Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    They only give you the game, same as if you where given the box in a store, and it comes with 30d game time that will be counted as if you had bought the box.
    Actualy, as I mentioned above, without any direct payment attatched, it cannot legally count in the fiscal quarter. Even if it's 'just like the real game' without any financial statistics to add, it cannot make it to the quarterly financial overview. The gametime would be counted had the player purchased the game, but since no payment is involved, it counts as a glorified trial which does NOT count towards the subscription base =)

Edit: This is NOT to say that Blizzard does not often take advantage of cunning marketing plans. This IS clearly for the purpose of trying to increase revenue and increase interrest within their franchises towards another franchise and property. But this particular marketing strategy have nothing to do with boosting subscription counts for the comming quarter - but it just might in the long run =)

2x Edit: I just sat and read through the company I used to work for and how they handle fiscal quarters and shareholder meetings. Turns out, my former company would already have their numbers for a quarter counted up little over ½ a month before releasing the numbers simply to avoid mistakes and prepeare the representatives to know what questions they will recieve from investors and shareholders in advance.

I can't say for sure weither Activision Blizzard does the same, but color me suprised if it's a guy sitting with a stop watch going "Aaaaaand NOW! Quick, post this number!" by the exact time of release =)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-20 at 09:24 AM.

just go to your b.net and fill in the key and see what happens. doesn't look to hard to find that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Actualy, as I mentioned above, without any direct payment attatched, it cannot legally count in the fiscal quarter. Even if it's 'just like the real game' without any financial statistics to add, it cannot make it to the quarterly financial overview. The gametime would be counted had the player purchased the game, but since no payment is involved, it counts as a glorified trial which does NOT count towards the subscription base =)
    You are free to believe that if you so wish, I'm quite sure they will be counted to the subscriber number as it's Blizzard them selfs who define what a subscriber is, it has nothing to do with payment as the subscription revenue is listed as is the sales, the term subscribers for the report is only to show how many players are "actively" playing the game.