Poll: After Reading Evidence: Do you think there will be an emerald dream expansion?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Very unlikely.

I believe (although, I don't have any sources) that Blizzard have said numerous times they don't believe there to be enough of a plot / storyline with the Emerald Dream to fulfill an entire Expansion.
    There sure as hell wasn't one with Cata, and Blizz made it work anyway.

But I understand to an extent. With existing lore, there surely isn't enough. They can make new lore (read: add lore) and I personally think it could work wonderfully, but it may take away from what the Emerald Dream really is.

I hope the Emerald Dream will atleast be a very large questing zone, probably in the naga expansion.

My idea for zones in a South Sea (aka naga) expansion would be:

- Broken Isles (the ones from WC3: TFT)
    - Tomb of Sargeras
    - Nazjatar
    - Bottom of the ocean (The Rift)
    - Emerald Dream
    - Kul'Tiras
    - Plunder Isle
    - Tel'Abim
    - What remains of Zandalar

Blizzard could use the Emerald Dream as an spin off.

Reboot the whole franchise.

And then make Warcraft 4. =3

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The only argument in that article is the stupid book and it stating "where are we gonna get quests from?"

I mean seriously. The nightmare is still alive, nzoth is in the emerald dream.

AND SHIT CAN STILL HAPPEN IN THE EMERALD DREAM REGARDLESS IF ITS NIGHTMARE OR NOT.

its fantasy, whatever blizz wants they make it. You can't rule out emerald dream expansion, never ever until blizz says : we are never doing emerald dream expansion.
    I agree with you 100% and even still when blizzard says "We are never ever doing ____" whatever ___ is they almost always end up doing it anyway. Never allow flying in Azeroth, Never give goblins to the horde, never add Panderan to the game, never update druid shifting forms etc etc. They have ended up doing it after saying they have no intention to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Thought Emerald Dream stuff has been wrapped up in the books already?
    I know it's late but I have to address thoughts like this.

Saying the Emerald Dream was "wrapped up in the Stormrage novel" is like saying the Burning Legion was wrapped up in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I know it's late but I have to address thoughts like this.

Saying the Emerald Dream was "wrapped up in the Stormrage novel" is like saying the Burning Legion was wrapped up in Warcraft 3.
    Not really the same. At the end of WC3, we still knew that Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden were out in the Twisting Nether, along with the rest of the Legion. We knew that we'd only stopped the invasion, not obliterated their whole army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    As I said, I don't wanna spoil what's revealed in 5.2 Lore wise because I've spoiled it for myself, but the Voice Files for both Wrathion, at the end of the new Questline, and Ra'den, the Heroic Only boss, state there is something beneath Pandaria.

5.3 is going to be a Lore Patch, which will probably be more Horde vs Alliance relations.

5.4, in my opinion, would be Garrosh officially trying to contain the Sha within himself and succeeding to an extent, while we go beneath Pandaria to take care of the Darkness there.

5.5 will probably be another Lore patch, and Siege would be in 5.6.

If the timeline I've laid out is correct, we're back to a 4 Tier expansion.
    Yes, please. All of what you just said. ALL OF IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Not really the same. At the end of WC3, we still knew that Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden were out in the Twisting Nether, along with the rest of the Legion. We knew that we'd only stopped the invasion, not obliterated their whole army.
    Exactly. We know that the Nightmare's creator still exists, and that it's currently spreading through the Dream again. The Nightmare suffered a setback in Stormrage and lost a powerful agent, just like the Legion did in WC3.

They basically wrapped up the Emerald Dream plot via a novel instead of letting players do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Exactly. We know that the Nightmare's creator still exists, and that it's currently spreading through the Dream again. The Nightmare suffered a setback in Stormrage and lost a powerful agent, just like the Legion did in WC3.
    If we do take out N'zoth, it makes sense that we would attack his physical form, which exists outside of the Dream. No sense in beating back the Nightmare again if all we're going to do is let it grow again.

And I still think the Dream should be erased, it's purpose was invalidated by the destruction of the reorigination device. It's a backup copy that can't be used anymore.

Knowing Blizzard, if they want to do they will somehow find a way to make it work but I think it's unlikely that it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    And I still think the Dream should be erased, it's purpose was invalidated by the destruction of the reorigination device. It's a backup copy that can't be used anymore.
    I don't think "backup copy" is an accurate description at all. I believe it's a blueprint, a schematic. The titans created to determine what they wanted the actual world to be, before they started the much harder work of shaping an actual planet. The Dream is still worthwhile, but the Titans themselves are the only ones who can utilize it now.

It is certainly possible, look at MoP. There is a lot of lore in this expansion that is new. You can't write off anything just because it might have been wrapped up in a book. Something ELSE could happen and it could involve the Emerald Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    They basically wrapped up the Emerald Dream plot via a novel instead of letting players do it.
    You need to go back and read the rest of the thread. The Nightmare was beaten back, but not defeated. The Nightmare has surged into the material world at the Overgrowth and in the Wailing Caverns, all of which happened in Cataclcysm, post-Stormrage.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    You need to go back and read the rest of the thread. The Nightmare was beaten back, but not defeated. The Nightmare has surged into the material world at the Overgrowth and in the Wailing Caverns, all of which happened in Cataclcysm, post-Stormrage.
    Not to mention Mount Hyjal itself.

I really don't think blizz will create an entire new continent brand new from lore, especially this far in the series. Because of that, I got a good feeling the next expansion will be the emerald dream one, then after that it will be the sargeras one. The emerald dream has been in files since vanilla and still hasn't been used, it only makes sense to bring it out, with obviously a lot of work to be done still. All my guildies thought i was wrong about pandaria lol, I got a good feeling I will be right here too.

This game jsut need last expansion with burning legion return , where u killed sargeras, and emerald dream t obe a content patch of it
    so we could finnaly get warcraft 4 !! (or wow2 atleast..not)

I'd say it's definitely still a possibility, if only because it provides an effectively new continent around which an entire expansion can be based without needing to make up a completely new location.

EDIT: I really don't know how South Seas would work out as a full expansion setting. One major reason for how "blah" Cataclysm felt was that it didn't feel like a contiguous world: the zones were so far apart from each other that you just ported straight to them (and even without the ports, you'd be on flightpaths the entire time anyway). South Seas would bring more of that. Even if seamless South Seas "continent" was added, you'd still be afk on sea lanes or whatever. If you don't know why this is a bad idea, go play Suikoden IV and get back to us.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2013-01-19 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is likely we will see the emerald dream, but I wouldn't mind seeing it, that's for sure.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love an Emerald Dream exp, even though i have no idea what the story would be since the nightmare was defeated in the book.

I wouldn't mind a molten front type zone either.