Poll: Would you purchase a tome of panda land flying for 10k gold for each of your alts?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    no, pandaria is meant to quest on foot. being able to fly so early trivialize it too much.
    So??? It would only be for alts since you have already done it on your main. You aren't missing anything if they make it just for alts.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    No, it's not really about the price though.

a) I don't mind not flying, I enjoy using my land mount.
    b) MOP was designed with a land mount in mind, there will certainly be some convenience for having one, but frankly - it won't be that huge of a difference, the quest hubs are close to objective locations
    c) I can level through MOP without rested in a day if I wanted, 10k isn't worth skipping a days worth of leveling.
    d) I generally use my alts as a "I fancy a change" thing, I'm in no rush to get them to max level

I don't really care about going fast on alts, nor do I believe flying would speed it up enough to be worth the 10k.

Nah. I've paid more for less, but 85-90 is really not that stale for me and doesn't last long anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Why not? Its quality of life thing. Luxury.
    If you want to fly leveling whole way 85-90 then you should pay more, 10k.

If youd buy it at 90 it should be cheaper. Its choice.
    More choices = seems good to me. Specially around these times when leveling is not the most important part even if you just started.
    You're 100% right! I've decided the entire levelling process should also be optional. Want to level to 90? Up to you. Don't feel like levelling to 90? Pay 100k gold to to remove all gear equip requirements. Get carried through a single normal mode dungeon and grats on your being an unhittable 600k DPS beast due to obscene scaling.

Please just stop talking if you don't have anything intelligent to say.

Forcing people not to fly the first time around makes some sense, because it allows them to experience the content as initially intended. However, as of alt 2 it's just wasting players time for no good reason.

Deleted
    Was it really necessary to make another thread about this?

It's fine like it is and probably will stay that way for at least some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it free, I want to see peoples heads spin.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    No, 2500 would be the cap for me.
    Agree with that price, and with any luck they will add it in the next patch *LK was a little longer to add in but then again LK was a 10 level Exp and MOP is only a 5 so it should be sooner if comparing to when they put it in LK.

All my alts will get flying at 90, why should pay through the nose before then? I am not a lazy kiddie, and there is so much to see and do each new one finds new things as I am careful to do different quest lines each time. Levelling is not a race for me.

And if levelling alts is too much strange on your little hands and minds, don't make them, stick to your main as that is probably within your power without over stressing you and making your mummy worried about your health
    Last edited by Saffa; 2013-01-19 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    All my alts will get flying at 90, why should pay through the nose before then? I am not a lazy kiddie, and there is so much to see and do each new one finds new things as I am careful to do different quest lines each time. Levelling is not a race for me.

And if levelling alts is too much strange on your little hands and minds, don't make them, stick to your main as that is probably within your power without over stressing you and making your mummy worried about your health
    if you're just going to drop to name calling maybe you're just to lazy to earn the gold to buy it and don't want anyone to have it either? works both ways....

2.5k gold people pay for flying on main in MoP is already too much, as they pay for something they already had, but was simply locked for MoP zones.

I have all gold on my server, but still I am not paying for flying on alts even at 90, as it isn't really needed (though it makes gameplay more boring). Just waiting that maybe mid-expansion flying in MoP won't require additional payment anymore. And it is not like we will use MoP-flying in next expansion anyway (and hopefully there will be no additional payments for flying in next expansions...).

I would buy it if it was added, because it makes levelling much faster. But I don't think it should, because it trivialises the questing experience. The quests were designed for ground mount, you now get quest continuation where you stand, you get transportation help between areas. Simply, the questing experience is fine as it is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    If your going to make it some high gold price, then just make a BOE Mount that gives you Mist & Serpent flying at
    85 for $25 dollars in the Blizzard store. Do you know how much money they could make on people simply
    don't want to ride a ground mount for 5 levels or do daily quests? (If blizzard uses this idea, I request free loots)

Those people need to quit. It's seriously not harder than if you could fly... it's not like in classic/BC where two mobs could easily kill you.

If anything should be removed its being dazed off your damned mount!

Since I still have a good reserve off gold from my days of AH playing, that could last me some time if I dont spend to much...Yes.

Also I barely ever level alts, but when I do I want it to be comfy and hopefully fast. I did spend like 10-15k just for 3 MOP items so.

But yea...depends how big youre wallet are.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I can deal with 5 levels of ground mount if it's gonna save me 10k :P thats like 1-2 days of questing or spend 10k .. yeah land mounts it is! lol

Deleted
    If I have anything resembling a strong opinion in this area it's that convenience should never be gated. I can respect the view that flying shouldn't be possible in Pandaria because you actually enjoy the game less with it. I disagree but that's fine - it is a polarising subject.

But if you take the view that flying is an improvement, don't withhold it from anyone. To motivate players to keep playing by dangling a less inconvenient way of playing in front of them is awful design. I've taken many breaks from wow and the first was when, many years ago, I realised how much I hated levelling through the thirties only so I could continue levelling in a slightly (very slightly) less painful way at 40 (at least I didn't have to farm gold for my alts).

Cool-looking mounts and armour and other prestige items should be hard to obtain. I'm completely in favour of having players' achievements stand out (e.g. real legendaries that look badass from a mile away, full tier gear being a rarity, LFR dropping blues with inferior visuals compared to raids). But convenience and quality of life items should be baseline for everyone. So 10k gold is way too much. Flying generally is too expensive - making a new player (they exist, albeit not on these forums) save up for 280% flying is wanton cruelty. Master flying should cost about 1k and then 100g per expansion. The game absolutely needs gold sinks. BMAH is a move in the right direction - making convenience items like transportation, storage etc a gold sink is very outdated thinking imo.

10k isn't much though it can build up pending on how many alts there are, I wouldn't personally.. I enjoy my ground mounts and you spent the majority of your time on the ground fighting mobs while leveling anyhow.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay 10k if it was a one-time use item that allowed all my alts to fly in Pandaria.
    Otherwise i wouldn't pay more than 2k.

10+ Year Old Account
    10k is nothing, and since people are so lazy as to waste time whining instead of actually going around leveling, I suggest increasing that amount to something more substantial, like 300,000k and making it account wide. THEN we'd see you babies whine wouldn't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In light of the recent post about the QQ of not being able to fly panda land upon hitting 85, i thought i'd ask this question, and have a poll.

Would you purchase an herloom tome that allowed one of your alts to gain access to panda land flying at level 85 for 10k gold?

You could purchase as many of these as you wanted for each alt you wanted to level through panda land.

If you answer No, tell us how much you would spend on a tome of panda land flying.

Poll to follow:
    no. it does not matter how expansive it is; it would suck and destroy all the immersion.