prot aoe revenge spam

Hey guys, I must be doing something wrong, when I get large packs of mobs I pretty much sit there spamming thunderclap and revenge, and maybe a few cd's if things get heavy, what am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, except you missed out shockwave, (or any other from that tier depending what you are doing) I assume you are using your rage on shield block or barrier

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Nothing, except you missed out shockwave, (or any other from that tier depending what you are doing) I assume you are using your rage on shield block or barrier
    Yeah and shockwave every now and then, this seems boring, I don't understand?

I'm practically spamming 1 button 90% of the time :S

I feel like we've gone from

shield blocking every 5 seconds and tabbing devastates keeping thunderclap and demo up while keeping an eye on mobs that might be getting low on threat and shield slamming them back in line, chugging pots and keeping an eye on any loose adds, intervening to the healer/dps etc if one gets away

to

revenge revenge revenge revenge thunderclap revenge revenge revenge revenge shockwave revenge revenge revenge revenge, this is boring me silly, if I wanted 1 button class I'd play a mage :/

I don't want to insult the prot warrior since I've been one for 5 or 6 years now but I duno, it just doesn't feel right, hard to explain, I'm guessing it's the content I'm doing, heroics aren't exactly challenging.
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    Thats what a tank is all about, fury or arms also have just 5 buttons to use..... Almost every class...
    But yeah, use procs with HS, use TC on CD, shockwave on CD, devastate, Hc Throw.

Druids or palas or dks dont use that much variation aswell..

And heroics, you mean dungeons or raids?
    Because dungeons were not challenging since they released. Want a somewhat challenge as prot warrior, do challenge modes Gold. Good fun.

Welcome to Warrior tanking. Having played both Prot Paladin and Warrior, I'd say they're equal braindead, closely followed by Druid.

DK demands slighty more from you, but not a huge deal. Monk is the class for you, if you perfer pressing more buttons for the same effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Welcome to Warrior tanking. Having played both Prot Paladin and Warrior, I'd say they're equal braindead, closely followed by Druid.

DK demands slighty more from you, but not a huge deal. Monk is the class for you, if you perfer pressing more buttons for the same effect.
    I love the cynicism of this (In a non sarcastic way) Reading this made my day ^^

Although I would say to push the top numbers you need to have some idea as to what you are doing:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post

shield blocking every 5 seconds and tabbing devastates keeping thunderclap and demo up while keeping an eye on mobs that might be getting low on threat and shield slamming them back in line, chugging pots and keeping an eye on any loose adds, intervening to the healer/dps etc if one gets away

to

to

revenge revenge revenge revenge thunderclap revenge revenge revenge revenge shockwave revenge revenge revenge revenge, this is boring me silly, if I wanted 1 button class I'd play a mage :/
    Exaggerate much? Seriously, when you angle your argument like this it doesn't look very serious. If the first aoe rotation was how you used to do it then here's how you do it now.

shield blocking every 5 seconds and tabbing revenges keeping thunderclap up and using demo shout actively while keeping an eye on mobs that might be getting low on threat and shield slamming them back in line, chugging pots and keeping an eye on any loose adds, intervening to the healer/dps etc if one gets away

plus shockwave, plus barrier if magic damage, plus taunt if one gets away instead of intervening

Deleted

to

Exaggerate much? Just because you use revenge more now you don't use the pots, the interevenes, the shield blocks anymore? If the first rotation you listed is how you used to do it then here's probably how you are and should be doing it now;

shield blocking every 5 seconds and tabbing revenges keeping thunderclap and actively using demo shout or any other damage mitigation cooldowns while keeping an eye on mobs that might be getting low on threat and shield slamming them back in line, chugging pots and keeping an eye on any loose adds, intervening to the healer/dps etc if one gets away, or you know taunt

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    shield blocking every 5 seconds
    Don't take that much damage I'm afraid, certainly not worth spamming shield block

and tabbing revenges
    Yes revenge.

keeping thunderclap
    and thunderclap

and actively using demo shout or any other damage mitigation cooldowns
    demo shout has a 1 minute cooldown, banner has 3m cooldown

while keeping an eye on mobs that might be getting low on threat and shield slamming them back in line, chugging pots and keeping an eye on any loose adds, intervening to the healer/dps etc if one gets away, or you know taunt
    Don't lose threat on any mobs so that gives me:

revenge - procing like mad
    thunderclap - 6s cooldown

shockwave - 20s cooldown
    demo shout - 1m cooldown
    banner - 3m cooldown

So my rotation is thunderclap shockwave revenge revenge revenge revenge revengerrevengerevengerevengerevengerevenge

Deleted
    Dude. Are you nuts? He was referring how warrior tanking had been. It has been taken away from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Dude. Are you nuts? He was referring how warrior tanking had been. It has been taken away from us.
    Tclap, revenge, cleave and shockwave are going to be the most used buttons. After that there's heroic leap and you can always weave in shield slams. Another strong tactic is to tab execute for victory rush procs. On top of that theres off GCD abilities likes zerker rage, shield block, demo shout and banners.

Warriors are still the highest APM class and if you're hitting less 10 buttons while aoe tanking you're doing it wrong. Sure you don't necessarily need to do all that but there's nothing stopping you from doing it aside from pure laziness.