Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodProduct View Post
    I find it amusing that in a world of text (online forums), so many have reading comprehension issues. The main point was that the guild used a lockout extension to bypass re-defeating a boss that they exploited for a kill the first time around (and the exploit was likely fixed by the next week). And no, exploitation is not OK just because a couple of others did it as well.
    MSV: 3 Extends, 2 WoTE Rots, 1 Full Raid Extend
    HOF: 2 Extends, 1 Emp Rot, 1 Full Raid Extend
    ToES: 2 Extend, 2 Sha Rot, 2 Full Raid Extend
    ToES: Exploited kill on Tsulong, no repeat kills
    If that was the reason it was mentioned, the GM wouldn't have bothered to list anything other than one ToES extension.
    As it is he lists 7 extensions, 5 of which aren't even in the same instance as Tsulong, as if for some reason extending an instance is something to be ashamed of.

Well your GM's post definitely comes off as whiny when he mentions how the guild barely had Sha/Galleon gear before progression. Most guilds did not and that is such a miniscule part of progression.

Nevertheless, your GM talks in detail about the raid extending UT did this tier so I don't blame anyone for bringing that up as a major flaw in his argument towards guild/raiding integrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I PM'd you a few thoughts. I know a bit more about UT and some of their practices just from having spoken with people who left.

Can't say I'm surprised.

However - I don't think that it's necessarily unfair to extend a lockout. Personally I hate extended lockouts, but I also know that certain guilds wipe for hours on farm content and that's why they do it.

I find it amazing that people can actually think UT did nothing wrong or even defend their actions as a guild. Raid extending after exploiting a boss to then allow progress on Sha is pretty disrespectful to everyone who has killed sha, and currently working on sha who didn't need obvious exploits to kill Tsulong.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptsoul View Post
    I find it amazing that people can actually think UT did nothing wrong or even defend their actions as a guild. Raid extending after exploiting a boss to then allow progress on Sha is pretty disrespectful to everyone who has killed sha, and currently working on sha who didn't need obvious exploits to kill Tsulong.
    People who defend them are people who really dont care cause they werent competing for world's first which means for most people it doesnt matter at all how they killed this bosses and when. Most treat it as normal computer game - y i know saying something like this is blasphemy for some people but well /shrug -_-