Page 33 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    any idea where it can be obtained, like do we got to solo major domo once a week or so?
    Don't think that has been data-mined yet, or if its even in the files. Since it's a green item I wouldn't expect it to be from a raid, it'll probably be a drop from something, maybe a rare spawn or a rep item. Wouldn't mind it been available for JP tbh lol, finally give me something to blow them all on.

Deleted
    i used the flame kitty staff on progression fights xD well i put it in at the start and swaped out but on fights like imperial vizier zor'lok standing out as a fire kitty helped loads when running in a big group :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    i used the flame kitty staff on progression fights xD well i put it in at the start and swaped out but on fights like imperial vizier zor'lok standing out as a fire kitty helped loads when running in a big group :P

You-you can do that? :O

Deleted
    You can use the ctrl+f (or if mac CMD+F) to search in the guide every header is marked with # and a nummber so it will be easy for you to find any spesific section in the guide without having to scroll throught it. Example ctrl+f and then Type #2 if you want to get to "Get your character ready! or #3.3 for DoC rotation :-)
    Also wanting to bump the section where i requested ppl to share UI SS if possible to give readers diffrent ideas on how they can improve :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    You-you can do that? :O
    Yeah you can :-)

Deleted
    So, can we somehow macro it to switch weapons while in combat to gain the fire kitten buff and then switch as soon as possible?

Somehow we can switch the weapons by using a macro with:

/equip weapon1
    /equip weapon2

Tier Set Update/ PTR Update:
    Druid
    - Thick Hide - now also reduces crits from spells.
    - Feral PvP gloves - increases the duration of Bear Hug by 1 sec. (I originally typed Bear Huge, which would also be an awesome ability.)
    - Feral PvP 2pc - Thick Hide now reduces the chance to be crit by 20%. This is in addition to the Savage Roar effect.
    - Feral PvP 4 pc - Now also causes successful interrupts with Skull Bash to reset the cooldown of Enrage.
    - Feral PvE 2pc - Redesigned. Now gives your finishing moves a 15% chance per cp to add a cp to your target.

We changed some PvP bonus to benefit abilities for Feral (cats) so we also changed them to offer a Guardian (bear) benefit.
    To be complete:
    - Feral / Guardian PvP Glove: Increases the damage of Maim and increases the duration of Bear Huge.
    - Feral / Guardian PvP 2pc: Increases the duration of Savage Roar and increases the critical strike reduction from Thick Hide.

Also, a post from GC:
    Druid
    - Here is our logic on cat movement in PvP. Stacking Feline Swiftness, the PvP set bonus, boot enchants and things like Stampeding Roar and Dash all stacked to be ridiculously fast. We could go back to having all of these things not stacking, but we thought that felt arbitrary and confusing. We didn't want to nerf the talent, so we thought the PvP set bonus made the most sense to hit. Long term, we could consider the movement bonuses stacking additively instead of multiplicatively, but that would do some odd things to snares without further adjustments. We also feel like giving cats Infected Wounds helped a lot with their old problem of not being able to stay on targets.

Keep in mind that some of these changes are attempts to be proactive. We don't necessarily believe that Feral and perhaps Shadow are overpowered in PvP today. However if we're successful in getting mages and warriors down to a more balanced spot, we're concerned Feral and Shadow may be the next two specs that feel broken. We are also mindful that if you knock off the top thing on any list that the next item on that list becomes the new top thing.

Fire Kitty in combat:
    As for the Swap weapons, you just need to have /equip weapon name 1 then /equip weapon name 2 , swaps your weapons. Once in combat the 'druid of the flames buff' will stay on and you can swap to your main weapon.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2013-01-19 at 02:46 AM.

15% doesn't make any sense.. it should be 20% to grant us a free combo point

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    I think 15% is just a place holder for now, they have to test and tweek it yet. 20% Seems like a happy middle ground, 25% would be way to much, yet might be on par with some other classes 2pcs. A CP 'refund' is still welcomed though. I would think a 2pc like this would also make SoTF the clear winner for tier talent tier given it already leans towards more finishers now being used. Now we would get energy + free combo points, certainly a good dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    I think 15% is just a place holder for now, they have to test and tweek it yet. 20% Seems like a happy middle ground, 25% would be way to much, yet might be on par with some other classes 2pcs. A CP 'refund' is still welcomed though. I would think a 2pc like this would also make SoTF the clear winner for tier talent tier given it already leans towards more finishers now being used. Now we would get energy + free combo points, certainly a good dps boost.
    You realize anything higher than 20% chance doesn't really make any sense, right? And the incentivization of SotF isn't any different than the previous incarnation of the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    I'm assuming their train of thought was having removed the inconvenience of having to use a (spell) GCD to get the combo point with the previous version, it needed a reduction in power to still be DPS equivalent.

I really don't think it's a "placeholder". It's definitely not a set in stone value but this definitely doesn't seem like the kind of thing where they just pulled a value out of their asses and said "we'll balance it later".

It is pretty dumb that it's not just 20% though.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-01-19 at 04:58 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Why would they change from something like "HEAL YOURSELF TO GENERATE 1 COMBO POINT" to "MAYBE YOU WILL GET AN EXTRA COMBO POINT WHEN YOU USE A FINISHER" ? Theres only one reason why it got changed, its to not overwhelm player with another button they HAVE to use. Im pretty sure its either just a tooltip bug on the PTR or they really want to give us some fucking rng while other classes have to use a spell to get a lightning proc or smth.

Deleted
    Dammit i liked the first version of the bonus ._.

I use Feral as my OS so my gearing resources are not that great :P Can someone direct me to a website/spreadsheet or tell me which trinkets to use?

http://www.wowdb.com/items/86890-terror-in-the-mists vs http://www.wowdb.com/items/93341-dom...-deadeye-badge vs http://www.wowdb.com/items/75274-zen-alchemist-stone

Both blue trinkets can be upgraded fully. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I use Feral as my OS so my gearing resources are not that great :P Can someone direct me to a website/spreadsheet or tell me which trinkets to use?

http://www.wowdb.com/items/86890-terror-in-the-mists vs http://www.wowdb.com/items/93341-dom...-deadeye-badge vs http://www.wowdb.com/items/75274-zen-alchemist-stone

Both blue trinkets can be upgraded fully. Thanks.
    Check out the #2.7 in the original post. http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...&t=1883#p11158

Deleted
    Im so annoyed that they would change such a useful set bonus to something totally crap.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Check out the #2.7 in the original post. http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...&t=1883#p11158
    It doesn't have Dominator's in it, that's my main issue (also Terror tooltip is correct, it's LFR)

Didn't even know those trinkets existed, will add them.

Edit: It takes a while to update these things since there's a lot of CPU work involved, I'll try to have the new results up in the next 2 hours at the latest.

That, and I also figured out a better format for me to set up the input files so it's not as much of a pain in the ass every time I want to update it so I'm working on converting to that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:43 AM ----------

Still simming stat weights for the newest action list, but everything else is updated including the addition of the Deadeye Badge.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-01-20 at 04:59 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

So even the upgraded Dominator's is like 1.5k dps behind the non-upgraded Zen. Thanks for the sims

15+ Year Old Account
    question about best weapon enchant for a caster weapon,
    your sims says its jade spirit, but if i swap on my caster weapon and spam hurricane, wont the internal cooldown that triggers when swapping weapons make it useless to enchants jade spirit?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    question about best weapon enchant for a caster weapon,
    your sims says its jade spirit, but if i swap on my caster weapon and spam hurricane, wont the internal cooldown that triggers when swapping weapons make it useless to enchants jade spirit?
    If i'm not totally mistaken i was procing Windsong when i used HotW so i asume that it doesn't trigger a ICD. I could be wrong i can test it when i get home.