly farmed members and then transferred the guild to another server with all items in the guild bank. If blizz cared about that they wouldn't have made it available.

On topic: you are boned. I have paid the price myself. There are no discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    The price for transfers and faction changes are amazingly high.
    I thought the price was just there to limit people for doing it too often, as it would put a strain on their servers and systems. But that was back in 06, when computers and interwebs was really fudging slow. These days its pure greed, like Scrooge McDuck. And if there's one person you won't be compared to when it comes to greed it Scrooge McDuck, yet Blizzard seems perfectly fine with it.

They should have a free option with 1 month lockout, and lower the price to 10 dollars/euros. That's an option I would use at least, with the price they have now I doubt I will be able to have such an amount of cash after bills are paid ect. before WoW shuts down, or the interest fades from the majority of players.
    Hard to make an argument against that fool proof logic, you know what with the comparing them to a billionaire anthropomorphic duck and all.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-20 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    If you don't like the way Blizzard does it. You can giiiiit ouuuttt!
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-20 at 07:39 AM.

Hey all, thought I'd lend a voice in here. As it is now, there is currently no option to mass transfer characters across to new realms - each transfer is processed individually. Although I don't personally make the judgment call on new transfer options, I do like some of the ideas that have been posted here. As ever, the only thing that remains constant is change - so you never know what'll happen in the future. I always tell our customers that if you want something, be sure to make your voice heard and post constructive feedback/suggestions in our forums where the people who do make those decisions will read them
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-01-22 at 01:07 AM.

Deleted
    Definition of 'Escrow'
    A financial instrument held by a third party on behalf of the other two parties in a transaction. The funds are held by the escrow service until it receives the appropriate written or oral instructions or until obligations have been fulfilled. Securities, funds and other assets can be held in escrow.

Investopedia explains 'Escrow'
    An escrow account can be used in the sale of a house, for example. If there are conditions to the sale, such as the passing of an inspection, the buyer and seller may agree to use escrow. In this case, the buyer of the property will deposit the payment amount for the house in an escrow account held by a third party. This assures the seller - in the process of allowing the house to be inspected - that the buyer is capable of making payment. Once all of the conditions to the sale are satisfied, the escrow transfers the payment to the seller, and title is transferred to the buyer.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/escrow.asp
    Next time use something like that