Poll: HIGH ELVES!?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Calling it: High / Blood elves 'new' race of Exp V.

Disclaimer: This theory requires that another race also receives a sub-race, so that the Horde could get a new race as well and not just the Alliance. I do not see that as an impossibility at all. Both races would in that case require very little work compared to entirely new races, as they already have models, settlements, lore, and so on.

MOTIVATION

Expansion V is probably themed around the return of The Burning Legion, and Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon are 'needed for what's coming next', according to Metzen. The Army of Light will possibly be formed to fight the Burning Legion. Turalyon might become the military commander of such an army, considering his experience in dealing with the legion, and his hatred of all things evil.

Alleria Windrunner, however, is famous for her ferocious loyalty to the Alliance and hatred of the Horde - while it is likely Turalyon might answer a greater calling than the faction conflict, Alleria probably won't. Her calling is to reunite her people, and restore it to its former glory. This opens up an endless array of possible story lines involving the elves of the Eastern Kingdom and the Windrunner sisters, on the side of the main story that deals with the legion.

New neutral player race: High Elves.
    Horde: Sin'Dorei (Blood Elf).
    Alliance: Quel'Dorei (High Elf).

SPECULATION

• Alleria Windrunner returns and forms the Quel'Dorei faction - its primary purpose being to restore the full might of the High Elves and 'cleanse' their brethren, the Blood Elves. Extremely loyal to the Alliance.
    • Alleria sets up bases along the coastal stretch of land bordering Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron, sometimes referred to as 'Northeron'. From there, she watches over Quel'Thalas and welcomes any blood elf who wishes to repent and join her. (The name Northeron is said to have referred to another region, but let's stick with it for now.)

- Level 1: Player High Elf meets Alleria and Vereesa in Northeron. Alleria is infuriated as Vereesa refuses to leave the Silver Covenant for the Quel'Dorei.
    - Level 10: Player meets Alleria and Sylvanas in a quest, and is faced with an ultimatum. Joins Horde or Alliance (Blood Elf or High Elf).
    - Level 10-20: Player quests through the Ghostlands or Northeron.

Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-01-20 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would we do elves again, though? We have elves. Blood elves.

I could see High Elves for the Alliance...maybe...but I expect a different race for the Horde.

Deleted
    Just add the concept of sub-races on the creation screen and be done with it. High Elves being the Human sub-race.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    with pandas, anything is possible...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAH! Ha ha ha.

So you want BElves to go neutral and that be it? What would the horde have? They'd not get a new race (already got BElves) while ALly has a new race (HElves).

If BElves went neutral, so would Dwarves. Moira wants the throne, and it's clear that Muradin won't give it up. So she defects to the Horde to take Ironforge by force.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That would mean there's 6 Alliance Races and 5 Horde Races.

Natta.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    HAH! Ha ha ha.

So you want BElves to go neutral and that be it? What would the horde have? They'd not get a new race (already got BElves) while ALly has a new race (HElves).

If BElves went neutral, so would Dwarves. Moira wants the throne, and it's clear that Muradin won't give it up. So she defects to the Horde to take Ironforge by force.
    but muradin wont let that happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    HAH! Ha ha ha.

I never said blood elves would go neutral, I said it was a choice to become one. I know it's a bit unfair for Alliance to get a new race an Horde not, so obviously this would only work if they did the same thing with another race as well, in which case the Horde gained one.

I don't even think we are even going to get a new race next expac, I think that new models are going to be the big selling thing next expac.

Not to mention the absolute BLASTING Blizzard would receive for just "recycling races".

I highly doubt it.

I still believe this next expansion will be a continuation of the Eredar story arch. Perhaps eve Argus, finally.

Ogres for Horde, and possibly.. Ethereals for Alliance. Not sold on the latter.

Deleted
    I don't get why people vote this as a 'lame theory'. In my view, it makes perfect sense if you consider old lore and speculated future lore, and also sounds completely badass. :P But each to their own!

I would be happy if some races were forced into a neutral faction
    (N)Night Elves, Tauren, Pandas, New Race? (High Elves??? Ideas?)
    (H)Undead, Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Blood Elves
    (A)Human, Dwarf, Draenai, Gnome, Worgen

If Alleria returned she would join the Silver Covenant, becoming a co-ruler with Vereesa. Alleria has a greater hatred of the Horde than Vereesa. She literally followed the Horde to another world to hunt them. Although it would be interesting to see if Auric could play a larger role, trying to broker some sort of peace agreement.

High Elves? Nope. Penguins. Waddle waddle.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There simply aren't enough High or Blood Elves to make this happen. Besides it would be a huge mess...

Oh and Northeron exists, it's Twilight Highlands, or rather the sad remains of it; "However, as of the Cataclysm, the Northeron's famed icy cliffs rapidly melted, and most of the independent dwarves who lived there were killed by the Twilight's Hammer forces and Iso'rath. Some of the wreckage is still visible along the northern coast. Hence, the region formerly known as Northeron is now considered the northernmost part of the Twilight Highlands. However, the nearby spiritual center of Kirthaven remains intact.[4]" http://www.wowpedia.org/Northeron

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Ogres

Simple, quoting what I said from a previous thread:

Personally i'd have them do what they did with Pandaren; give each faction the 'underdog' in their respective situations. Pandaren were the absolute underdogs on Pandaria, and arguably still are; beset from all sides by Mogu, Mantid, Saurok, Yaungol and Sha. Likewise, the High Elves are very much the underdogs in Elven lore at the moment; their numbers badly damaged via those who remained with Kael'thas to become Blood Elves, the destruction of Theramore, and the war with the Horde. Ogres too, have their own underdogs; the clan we see in Feralas being remarkably small compared to their cousins in the Outland, never mind the fact that Ogres are almost constantly underdogs given their love of picking fights with pretty much anyone and everyone.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There simply aren't enough High or Blood Elves to make this happen. Besides it would be a huge mess...
    Lorewise there are likely more High Elves than Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we will get high elves for alliance, but horde is going to get something totally new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenedfist View Post
    I don't even think we are even going to get a new race next expac, I think that new models are going to be the big selling thing next expac.
    nah, not the selling point. If they change the race models, even those with f2p will have it.
    I do expect it to be in the pre-next expac patch.

also: ogres as a playable race? chances are slim, but I don't like them, maybe if they can make them awesome...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Just add the concept of sub-races on the creation screen and be done with it. High Elves being the Human sub-race.
    Oh god I would love this. Let me play an Earthen dwarf. PLEASE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I don't get why people vote this as a 'lame theory'. In my view, it makes perfect sense if you consider old lore and speculated future lore, and also sounds completely badass. :P But each to their own!
    The problem of your theory is that you're leaving the Horde with less race than the alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Oh god I would love this. Let me play an Earthen dwarf. PLEASE!
    I don't think they will give you Earthen Dwarf..., maybe a Wildhammer and Darkiron dwarf.